Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Asking For A Friend Who Is Self-Pay.....cost And Recommendations?

many many mahalos for everyone who replied!!! (And you all got a better deal than me!!! $18,000 in Germany.....but I was in the hospital for 8 days AND I would do it again in a minute......). But for those who don't want to go to Tijuana alone; maybe I should hook you up with my friend and you can do it together....she probably won't be ready until the fall because she has to work all summer. let me know if you're interested.....it helps to have a support system. She's been reading my weekly blog and she is so stoked to do this....we went to High School together and have always fought our weight. She doesn't know about the blog yet, but will get on it when she gets back home from her time here in Hawaii.

For those of you who are not yet sleeved, your time will come and it will all be worth the wait!

Probably too early but a Goofycathy and I are scheduled with Dr Kelly on June 14.

I have a hernia so my insurance will cover the hernia part and i will pay the difference.4300

i could of faked a hernia and paid the difference, Sounds like my obgyn i had tubal reversal for 3000 due to them giving me a bladder lift in Katy.

I paid 4500 Tijuana Mexico I went in alone.

Holy crap! 13' date='800 in Baton Rouge! I got taken for a ride, I'm thinking...[/quote']

Me too...but care was excellent....others speak of drain tube...none here..13,600 done in new orleans

Mine was $16,000 :-O

Self pay in Monroe Louisiana.

$4,900... surgeon

$500...... anesthesiologist

$7500.... hospital

----------------------------

$12,900...

My insurance helped pay for pre-op testing and lab work but my deductible was not met so I had an out of pocket pay of about $700. I also was advised that I will be getting another bill of about $300 from the lab where the removed stomach was sent for analysis.

So in the end i will end up paying almost $14,000

When you are a self pay...you discover very quickly that there are many hidden costs that are not included in the original price but in my opinion... IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Where in Houston for $4300??? I dont believe you....I want to see proof of that!!!

My sister had a really great experience with Dr. Alvarez. One advantage to Alvarez is that he can usually schedule a patient just two or three weeks from being approved and he has performed so many sleeves, so many. However, that was six years ago. Since then, surgeons in the states are catching onto the cash to be had in this arena and obtaining "self pay" prices from the various providers like radiology and the hosp, the kind of haggling that the insurance company does. This way they can quote the patient an all inclusive package price. One surgeon I looked into, because of his stellar reputation, had not set this up. I was expected to call all the providers myself to obtain pricing, which to me meant I would need to haggle to obtain something a bit closer to what ins. would be paying as opposed to the outrageous prices they quote otherwise. I decided I did not want to be haggling, like I am buying a used Oldsmobile. Anyhow, I think a lot of surgeons are competing for the business including setting up special provisions for the out-of-towners. I would at least look into the highly regarded medical centers, like U of Michigan or mayo so that she may obtain follow up care stateside. Just a thought.

Isntsheclever....where are you in Kansas? I'm about an hour north of Topeka. I meant $12,000 no $1200..sorry

I went to Mexico for Dr. Rodriguez through Belite. He is a very good surgeon with a great track record, a great bedside manner, and alot of experience. I paid $7900 total. It's more than some people pay in Mexico, but I was ok with that to have an excellent surgeon, and to be in a real hospital instead of a strip mall. I vote Mexico!

Where in Houston for $4300??? I dont believe you....I want to see proof of that!!!

Let me clarify: The reason mine is $4300, is becuase I have a hernia: but I do have insurance so my insurance will pay for my hernia but not the weight loss surgery; so my portion to pay will be $4300 and my insurance will pick up the rest.