Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Are You One Week Post-Opers

I am one week post-op today' date=' and am having trouble with knowing if I am hungry or not. I'm on the full liquid diet for another week and can not wait to have pureed food! Even if the majority of it will be baby food... Sometimes I feel like I get too much liquid in at one time? And then there are times that I feel like I can hold more than the 2-4oz of liquid. Anyone else feel like this? No pain with it, just a feeling like I need to burp but can't.[/quote']

Same here....I just figure Water goes down faster.

I'm also one week out---getting in all my required fluids/protein. My energy level is actually pretty good---but I have lost 33 pounds. 22 prior to surgery and the rest since surgery! Hope ur journey continues to go well!!!

I find I can hold a lot of liquid too. But it makes sense to me after watching my contrast test. The Barium went right through the sleeve. So I guess it winds through our intestines and our bladder just holds it.

As for the pain, Tattoodmom, could it be that you rolled over at night? I love sleeping on my stomach so I had to put pillows around me so I wouldn't go more than my side. I did roll over in my sleep the first night and woke up in so much pain! Or could it be gas that built up while you slept?

Hope you find some relief!

I am a lil over a week post op. Im good on the Clear Liquids and getting in my Protein what I can not handle is evey morning when I wake up I have awful pain in my lower abdomen. Today I cried and made my husband help get me up! Any thoughts on combating that awful feeling?

I am a lil over a week post op. Im good on the clear liquids and getting in my Protein what I can not handle is evey morning when I wake up I have awful pain in my lower abdomen. Today I cried and made my husband help get me up! Any thoughts on combating that awful feeling?

Have you had a BM yet it could be that....ask your doctor if it's safe to use a stool softener.

I'm 1 week post op today. I'm gassy, sore and tired. But I wouldn't trade it for the world!! I have burning/soreness in the biggest incisions so I use a heating pad to combat that. I don't get all my fluids in and I have only been doing one Protein Shake a day. Every time I drink I have the gurgling thing to. I'm not humgry, I just wish I had more choices to drink/eat. I go to my 1st post op appt tomorrow so I hope he advances me to full liquids. I don't want any more Jello ( I purchased too much) and I think that I will not eat the pudding I bought either!

I'm one week one day post op... I am having no problem with my sleeve :) I've had no problems with getting my fluids, just my Protein. I'm already tired of Protein Drinks :( I still have pain/discomfort in my right side... Makes it hard to bend and get up from laying down, but it's doable. Started with extreme fatigue today! Hope it goes away because I go back to work Friday and I have a physical job!

My pain def is not BM related. I see my surgeon tomorrow. He will fix me...lol. I think it was actually from the lovenox injections. I called and they let me stop them today because if how broken out and majorly bruised my belly is.

I went to my 1 week pre-op appt today. I have lost a total of 24 pounds. Everything is doing well. I got a script for an acid reducer because I had one night where the acid reflux was unbearable! My doc wants me to stay on clear liquids for 3 more weeks!!!!!!! I think I may go crazy!!!!

I was having trouble getting in all my Protein but did some research and found a Liquid Protein product call "Proteinex" 18g of protein in 1oz....can't beat that with a stick. It's a little expensive but worth it for me. Just wanted to pass on my findings.

Hi there, I am 8 days post-op. I had my 3rd follow up with my bariatric team on yesterday, 17 pds lost since surgery. I was on Clear liquids for ythe 1st week. Now I can have a protien shake along with the clear liquids. I must say, I miss chewing. TV food commercials look so good now. I don't think I paid that much attention to them in the past. My family is very supportive, but they will eat anything in front of me...no shame...lol.

I did experience a lot of burping in the begining. I was told that i was not sipping, I was gulping and that causes the burping. I was instructed to let the liquids roll down my throat. I tried that, but find myself still needing to swallow. I take in small amounts of Fluid at a time and just prepare for the burp.

I have a lil pain in my left side, but that could be from riding on the terrible roads in NJ. I am no longer taking any of the post-op medications. I have only had 2 BMs since surgery and that was with the assistance of M.O.M. This is strange for me because I gerneral go shortly after eating. I have not had a movement since Tues. I will bring this up with my team on tomorrow. Maybe I need another dose of m.o.m.

I am very pleased so far. One of the best things that has happened so far is that I have been smokefree for over a week. I wish I didn't punk out of surgery before, but it's my time now.

I am 11 days out. Finally found a shake I can tolerate..... Atkins. Ice cold. I am also doing pudding, yogurt,broths,cream Soups and I kept very very finely shredded tuna fish down last night. It was from a can but I cut it up alot before adding the mayo. I was able to eat about 1/2 of a 3oz can. I am regaining energy and starting to feel like me again. I have lost 21 pounds so far and see my doc in another week. I do think I get heart burn now but it doesn't last and is completely random. I have gone back to cooking for my family, it was easier then I thought since I feel full, all the time!

I am 11 days out. Finally found a shake I can tolerate..... Atkins. Ice cold. I am also doing pudding,

i am 1 month out today, however I recommend Premium Nutrition shakes, they are 30g in an 11oz container, in choc flavor. I think they are FABULOUS. They can be had at Walmart or samsclub ... I think they are $18 for 12 at sams club. They are awesome. Their bars are good too. DRINK THEM SLOWLY!!!! I still tend to drink them too fast and get a stomach ache

i also make pudding with them, instant sugar free pudding and 16oz of shake....an instant pudding that packs tons of Protein, only problem is every flavor becomes chocolate - double choc, banana chocolate, vanilla chocolate lol

Thanks Captain... I will definetley try them!