Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

Good luck favoredone! I know how much you gave been wanting this- praying for you! Also, good luck and prayers for rainsong!!!

My surgery is less than 23 hours away! I am sooo ready for it to be over and be recovering! Jasleeve- we're almost there!

Good luck, Favoredone and Rainsong,,you both are in my prayers!!!

Ditto this -- hope it went wonderfully!!

I was sleeved on the 14th. I had said before that my dr needed to repair a fundiplication surgery from 1999 that had undone itself (was for severe gerd) My preop upper gi showed about 1/3rd of my stomach above my diaphragm in my chest cavity. So my dr would fix that first for one hour and then my sleeve would be 1/2 hour. Turned out after he got in te the upper stomach was actually lodged between my lungs resting on my heart. So he had to repair that firtst which took 2 hours instead of one and then he did the sleeve.

As you know with any laparoscopy carbon monoxide is pumped into you to expand and most of them are 30-45 min, but I had it for 2 1/2 hours which had my shoulders in such bad pain until the next night! Thank God if i hadn't wanted o be sleeved, would have never known it until something drastic happened! I feel so blessed or that!

As for my sleeve never had any pain, no nausea, no cramping, of course am passing a little gas. Still no pain, and keeping all liquids down.a. Have drain in until i asee the dr on Thursday.

The only problem I am having is alot of coughing especially when I try to talk. Has anyone experienced that?

Otherwise everthing is great and I am on the loser's bench!

Janet

I'm so glad you had a good experience! Based on my past surgical history, I expected the same. I guess 15 years makes a difference, LOL! I am still rather sore on both the right and left, very high to my ribs. I know that's from my stomach and liver being manhandled. I didn't have much gas pain, but my incision sites were very sore. I was up and walking tho, just hours after surgery. I did have to spend hours in PACU, waiting for a bariatric bed.

I'm off all pain meds, even Tylenol. Lost 10 lbs so far, didn't start losing for about 3 days.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone sleeved and getting ready! Everything is worth watching the dial on the scales shift downward!!

Happy Holidays.

Terri

I was a revision from band to sleeve, so had two drains (more extensive surgery with higher risk of complications like excess bleeding, leaks etc). The drains came out yesterday - yowsa that smarted. Really, it hurt, but it was over fast and now I am so happy to be FREE of those dang drains.

I am down 11.8 pounds since surgery, more like 20# siince started preop diet. I feel like things are starting to happen - woo hoo!

Well everyone I was sleeved yesterday morning and all went very well. Hardly any pain. I stopped taking morphin around 9 last night. Throughout the day the nurses had to remind me to take pain meds. I've been pretty much off all meds today. Drain is out, folly and iv are done. Swallow test went great. All and all I'm very happy with everything. I had a really bad c section and emergency surgery after the c section so this was a breeze compared to that. I know everyone is different but I still wanted to share my story with you all!

Tonya

I'm so glad so many are coming over to the losers bench! We're almost there!

Good luck to those still waiting! We'll save spots for y'all!

Well everyone I was sleeved yesterday morning and all went very well. Hardly any pain. I stopped taking morphin around 9 last night. Throughout the day the nurses had to remind me to take pain meds. I've been pretty much off all meds today. Drain is out, folly and iv are done. Swallow test went great. All and all I'm very happy with everything. I had a really bad c section and emergency surgery after the c section so this was a breeze compared to that. I know everyone is different but I still wanted to share my story with you all!

Tonya

So glad to hear you are doing so well Tonya!

Since i have not been able to get comfortable to sleep, I finally started sleeping in the recliner and man what a difference. I have been napping for two days and finally feel rested. Go to my dr. on Thursday to get my drain out. He called me in something for the coughing and it is subsiding. He said since my surgery was 2 1.2 hours long, and all that gas was pumped in, my tubes probably got a little irritated and imflamed. Am tolerating liquids well and will probably go to the next stage Thursday. Looks like I am averaging about 2 lbs. a day weight loss. YAY! We did it! Best of luck to those being sleeved this week.

Rainsong, sounds awesome! I am wondering too, so happy for you.

Today I had pre-admission labs. the nurse there told me that to minimize pain from the CO2 they blow us up with, to lay as flat as possible to avoid the gas rising, for the first day or so. She said that way it will not be as likely to cause pain. Anyone heard that?

I am up tomorrow. I am spending today getting last minute errands and being lazy while I can!

Today I had pre-admission labs. the nurse there told me that to minimize pain from the CO2 they blow us up with, to lay as flat as possible to avoid the gas rising, for the first day or so. She said that way it will not be as likely to cause pain. Anyone heard that?

I am up tomorrow. I am spending today getting last minute errands and being lazy while I can!

The only pain I have had was from the CO2 gas and my surgery was 2 1/2 hours. I personally was a little more uncomfortable laying flat. I would think that the more you sat up, the better, but what do I know, I am certainly not a nurse! Just remember to ask for pain meds if you need them. Everyone reacts differently but you will be fine. Good luck and you will be in my prayers for a successful surgery. Janet

Good luck tomorrow, LoserMama! I'll be exactly one week behind you!

This is complete opposite of what i was told. They wanted me up and walking ASAP and to keep at it that it would make me feel better faster. I know that I definately burped while walking and would get at least temporary relief.

Good luck losermama! I'm also 1 week behind you :)

Thank you all for well wishes, I am excited and nervous. Going to try to get some sleep tonight so I can wake up at 5, take a shower and be to the hospital by 6:30. My brother is taking me there, and then my husband is following, because he has to drop off our two littlest ones at daycare, which doesn't open until 7. So I am hoping they don't whisk me back immediately, my surgery is scheduled for 8:30, so hopefully I'll get to see him before I go in.

my bag is packed, my brand new travel cpap is downstairs by the door and I loaded up on Water all day to hopefully make it easier for them to start my IV tomorrow (I'm an awful stick)

I am a big geek, so I'll have devices to get online, if I feel up to it, I'll try to post tomorrow night or the day following. They said I'll be in either one or two days, and while I know the hospital isn't greatly restful, my home with 4 kids bouncing off the walls right before christmas isn't too restful either, so I think I'd still prefer the interruptions of the hospital to people needing a lot from me all the time :) Hubby is great about deflecting the best he can, but 2 year olds won't get it, and the 4.5 year old will barely get it. the older two, 13 and 11, should be helpful.

Hopefully I'll be joining that loser's bench soon!