Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

Hi, too tired to say much, I posted a post on my blog though in my siggie. Long story short, sleeved on wed, found paraesophageal hernia also and repaired it, too. Walked a lot in the hosp, was discharged today, at home, had a first walk and am now resting with horrid gas pain... Yay...(weak grin)

I'm right there with you, happy1957. I'm on my 11th day of the pre op..I stop on the 26th with clears till midnight and have surgery on the 27th. I do get 1 meal with meat and veggies now but it's hard to smell all the wonderful things that Christmas brings..especially sweets and hot bread. I'm pushing forward though,,no stopping me now. If you can only have liquids, I'm not sure what you could do different than Soup. Check the recipe sharing forum, you might find something there that will change things up a bit. Good luck,,see you on the losers bench!

Hey Guys!!! I was sleeved on Monday, the 19th... Feeling pretty good.. I've posted the "long story" in the post-op forum... Love and hugs!!!!!

You can try adding different seasonings to your soups- I found that Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning worked wonders. Also, adding a bot of seasoned salt helps too! I couldn't even have creamy Soups when I was on liquids, though. I had to sit through an early Christmas dinner, and all I had was broth, Jello, a small glass of skim milk, and a glass of crystal light. It was hard, but you can do it! Crystal light fruit punch was also a big help to me- it helped me feel a little normal since I haven't really had fruit punch since I was a kid.

Hello everyone, I am new to the December sleevers. :-) It took me 11 months to get approved, using my last and final appeal. I was approved as of the 16th and my fabulous Dr,Fariba Dayhim has graciously given me a quick date because of my insurance circumstances. I am scheduled for December 28th. It was exciting to be approved, yet somewhat overwhelming to prepare in such a short period of time and during the holidays. I have been around "Christmas Goodies" for the last 5 days of my liquid diet and I still have to get through Christmas day. I had been doing Atkiins shakes for lunch and Breakfast most of the time and it never bothered me, but there is something different about it when you haven't had a hearty dinner. I am determined enough to know that I am making the right decision for me and suffering through the next five days will change my life for the better and forever.

I see many of you are already sleeved, but are there suggestions to getting me through Christmas day and maybe making my meal a little more exciting? I am already sick of creamed soups. In fact they are great for cooking, but not as a meal. Any suggestion would be helpful. Merry Christmas everyone..

Merry Christmas December Sleevers! 4 more days and I will be sleeved, very excited about that fact, but I will admit Im also nervous. Best of luck to us all!

Donnie

Merry Christmas to all and good luck to the December sleevers yet to be sleeved and healing vibes to all already sleeved. I had a NICE full night of sleep last night, waking up only to take my pain meds to keep ahead of the pain, and that was FABULOUS. I woke up feelign tons better. I know by night time I will not be feeling so great if my past experience with c-sections holds true, but I'll take how i feel right now. This is great.

in general, I have tolerated liquids great, not had any nausea, had lots of bloating and gas pain and referred pain through yesterday from the CO2, but all in all doable. I walked 6200 steps yesterday with my small walks around the block with hubby or son. Which, ironically is more steps than I was getting in on average pre-op. LOL. Small walks add up if you do them regularly (lightbulb moment, duh)

I really don't WANT anything to eat. but it is hard to see the commercials on TV for yummy things and to smell the foods other people are eating in the house. Hubby has felt bad and I told him, he needs to eat and he shouldn't feel guilty about that!

My hubby has been GREAT. He always is.

The only really bad thing was that my two year old was sitting on the lower part of the recliner I was on last night, and although I had a pillow protecting my tummy, at one point he suddenly turned and wanted to lift himself up and of course shoved his little hand UNDER the pillow, and shoved all his weight right on the most tender site to hoist himself....OMG. I cried. I couldn't help it. That hurt.

Here is my whole surgery story:

http://losermama.wordpress.com/2011/12/22/first-full-postop-day/

One thing, I don't know if its the meds, the wear off of anesthesia or what, but my sleep is heavy and my dreams are vivid and crazy. the last dream of the night I dreamed that I "accidentally" ate beef stroganoff and noodles during the post op clear liquid stage and was sitting there horrified wondering what was going to happen to me. It seemed SOOOO real, I woke up sure I had accidentally done that. :D :D

Goodluck enixon2010.

Mine will be on 12/27 now 3 days away.... what a great Christmas present and a great way to kickstart the New Year!

Glad you are doing well, LoserMama..(with the exception of tiny hand on the tummy). I am a crazy dreamer anyway so I anticipate some crazy things in my dreams.lol

donniej, my sleeve brother..are you behaving? I'm working at it,,it ain't easy. It's hard to get through Christmas isn't it? Are you doing a pre op diet? I'm on day 12,,yes, I'm counting down.lol

Losermama, your post sounded similiar to me. I am not really missing food too much, but the smells... omg... I thought I might faint over some of the yummy dinners other people have been eating around here. Christmas day is going to be hard - i am still on protein/liquids so can't even puree things up and eat them....lol

However, it is worth it - my surgery was 12/12 and this morning i stepped on the scale - 20# gone since the morning of surgery, 28# if you count the 2 week preop. My goal has been to lose 30# in the first month, so I am very optimistic I will make this goal (take into account almost everyone hits a stall at 3 weeks out from surgery according to my nutritionalist).

I too had alot of vivid dreams, I think from the pain meds. Mine tended to be more along the lines that I had never had the surgery or other strange things. I have luckily not had food dreams (no visions of sugar plums dancing in my head).

Hey Lil sis, Im trying my best to be good, Im right on the line with my doctors requirement for the pre-op diet (bmi of 40 or higher) I have been doing the low-carb thing and have lost 5-6 pounds, hopefully a few more before surgey. Im thinking if it helps the surgery Im gonna do what I can!!! Good luck and best wishes !!!

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas. Just three more days and several of us will be joining the ranks of the sleeved Dec. sleevers. :-) The liquid diet is getting easier every day. I have stayed away from things i love and kept busy in the house "cleaning" and doing projects. I plan to make hubby a Prime Rib for Christmas dinner and since I HATE beef, it will be easy to eat my Soup. :-) I think I may splurge today and use chicken broth as a base for my Tomato Soup. :-) Liquid diets sure do have a way of making you feel thinner. Although the scale doesn't show any significant weight loss in a week 3-4 lbs (slow loser), I feel like I lost 20 lbs. Hope you all have a fabulous day with friends and family..

Hitting the Clear Liquids tomorrow and then surgery on Tuesday..I'm so excited and a little nervous. I can't believe the time is almost here!

I flew To San Diego today, going for pre-op testing tomorrow and surgery on Tuesday.....cant wait!

Peacequeen and donnie, I'm so excited for you guys!!!! My big advice, stay positive and optimistic!!! Everything will be fine!! It's not EASY, but it's sooooooooo worth it!!!!!