Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

Hey everyone! I scheduled my surgery today, and am an official December Diva! My surgery is scheduled for December 20th!!! I am sooo excited, and a little bit scared. All of this has moved really fast for me. I first started thinking about this mid-November, had my initial consult Nov. 21st, sleep study a week ago, and then today got the approval call and scheduled the surgery!

A little bit about me- I am 28, married for seven years, with two dogs and two cats. I like to crochet, cross-stitch, read, go for walks, and play with my nieces(who are 3 and 6). I teach Sunday school to 4-6 year olds at my church, and am really hoping that this surgery will help me become fertile again. We have been wanting a family for about three years now, and are in the process of getting licensed to adopt out of the foster care system. I have always wanted a big family!

My heaviest ever was 321, at the first consult I was286, and am now at 277! Ready to get my life back on track and get this show on the road!

Congrats to all who were sleeved this past couple of days!!!! WOW!!! It's such an exciting time... I pray that none of us have complications and that our recoveries are smooth and swift!!!

Congrats to all who were sleeved this past couple of days!!!! WOW!!! It's such an exciting time... I pray that none of us have complications and that our recoveries are smooth and swift!!!

Not so exciting for me... Day of my surgery and guess what.. No surgery.. :'( Found a heart issue :'( So as for now, no surgery. I am so glad that that this heart thing was found now, as opposed to later. My dad passed at a very early age due to heart problems. So I am thankful for the early finding. But I am very depressed for no surgery and with the new issue added to my life. :'(

I'm so sorry, Cooper! Did they say there was any way to get the surgery at some point in the future? You are in my prayers!

Cooper so sorry to hear that. But better safe than sorry. I'm sure the doctors have made the right decision for now. Praying for you.

Tomorrow I will be sleeved! The first hour I will be having a hiatial hernia repaired though, so my surgery is 1 1/2 hours! I will be on the loser's bench soon!patriot.gif

I had surgery today!! Surgeon said it went well.

I have to tell you the first 4-5 hours post op were pretty unpleasant. I was so glad that I have been reading forums so I knew that that it would get better and just did alot positive imagery to help me endure. I walked when I didn't feel like it but but it paid off. I had fierce gas pain coupled with nasuea - but I am getting excellent care and they threw the book at the nasuea and I never puked. I will be going home in the morning!

Cowgirljane,

Glad to hear everything went well and wishing you speedy healing!

SleeveDreamer, we are sleeve sisters! I leave for the hospital in less than three hours. I can't sleep. I'll sleep plenty when I get to the hospital. I've been working like a mad woman lately, 11/13 days. I'm a RN, plus I've had multiple abdominal surgeries, so I have some idea of what is coming. I was very melancholy yesterday. I felt like I was leaving a large part of myself behind, saying goodbye. I know it is an unhealthy part of myself, but it kept me going for decades. I'm going to have to face my internal demons on my own now. It scares me. Still, I'm going forward. I know it is just preop jitters. I will come out of this with a tool to be the person I've longed to be. I'm going to the hospital to free the healthy, thin woman that lives hidden inside me. It will be good to see her again. :)

I start my preop diet today. It is 5 Protein Shakes a day. Guess I'm done chewing for a while!!! Surgery next Thursday with only Clear Liquids the day before. It's really amazing to see how many people are SO supportive and others make it VERY clear that they think I'm crazy to do this when CLEARLY I should just go on a diet.........cuz that's the normal way. GRRRR!! I gave them info to read but don't think it's happened. Oh well gotta look at it as their problem not mine. I am getting nervous about the surgery itself.......long few months. Hope everyone does well.

SleeveDreamer, we are sleeve sisters! I leave for the hospital in less than three hours. I can't sleep. I'll sleep plenty when I get to the hospital. I've been working like a mad woman lately, 11/13 days. I'm a RN, plus I've had multiple abdominal surgeries, so I have some idea of what is coming. I was very melancholy yesterday. I felt like I was leaving a large part of myself behind, saying goodbye. I know it is an unhealthy part of myself, but it kept me going for decades. I'm going to have to face my internal demons on my own now. It scares me. Still, I'm going forward. I know it is just preop jitters. I will come out of this with a tool to be the person I've longed to be. I'm going to the hospital to free the healthy, thin woman that lives hidden inside me. It will be good to see her again. smile.png

hunydew, Congrats! I am leaving for the hospital in about 1/2 hour. I see you are in ohio. I was born nin Alliance! I hope you come to peace with yourself and know this is right for you andeverything is fine. i guess i willl see you on the loser's bench in a couple of days. i come home from the hospital friday. Good luck sister!

Janet

Cooper, it's going to work out for the best... I believe it!!! Just rest in knowing that once this issue is handled, you'll be on you way!! BTW, you'll always be a December Diva Sleever!!! Doesn't matter when your surgery happens!!! biggrin.png

Congrats to those being sleeved today!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

I start my preop diet today. It is 5 Protein Shakes a day. Guess I'm done chewing for a while!!! Surgery next Thursday with only clear liquids the day before. It's really amazing to see how many people are SO supportive and others make it VERY clear that they think I'm crazy to do this when CLEARLY I should just go on a diet.........cuz that's the normal way. GRRRR!! I gave them info to read but don't think it's happened. Oh well gotta look at it as their problem not mine. I am getting nervous about the surgery itself.......long few months. Hope everyone does well.

Me too, I just had my first Protein Shake for Breakfast. I get sleeved next Wednesday, so surreal to me. And I have the same kind of experience with polar reactions -- mom thinks I'm crazy and ending my life next week. Friends and hubby very supportive, and in fact has decided he wants to eat like I do as much as possible to be supportive, he's such a great guy. I didn't ask for that, that's just the way he is.

Congrats to all who have been sleeve and happy healing.

Babigirl, haven't heard from you sicne being sleeved are you ok?

Hunydew2262,

I like what you said about seeing the girl you used to be. I hadn't even thought about that. I miss the girl I used to be also. Thanks for reminding me of her! I loved her!

I had my required pre-op class at the hospital today. There were about 12 of us in the class to be sleeved next week. The class was two hours and covered what the process would be like from pre-op to recovery to what would happen while in hospital and what to expect. Then the nutritionist came back in and went over the post-op diet guidelines again. i had the "pleasure" of learning that my surgeon is the strictest in pre-op and post-op diet restrictions. Yay for me :) not! Then the physical therapist came in and talked about exercise, and then the RN returned to talk about behavior change, relationships, emotional issues. It was actually pretty good. There was one person really upset that she was going to have to wear those compression boots. Seriously, she wouldn't let it go -- out of all the things that are going to happen, thats the deal breaker? LOL. When leaving I had a call from the pre-admissions staff, but they were closed by the time I got done. This is all getting so real! Tomorrow I have my pre-op appt with my surgeon. Eeks!

Survived day 1 of pre-op liquid diet.< /p>