Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well i survived--im not sure how--the first day afterwards i was wonderin what i had done to myself. i had alot of trouble with the medicine for pain. today is the first day i havent vommited or had an extreme case of naseau. i dont hurt that bad- im sore from throwing up but incision wise, i am fine. im finding it hard to adjust to food now. the thought of anything makes me sick. i can tolerate crystal light and ive had a couple sips of broth but thats it.i have a lot of issues with swallowing alittle air when i take a sip of something. it feels like my whole stomach is filled with air and hurts so bad. im trying to take it slower and make myself burp. ive walked around the yard a few times today to make the gas move some. hopefully this will get easier as the time goes on. so far so good. today is def an improvement from yesterday abd last night. glad to be home ! and glad to be on my way to a brand new life!!!

Hi Amber, I am just over 2 weeks from my surgery and had so much air and gas the first week. I just want to tell you that the difference just 2 weeks out has been amazing. No more air, just started eating mushy food... Hang in there another week and you'll see!! I'm also shocked to see how teeny tiny the incision are now. I was so upset right after the surgery since it looked like someone took a big scoop out of my stomach, and they is now almost all gone.

@Michell: Thanks! I have been lucky so far to have been improving each day. Wierd thing is...my legs hurt like I've been working them out just as hard as it feels like that in my abs. Weird huh?

@amberj: Try Gas-X strips. It really seems to do some good. Also, did u get anything for nausea? I got Phenergan gel & it works great. You are doing perfectly. Just "one day at a time" is what I tell myself!

@sbsheila: I totally agree about the incisions.I wasn't prepared for the massive bruising, esp at the big incision site. My tummy looks horrible. Hubby can't stand to look at it!

So, I had a great day. Did laundry & housework again. Ventured out to get my daughter a haircut. That was all I had energy to go out for. But, I needed to get out of the house. It was nice. Starting to get bored with my liquids. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

-Stacey

Having some insomnia tonight. Last two nights have been rough. I am a side sleeper, but it hurts too bad to sleep on my side right now. I've been sleeping in the recliner since I got home from the hospital so I thought I'd try the bed tonight, but I woke up with nerve pain in my left leg which is actually more annoying than any pain in the stomach. I've been off of my pain meds for three days, and overall, that is going well. I too have been venturing out for small trips to the bank, grocery store, etc. My mother in law made spaghetti the other day, and I had about 1/2 cup of sauce just to have something different. Had to strain out some chunks but overall tasty. Today had strained cream of mushroom Soup. Could only finish about 1/4 - 1/2 c. I'm on Day 10 post op. I actually got on my ellipitical yesterday for a few minutes. The day before I used some light hand weights to do some arm toning. Just trying to get into a habit before I have to go back to work.

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for the well wishes. I am doing good now and thrilled that "its's over". The night of surgery I had 90 minutes of hellish nausea, spasms and acid pain. An injection of Dilaudid knocked me out and I have been doing great since then. I stayed two nights at hospital and am glad I had to. It does hurt sometimes when the liquids go down but it goes away super fast. Instead of drinking 3 sips per ounce I do 6. Hopefully it will go away with the swelling. I walk often around the house. I basically sip and walk, so gas pain is under control. I got lucky with incisions. I only have one in my belly button that I can't see and a minuscule by the "cleavage".

It's been great reading your experiences. Sorry for the rambling. I am so darn happy! I hope it gets better each day!

@amberj, sorry to hear it has been rough. Try walking at a minimum every hour and calling your doc about a patch or meds. Hope you get better soon.

@ everyone -Remember to put banana BABES in orange on your signature. :-)

It's good to hear from you longer-life! And it will get a little better every day. I'll scoot down and welcome you to the losers bench! ;)

On another note, I don't seem to be able to change the colors in my signature, but it could be because I'm browsing with my iPad. I will log into a PC later and see if I can update it from there.

Congrats Longer-Life :) woo hoo!! You have been very positive for many on this site and hopefully you too feel the support. My surgery was November 1. Then I developed an abscess at my drain site causing me to go to ER for surgery 3 days ago (Weds) was released Thursday with cell growing material packed in my tummy to stimulate healing from inside out so I have a large open wound right now, but getting better. Seems like just a stumbling block along the way. Lots of love and support makes all the difference.

Take care and go babes!

Sandy

I went home last night and slept in the recliner. I had a really hard time day 1 post op with pain. The loritab they gave me is helping some. I try to walk as much as possible but it is hard to get any liquids down. It hurts as it goes down and I feel full so quick! Of course I'm still hungry and try to alternate between my Protein Shake and Water. I can't wait until my mushy stage!

I went home last night and slept in the recliner. I had a really hard time day 1 post op with pain. The loritab they gave me is helping some. I try to walk as much as possible but it is hard to get any liquids down. It hurts as it goes down and I feel full so quick! Of course I'm still hungry and try to alternate between my Protein Shake and Water. I can't wait until my mushy stage!

Hang in there sleeve sister! I am hurting less this afternoon than this morning, so there is relief on the way. I am hungry too and I have sipped all day! Oh well, we will deal with this right? In a few months we won't remember this. I have 3 wks of full liquids (yuck) & pureed fruit. You?

Glad everything went well with you Banana Babes,It's exited to see that the recovery will be fast.

I am getting so nervous, my date is in 2 days.. 11/22 wish me well.

Hello everyone! I was sleeved on Nov 14th & just now found this board! Sooooo glad I did... Anyway surgery went great, I spent 2 nights in the hospital, and the only complication was a huge hiatal (sp?) hernia they found! Maybe that explains my stomach pain & nausea that they kept trying to say was my gall bladder... I'm just glad it is fixed!

I've been recovering well, just having an issue getting all the Water & protien supplements in on a daily basis... My dr said to focus on liquids first for now so that is what I am doing!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, it looks like I had some company on the 14th!

G

@jenni-867 & gfawcetti -Welcome! I will add you to the list.

@Sandyd-How are you doing sweetie? I like your attitude very much. I do feel the support! I hope you do to.

@Geno-I am sending a ton of good vibes your way.

@Luvata-How are you today??

I am doing pretty good. Yesterday I was able to meet my Protein quota for the day and fell a little short of my Fluid quota. Today I hope to either meet them both or up the fluids. It was an all day job. I basically sipped and walked in the house ALL DAY LONG. Some sips still hurt a little but it goes away quickly. My left shoulder hurts whenever I don't walk enough. I will take a short walk outside so my mood doesn't deteriorate .

Long Life, I am so glad you are doing better,your attitude keeps me positive thank you.

Can you tell me if you got a drain and things do think I will need in the hospital..

Thank you and feel better.

Loner-life thanks so much for asking about me. Wow, what a gem. I am hanging in there it was tough to accept the night in the ER that I was back and needing to go under again so soon. That was my low but hey they are working on me and I am taking lots of antibiotics feeling better today for sure.

HOW ARE YOU? Do you have good support at home? I hope so because that definitely helps. If you are allowed and can find it try Gatorade 2. It is low in sugar and gives you electrolytes. I find when I drink a bottle I do feel better I am just cautious on the calories. To me grape is best and refreshing but all are good.

Take care of yourself and remember to rest also :)

Smiles,

Sandy