Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello November Sleevers!

Please come and introduce yourselves! Scorch picked our name a few weeks ago in another thread. We are the banana BABES, because like she said, " our stomachs will end up looking like a banana". :lol:

I will start.

November 16th is my big day! I would have LOVED to have accepted the 7th, but I have tickets to see STING in concert. Don't you love my priorities? :P (Actually the tickets were expensive, non refundable & my husband would kill me).

So the 16th it is and I couldn't be happier. Before Thanksgiving is probably not ideal, but being sleeved and somewhat recovered by January 1st ,2012 is way more important to me. I can't wait!

Banana Babes :Banane01:

Well, I am set for Nov 1. I can't believe that its finally here, just 5 days away. Starting to get a little nervous but excited at the same time. I have been planning this since May 3 so I guess it really hasn't been too long considering the wait time was over a year when they began doing these surgeries. Is anyone else nervous about what the future holds for our sleeves?? I just hope I lose the weight and feel as good as I expect to. I just want to be happy and like the way I look again. I've been fat for way too long. Good luck to all the banana babes!!!

Hey Banana Babes,

I will officially be sleeved on November 28, 2011. I have been on the roller coaster since January 10 of this year........ congratulations to all of us Banana Babes. I can't wait

I will be sleeved on November 7th..I too cannot wait. Lots of positive changes ahead that I am so looking forward to. Happy to be a Banana Babe..It's nice to have you Babes there for support.

Hello Banana Babers!

I got assigned my surgery date and its going to be Nov 14! I'm so excited, i can't wait!! Thanksgiving is going to suck but i'll be well into my new journey so i don't mind too muchbiggrin.gif

My date is November 29! I am super excited about it and excited for all you "babes" going before me! Good luck to Sandy123 on her surgery today. :bananapowerslide:

I head to Tijuana today and my surgery is November 3rd! Looking forward to being a Banana Babe! Good luck to all the other babes! :cheer2:

My surgery is November 28th!!!!! Good luck to all November banana babes!!!!

My date is November 16th. I am currently on my pre-op diet and of course want EVERYTHING not on my "ok to eat" list ;) It's getting better however day 1 was rough - I was not a nice girl that day ;)

WooHoo.... Getting sleeved on November 14th & I can not wait! It looks like I have had a pretty simple journey so far. I have been researching the different WLS options for months now, maybe even years-- tried diet & excercise, succeeded, then gained every ounce + some right back! So I decided on October 27, 2011 to pursue my WLS surgery & knew the sleeve was IT! I made my decision to go with the surgery after a trip to our local zoo with my husband and 2 sons. (husband is fit (&super cute lol) sons are 3 years old and 17 months old) My oldest was running up "Monkey Hill" and begged for Mommy to follow, I was too embarrassed to give my son something SO simple :-( My heart was broken!

So Monday morning (halloween) I called Dr. Borland (whom I have done extensive research on) & scheduled my "consult" for the soonest available appt. That will be next Wednesday, Nov. 9th! They faxed the papers over to my PCP to get my lab work, xrays, & EKG tests done (did ALL that today) My PCP then faxed all my results to Dr. Borlands office!

I called and asked if it was at all possible to schedule my surgery now that he has seen my labs and stuff, & they did! So IM SCHEDULED! :-)

PS- I will be a self-pay patient (my insurance doesnt cover :-( )

ANYWHO--- Glad to join the BANANA BABES & can NOT wait to be on the LOSERS BENCH :-)