Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi babes!

Checking in. Today was day 3 and a much better day. I'm still good and sore, and also tired, but I have been up and walking and managed all my fluids and Proteins today, which I feel is a huge accomplishment for me. I hope the rest of you are all doing well too!

my came 2 weeks early I guess due to surgery, I always been on schedule before surgery.

@CeeCeeFree, I thought the same thing about outpatient - yikes! I hate being in the hospital, but I don't think I'm tough enough to go home the same day with something like this.

I too have still been having a hard time getting my Protein in each day. It does get easier to get Water down. I go Wednesday to the Dr. to hopefully get the green light for soft/pureed foods. I also go back to work tomorrow :(( In some ways I guess it will be good since I have a desk job and will be keeping busy but at the same time I am worried that I will be too tired by the afternoon. I am also a little anxious as my stomach is still swollen and my pants aren't exactly fitting the best despite some weight loss :/

It's been 5 days since i was sleeved and I do feel still a bit sore especially where the drain is, but I been drinking fluids can't say 64 oz but i am trying,and 1 8oz shake since i am not humgry..plus Jello, broth and chamomile tea. I have lost 22 pounds including the pre diet weight loss.

Ceecee, Geno, Luvata, Healthy, Vegas, congratulations to all of you! It will take time and as long as we all stay positive and continue to support via this forum it gets easier, right Longer-Life :)

I am thankful for this opportunity to share with folks of different stages in this journey. It truly is just that to me because it is new. We all have to retrain our thoughts about food, timing, quantity and quality. Think about all those late night fast food stops because it was convenient. Really? What does it do for us, today we become stronger individuals and have control over cravings and when/what we eat.

Please let's all make a goal to get that Water in...it helps for everyone if you are 5 days out or now like me 27 days (including my second complication surgery). We must get the hydration and Protein in to promote healing. We CAN do it. Look what we have all accomplished to this point.

Hey Longer, thanks for keeping up the list of banana babes. Hello to sandy123 hope you are doing well.

Take care all!

Outpatient is terrible, I had laparoscopic surgery las year for a ovarian cycst as Big as a grafruit and they dismissed me the same day, the drive home was hell and the pain i don't want to remember, on the other hand my gastric sleeve was bad too but being in the hospital depresesed me.

Wow , Today is a week after I had my surgery! feel good.

So glad to see everyone is doing well! I am ready to go!

I am in Mexicali,Mexico about 1 block from the US border. You can see the fence from the hospital! Everyone has been really great and the hospital is super nice!

I am heading over to the hospital in about 5 hours and I am so ready! I can't wait to join the Banana Babes on the losers bench, save some room! I will update as soon as I can.

Good luck and prayers for Bellabbr today too!!!!

So glad to see everyone is doing well! I am ready to go!

I am in Mexicali,Mexico about 1 block from the US border. You can see the fence from the hospital! Everyone has been really great and the hospital is super nice!

I am heading over to the hospital in about 5 hours and I am so ready! I can't wait to join the Banana Babes on the losers bench, save some room! I will update as soon as I can.

Good luck and prayers for Bellabbr today too!!!!

Best of luck! See you soon on the other side.

Hello fello November sleevers. I had my surgery Nov 21 and surprisingly I feel GREAT. I had no pain, soreness or anything just dealing with how food and liquids feel in my sleeve. I have a question I'm in phase 2 this week which is full liquids. I'm having a terrible time getting all of my Water in, not b/c I don't like water but because I'm just not thirsty and I now find myself only eating once a day and snack on popsicles. Any suggestions? I don't meet with the nutritionist for another 2 weeks

Ceecee, Geno, Luvata, Healthy, Vegas, congratulations to all of you! It will take time and as long as we all stay positive and continue to support via this forum it gets easier, right Longer-Life smile.png

Yes! :rofl:

Hi Lifechanger! Welcome! I have been on full liquids since the hospital and I sip all day long! The mantra on this website is sip, sip, sip and walk, walk , walk. Glad to hear you feel great. I am doing wonderful too and I want to keep it that way. I am afraid if you don't increase your Protein and liquid intake, you might start to feel exhausted. That is our nutrition right now. (I am not a doctor though, that is just what i read on this site, so take it with a grain of salt)

I am required a minimum of 71 grams of protein and 80 ounces of fluids everyday. I have been able to meet the protein requirement but "only" get up to 62 ounces of Fluid. I think this is good for 2 weeks post-op though. To get there, like I said, I sip all day long. Perhaps giving yourself variety might help. I am also required to log what I eat and the ounces & grams so I can show the nutritionist.

I was given a "menu" or sample day to follow. I start my day with 4 ounces of a warm beverage (milk with Torani Syrup, no caffeinated tea, Unjury chicken soup), followed by a Protein Shake made with milk and flavored with vanilla extract, Torani syrup or whatever I can think of. That was Breakfast. Then I let my chewable vitamins sit in my tongue. This takes a while. After this I continue sipping on fluids such as Powerade Zero,Smart Water with a splash of Crystal light etc. Then for lunch I have another shake, more Vitamins and I continue sipping. For dinner I have a homemade seasoned broth, a sugar free popsicle......and you guessed it.......more fluids until bedtime. :tongue2:

We are not encouraged to drink creamy Soups, but I know many do. Perhaps others can chime in to give you more ideas.

Hope this helps.

P.S. shakes, popsicles, tea, broth etc count as fluids.

Edited by longer-life