Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in Boston, so I went to a hospital in Medford. My surgeon is an expert in his field. I saw him for staple removal yesterday and today I am down 9 lbs since the surgery and went back to the gym to walk the treadmill this morning. Feeling great. I'm down 21.5 in 3 weeks. I can't believe it. I am so happy and psyched to weigh myself again tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else!!! Hope it goes as smoothly as I know it can.

I just had my surgery yesterday in Cleveland. So far so good. I get my test tomorrow to check for leaks and if all is well I get to start taking sips. Been walking up and down the halls. Just skyped with my family. Been on this journey relatively shortly since June 2011. I also could have gotten sleeved earlier but also had some commitments that needed fulfilled so Nov. 8 was my day. I'm off through Thanksgiving and am very thankful that my insurance covered this procedure. :regular_smile:

I love to see so many sleeve buddies :) Mine is NOvember the 23rd,I can't wait !!! I hate this liquid diet so far LOL

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in I have my surgery scheduled for November 30th. Yah! I am so excited. For me this has all been a blur. I started this whole journey on Sept 26th. So all of my testing and everything only took 2 months. Wowie.

Thru the testing i have found out that I have central sleep apnea and also bipolar disorder. I can't believe I had both things and had no idea. So I am lucky to have had all the testing done. Now I just have to attend my pre-surgery class and one more support group meeting and I am done.

If there are any sleevie buddies who wanna add me as a friend that would be great. We can never have too much support. BTW I am keeping my sleeve private until after the surgery is done. My family is very negative about it and i will not let them persuade me one way or the other until it's already done lol. Then they can't do anything about it.

Yeah longer-life I was the one on a never ending liquid diet. But I am glad they finally gave me a date. And in all honesty I am glad I was on the liquid diet for so long because i feel more prepared now for how things will be after the surgery. I fell off the wagon many times, and I cheated many times, but now I am doing great and feel so ready for surgery.

Thanks for worrying about me. After you said you would switch surgeons I went to my surgeons office and said i want a date! They still couldn't give me an exact date but he gave me a general idea which was good. I am the type of person that will call and annoy the nurses all day because I have a million questions lol. at first they hated me but now they love me lol.

Consultation yesterday went GREAT! I am so excited to begin this new journey but wish it would just get here! I have been dreaming (literally EVERY NIGHT) that I am in the recovery phase, then have to wake up & go through it ALL OVER again lol!

4 MORE DAYS!

dying2Bhealthy- I am in the same boat with the dreams! I am 6 days out and my stomach is still growling like thunder but it seems to be going ok. I was thinking the same thing today about having to start the liquid diet all over again once surgery is over. Hopefully the hunger won't be there like it is now though!

So, for the past 2 weeks I have been writing down my 'wish list'! Basically a list of the things I can't do now (comfortably) that I am dying to do :-) Just want to share with my fellow banana Babes! WARNING- this is UNEDITED lol

• Be confident (of course)
  • go to a resturaunt & not have an anxiety attack
  • sit down without pulling at my shirt every 10 seconds
  • (im a photographer) go through a session without regretting getting down to get a shot
  • walk into a room & not have to promise my husband that everyone is talking about me
  • fit comfortably in my jazuzzi tub ;-)
  • wear clothes appropriate for a 25 year old (not something out my grandma's closet)
  • run after my 2 babies without feeling like I will die
  • climb stairs easily
  • go to the gym and be confident enough to actually work out
  • wear lacy undies again (for my husband of course ;-)
  • spice up the love life & practice for baby #3 ;-)
  • go to the zoo with my boys & not feel like I resemble the elephants

• & last, but I think MOST IMPORTANT...... I want to be IN FRONT of the camera for a change. After our recent trip to the zoo (the trip that made me decide to have this surgery) my husband took my camera and snapped a few candid shots of me and my babies. After I got into the car to admire all of the pictures I had taken of my babies, I became mortified to find the pictures of myself. I quickly hit the delete button to assure that NO ONE would ever see me in that god awful sundress :-( Later that night I decided to edit a few shots of my babies & put the in their online albums for family to see. Well, much to my surprise I looked through all the pictures & realized that I have NEVER posted a picture of my & my babies. There were HUNDREDS of them with their Daddy, but NONE with Mommy :-( THIS breaks my heart & this is what made me decide to have my surgerY!!!!

4 DAYS!

Hi long life, my name is Susan, but i used Geno a my sleeve name for good luck,is the name of my deceased mom (Genovive).

For everyone else, I been on pre op diet for 4 days, and the first 2 days were terrible, but now I am good.

I freeze my Optifast shakes and they don't taste as bad, im suposed to drink 5 shakes and only drink 3 I feel full.

Lost 10 pounds already.

Hi long life, my name is Susan, but i used Geno a my sleeve name for good luck,is the name of my deceased mom (Genovive).

Sorry for my English. It was Raquel's moving forward & dying2Bhealthy's names I found funny. :blush2: In your case I laughed when you said plain & simple that you hated the pre-op diet. :smile1: Love that you picked your moms name for luck.

Hello everyone! Better late than never. Please see below our November Sleeve Roster!! If I forgot anyone, or you need your name added or changed, please just reply to this post, no need to quote. I'll update as we go!! Isn't this exciting????

Also, consider writing banana BABES in orange on your signature! (see my signature). I would love to add a dancing banana but couldn't. I will "friend" you all. We must stick together!!!!

NOVEMBER BANANA BABES ROSTER

1- Sandy123, nateeks

2-

3-jenni_867

4-sbsheila

5-

6-

7-snoozyoulose, Michell

8-Brandy Gilbert, StrasVegasGirl

9-

10-NewJourney4me

11-