Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited isn't the word! I have actually started packing my bags today in hopes to remember everything. I have a very busy, work filled weekend, so I dont want to be rushed :-/ I crammed about 2 weeks worth of photoshoots into a 3 day 'weekend'! YIKES!

Anywho- any advice or tips on what to pack??!

I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow to make sure I get all my Clear liquids & broth for Sunday & of couse the week after!

I'm not done with my grocery shopping. As of right now I have Powerade Zero, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein , 6 samples of 4EverFit fruity Protein powder, chewable Vitamins provided by doc, & Crystal Light. Oh & 1 small sugar free Torani Syrup, caffeine free tea.

I will be given scripts for stomach acid, Nausea, pain etc. I need to buy a bottle of Isopure premixed Protein "juice" , fruits to purée & Lactaid skim milk

What else do I need? ( no yogurt or cottage cheese for me-lactose intolerant) Just thought about no sugar added applesauce, Jello & sf Popsicles.

I'm super excited. Only 4 more days. Dr. says I will probably only be in the hospital overnight so I don't think I'm going to bring anything other than my phone (and charger) with me. Can't wait to be on the losers bench

9690107.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I am going home today...still have to meet with the dietician and the surgeon before I leave the hospital. Have had a great experience. Looking forward to accomplishing success at home. I did not have to complete a liquid diet prior to surgery so I did not lose anything before coming to the hospital. In fact, I was having what some on here discuss as "food funerals". I was pretty much allowing myself to eat the things I would no longer be eating after the surgery. I don't think I will weigh myself until next Tues. which will be one week after the surgery. I am off of work until the Tues. after Thanksgiving which will give me the needed time to recover. My babies are so excited to have me home tonight. I did this for all of us so I can't wait until next summer when we can do some fun activities as a family. :smilingface (52): Let's go banana Babes and show this world what we can accomplish!

Please add my name StrasVegasGirl to the November Banana Babes Roster. I just figured out how to friend people today. So I went through and started doing that. So excited to see everyone's success!

@scottiff what does your grocery list look like? I won't pack much for the hospital either. Glad you are excited!

@StrasVegasGirl- :Banane34: Congrats!! Here is for a smooth recovery! I am even looking forward to next January! I think we will be starting 2012 in a grand way. Can't wait. (I am also having tons of food funerals. No pre-op for me either. Where did you have surgery? Vegas?)

Your name is on the list. Do I have it for the wrong date?

Edited by longer-life

I had my surgery in Cleveland, OH. I don't know how you all sleep, but I found having ear plugs for the hospital was great and helped me to have a better rest because the surgical floor was always bustling with noise. I also packed a pair of slip on slippers and they were so much better than the hospital socks they give you. I was a few hours away from home so I took my laptop so that I could skype with my family so they didn't have to travel to visit me during the work/school week. And my cell phone. They were great with me having all of this in my room. I had a room to myself which also made the experience much nicer. Get up and walk as soon as they will let you. It really helps with the pain. I was allowed to take a shower the last day so I did use one pair of the PJs that I had packed. Take some of your own underwear for after you get the catheter out. I was in the hospital for three nights though so it made sense for me to pack more of this stuff.

hey everyone!! gettin my sleeve on the 16th!! so pumped!!! its so close!!

on another note--i talked to a guy at work today about what i was having done because he asked why i wasnt eating anything the past few days (liquids--meh) and he is now wanting to look into it. he had no idea that our insurance covered it and ive watched him struggle with his weight and the problems associated with it for many years he asked for my surgeons name and how to go to a seminar--gave him the dr' card and directions for signing up for the seminar-excited for him to by making a decision that something needs to be done. and it would be nice to have someone at work knowing what it is really like. hope it works for me---but as for me--I CANT WAIT FOR THE 16th!!!

I have already bought unflavored isolate whey Protein to add to Clear Liquids. I need to go to GNC and get Oh yeah Protein Shakes they have 32g of protein and they have like 4 flavors. Dr said at least 90-100g of protein and that the protein helps to keep you from having sagging skin, so I'm going to do my best to make sure I get lots of protein. They also said either one night in the hospital or go home say day as surgery it depends on your insurance. I know I would much rather be at home recovering then in the hospital with people poking and proding all night long.

Well I'm officially sleeved and recovering at home in Vancouver. Had the best experience in Mexico. Dr. Garcia and his team were the best. Couldn't have asked for better. Looking forward to week 2 and adding Protein Shakes. Not hungry at all on the clear liquid diet. I am down 15 pounds from the start of the pre-op diet which I did for 7 days so very happy so far. Very excited for those who are scheduled to be sleeved. It isn't a walk in the park but what surgery is? So glad I made this life changing discision. Good luck to you all and very happy to be on the loser's bench.

hi long life add me to the list, my Date is 11/22... the name is ok just explaining.. good luck everyone..

I on the liquid diet and lost 12 pound in 6 days :banane58:

I need to be added to the roster!! I'll be sleeved on the 15th!! Woohoo!!

Oh I'm Joyce by the way!! :) Started my journey in October and it seems like things moved very smoothly!! I'm self paying though, so I didn't need to worry about all the insurance red tape.

As the day gets closer and closer, I find that I am panicking... I've gotten all my Protein and tried all the different flavors of Crystal Light that I could find, got my gas x strips, heating pad, measuring cups and strainers and mixing cups, cases of Water and gatorade... And yet I'm still panicky...

I think I'm just afraid that I've come this far and its been so easy, that something is bound to go wrong either during surgery, or right before and I won't be able to have it done...

Just gotta keep praying for strength :)

Congratulations to all of you who have already gotten sleeved this month, and good luck to those of us counting down the seconds!!

Welcome Joyce! I am getting sleeved the day before you, & I am so happy to hear someone else feels the same way I do! I am also a self pay, so the journey thus far has been pretty good! Now I feel almost certain that something is going to happen and BAM, no surgery! UGH!

Good Luck! I have about 30 hours to go :-)