Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

I just turned 60 so I guess I'm not really allowed in here? Just wanted to say I had JUST turned 58 when I was sleeved (a couple of days before). Now I am two years out, was at goal until last month and now I need to lose 3 or 4 lbs.....doesn't sound hard but here it is the holidays and I'm having a hard time. I also got back from a trip, and herniated a disc so I have a lot of sciatica pain. I am unable to exercise much. Have heard about the 5:2 plan....someone pointed me somewhere (was you it Di?) but am trying to find it again to get more detailed info....anyone here that can help? BTW, I have LOVED my sleeve...changed my life like so many others. For the most part, I just feel like a normal thin person. I live in Amsterdam so I naturally walk or bike everywhere, and the portions are small, so that helps a lot. Anyway, I guess I need to move on to the 60's but if someone can point me to more info on the 5:2, I would be grateful. I haven't been on the forum regularly for a while. But I am back now! Everyone is so encouraging!

I think you should stay too. You can more about 5:2 on the vets forum. There's a thread for it there. They also gave a private group under the general support groups. I know Laura Ven and feedyoureye and Georgia are all in it, so if all else fails, you could message them.

Lynda

OK! I'll pretend I'm still in my 50's.....at least with my sleeve, I feel like I'm there! So much support and kindness here. It's lovely.

I was just thinking how i was before I got sleeved about seeing scales at the Doctors office or Hospital weighing me. I was so shameful to get on one (about as much i hated to have my picture taken.) Even now that I haven't hit my goal weight yet, I'm not shy about stepping on the scale anymore, it's become my friend instead of a embarrassment to me... I got my Christmas present back in June with no regrets at all.. Merry Christmas everyone; I hope you feel as well as i do....peace

Chelenka. Amen.

Edited by UK Cathy

Hey 50's!.how were your holidays? i'm up about 8 lbs. . Plan on ordering Unjury and getting back on track. Those sweet treats sure do go down easy. Ugh. Wish i was below 200 by now, but hope with dedication and not being complacent i will make it eventually. Happy and healthy 2014 to all!!

Sw 300 10/25/12

Cw 225

5'10"

51/F

Surg size 24

Now 14/16

I am up a couple but back on track. I plan to make 2014 my last New Year's that losing weight is my resolution. Only 45 pounds from goal.

Hi! I'm scheduled for a March 6 surgery!! Can't wait! And I'm 50 and so happy to find this bunch! Looking forward to a fantastic 2014....and a skinnier me

I hope everyone a "Happy New Year". I had a great time seeing my daughter in Chicago over Christmas. I tried to eat right, but I did take a bite here and there and never kept track or measured my food it was a guess. So this morning my heart sank when i seen the scale.. The Demon.. So I cringed my eyes and stood on the scale.. I heard the scale speak..... 277.6lbs.... Bam!. I broke the 280lbs barrier and 133.4 lbs total weight loss.. I'm just so delighted. I still have 40lbs to go for my goal weight but I can start to see it tangible to get there. My new best friend is my scale, i don't look at it as a DEMON no more!!!

Congrats Mitz and Happy New Year.

I don't know if could handle a scale that talked to me. I have a love hate relationship with the scale, or maybe passive aggressive. It can be my friend and my worst enemy in the same week.

Maybe weighing once a week would help with the up down trends.

<p>Congrats Mitz and Happy New Year. </p> <p> </p> <p>I don't know if could handle a scale that talked to me. I have a love hate relationship with the scale, or maybe passive aggressive. It can be my friend and my worst enemy in the same week. </p> <p> </p> <p>Maybe weighing once a week would help with the up down trends.</p>

Yeah thats what i keep hearing weighing once a week , but I get on the scale every 3 days to keep myself in check, it just lets me have peace of mind and to get out and walk or ride the bike more.....

Hi 50's!!

I am having revision surgery from LapBand. To Sleeve & I am so sad that I need this second surgery :( I was doing so good with the band until I started having horrible reflux & pain. I was worried then @ 50, now I am having thoughts of being too old to take this risk again 4 years later.

Really scared here :(

Dee

Dee, welcome to the 50's!

I was 3 months shy of 50 when I had the sleeve in August.......there were some tough days those first few weeks.......but I would do it again in a heart beat.......good luck!

Hi 50's!!

I am having revision surgery from LapBand. To Sleeve & I am so sad that I need this second surgery :( I was doing so good with the band until I started having horrible reflux & pain. I was worried then @ 50, now I am having thoughts of being too old to take this risk again 4 years later.

Really scared here :(

Dee

Hi Dee!

I was almost 55 when I had surgery. It will be three years ago this May.

Sorry you will need two surgeries. There are many band to sleeve revision people here so you will get lots of good support. There is a forum specifically for band to sleeve revisions too.

Lynda

Dee, welcome to the 50's! I was 3 months shy of 50 when I had the sleeve in August.......there were some tough days those first few weeks.......but I would do it again in a heart beat.......good luck! Hi 50's!! I am having revision surgery from LapBand. To Sleeve & I am so sad that I need this second surgery :( I was doing so good with the band until I started having horrible reflux & pain. I was worried then @ 50, now I am having thoughts of being too old to take this risk again 4 years later. Really scared here :( Dee

I was sleeved at age 51, 4 months after spending an entire month in the hospital after neurosurgery and have lost 115lbs since I was sleeved on 2/19/13. I am now 52 and two months shy of my 53rd. I had another neurosurgery in October/13 and have been progressing well. It is never easy to undergo surgery much less being over 50. You'll be fine and your doing the right thing for your health. Good luck to you.