Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

I had surgery in Mexico Self pay with Dr.Sergio Quinones on 06-August-2012. I am on gastricsleeve.com and have photos of my surgery day and photos of the stomach they removed. I am phoenixrise on there as well if you wanted to read my blog' date=' see my photos, etc. and 51 days out I have went from 273 to 245 lbs. I haven't had any issues with gas that was gone day 4, and I was able to get back to work after 7 days (at a desk job). I will be honest I haven't been exercising as I should. I do have a Myfitnesspal.com which I track my food and exercise on if you get one you can add me Treneik.[/quote']

Thanks. I did not know about gastricsleeve.com. I registered and I'm iPrincess.

Have anyone had surgery lately? If so' date=' how did it go? How are you doing? How much weight have you lost?[/quote']

I had surgery on Aug. 10th. I'm feeling great and returning to work tomorrow. The only major pain was the gas pain in my shoulder. I had my post op appt on friday and I was cleared for soft foods which my NUT says thats anything u can cut with a fork. I was encouraged to eat my Proteins instead of drinking them. So far at not even 3 wks out I have lost 24 pounds.

I had surgery on Aug. 10th. I'm feeling great and returning to work tomorrow. The only major pain was the gas pain in my shoulder. I had my post op appt on friday and I was cleared for soft foods which my NUT says thats anything u can cut with a fork. I was encouraged to eat my Proteins instead of drinking them. So far at not even 3 wks out I have lost 24 pounds.

Sounds like you have a smooth recovery. That's great with your weight loss. 24 pounds in 3 weeks!! Wonderful!! Thanks for responding.

Just had mine on Aug 15...doing great! Glad you started this..thanks

That's good to here. I can't wait until surgery day too.

Hi ladies! I haven't checked in a while...I jam down 75 lbs & feeling awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

That's great!!

Hey AA Sleevers' date='

I am 34 yo post-op sleever. I had my sleeve done on 3/22/12. Its been 10 days since being sleeved and I was down 16# on my 1 week checkup. I do miss chewing. My fam and friends are very supportive. Although they eat whatever they want in front of me. This has been a big transition for me esp. Because I quit smoking at the same time. I can't say I have any regrets. I am not concerned with hairloss because I suffer from alopecia. My only concern has been bowel movements. Before wls I would "go" at least 2x daily. I had to take milk of magnesia for my 1st movement 4 days after surgery. I haven't had a movement since. I don't want laxatives to become a part of my daily intake. Anyone who has any advise, I welcome it. I will discuss it later today with my treatment team.

I'm in nj if anyone wants to hit me up. Thanks for this thread.[/quote']

Hi babygirlcherry. Congrats in your journey. I'm new to the vsg community. I an currently going through my approval phase with a tentative surgery date of Nov.9th (can we say scared! ( Would love to connect with you. I'm in Bergen County Nj.

Anyone in this post located in northern New Jersey? Would loveeeeee to connect!!!!!

Hi Njs_star627! I'm here in Bergen county Nj. Would love to connect with you. I'm at the last stage of submitting requirements to the insurance company for approval. My surgery date is Nov. 9 with Dr. Ewing.

Would love to connect with other AA sleevers in Norrthern Nj or NYC.

Hello all, new to site :) surgery day 12/3 in Brooklyn NY

Hello all' date=' new to site :) surgery day 12/3 in Brooklyn NY[/quote']

Hi...my date is also 12/3... Im in NJ... Im anxious, excited, and nervous all at the same time.

Hi...my date is also 12/3... Im in NJ... Im anxious' date=' excited, and nervous all at the same time.[/quote']

I am scared nervous excited and scared again! Who is your doctor in Nj?

Hello ladies I'm from Jersey city nj so if there Is anyone want to connect let me know. I had my surgery on the 21 st of August

I am scared nervous excited and scared again! Who is your doctor in Nj?

Dr Abkin..Im having mine @JFK in Edison, U?

Hello ladies I'm from Jersey city nj so if there Is anyone want to connect let me know. I had my surgery on the 21 st of August

Hows ur recovery?