Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all- I'm 42 and have 3 boys, 11, 9, and 9. Never recovered from the whole "pregnancy pounds" fiasco. Up in the three hundies and not liking life right now (in regards to looks and size). My surgery is scheduled for 2/13/12. I can't wait to get rid of this bag of wet laundry I'm carrying around front side. Please tell me that 42 is not too late for some of the skin to snap back. I've heard age is a factor. Once the decision was made, I immediately gained 10 pounds! What's that?!? LOL Anyway...I'd love to hear some good news about the skin deal....

Merry Christmas all! Jesus is the reason for the season.....and everything else!!

Welcome Dooter :)! I have good news for you! I am 44 years old and I am nearly 16 month out (WOW Times flies) and nearly 7 months at goal and my skin does look better. And this is without an exercise regiment. If I would exercise I know it would help for sure :). Not only does the skin look better but I noticed some of my clothes (6's) are loose, and I have been maintaining so I know it's gotta be the skin rebounding back yayyy!

Hello All -

I got the 4.0 upgrade back in July. I'm heading in to get sleeved on January 9, 2012 and I'd sure love to be under 200lbs by my 4.1 upgrade! That'll mean about 65lbs in 6 months (cringe)...

I have a 3yr old son and would love to be able to keep up with him a little better. I've always had a heck of a time loosing weight. I could loose 5-10, get stuck and then put it all back on and more. I'm ready for this to take a little longer than I see others but I've got my treadmill and have been walking 30 minutes or a little more at least 3 to 5 days a week for the past 6 weeks. I changed my parking at work so I have to walk further to the office. It's not far but I figure it can't hurt and might help a little and it saves me $35 per month.

I'm a little worried about the no eating with food part and about how much Protein I'll have to take in. I think I'll be trying some creative tofu cooking and thank goodness I love high-protein yogurt. I'm such an iced tea drinker (especially with food!!), fortunately I'm totally fine with Decaf and I like it unsweetened. My final worry is dealing with said 3yr old son for the month or so after surgery when I'll not be able to lift him. I'm a single mom and he still likes "uppy".

Well, that's me in a nut shell. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome Dooter smile.png! I have good news for you! I am 44 years old and I am nearly 16 month out (WOW Times flies) and nearly 7 months at goal and my skin does look better. And this is without an exercise regiment. If I would exercise I know it would help for sure smile.png. Not only does the skin look better but I noticed some of my clothes (6's) are loose, and I have been maintaining so I know it's gotta be the skin rebounding back yayyy!

That's great news!!! Thanks!

And welcome to Hadouni!

Hello All -

I got the 4.0 upgrade back in July. I'm heading in to get sleeved on January 9, 2012 and I'd sure love to be under 200lbs by my 4.1 upgrade! That'll mean about 65lbs in 6 months (cringe)...

I have a 3yr old son and would love to be able to keep up with him a little better. I've always had a heck of a time loosing weight. I could loose 5-10, get stuck and then put it all back on and more. I'm ready for this to take a little longer than I see others but I've got my treadmill and have been walking 30 minutes or a little more at least 3 to 5 days a week for the past 6 weeks. I changed my parking at work so I have to walk further to the office. It's not far but I figure it can't hurt and might help a little and it saves me $35 per month.

I'm a little worried about the no eating with food part and about how much Protein I'll have to take in. I think I'll be trying some creative tofu cooking and thank goodness I love high-protein yogurt. I'm such an iced tea drinker (especially with food!!), fortunately I'm totally fine with Decaf and I like it unsweetened. My final worry is dealing with said 3yr old son for the month or so after surgery when I'll not be able to lift him. I'm a single mom and he still likes "uppy".

Well, that's me in a nut shell. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome hadouni! Congrats on your sleeve date!

And that is great you are walking and great idea changing your parking at work! I really need to get out and do some type of exercise.

Hi all!

I turned 40 in November and was sleeved on 12/27/11. I'm down 18 lbs since my surgery and a total of 23 lbs since pre-op diet.

I know that I made the correct decision and that my 40's are going to be the best time in my life! I'm looking forward to a longer, healthier life.

Hey all! I'm trying to stay involved at VST and checking out other 40-somethings. I'm 41, Married with two wonderful boys, 11 and 9. I was sleeved on 12/21/2011. I had my first post-op follow up a couple of weeks ago and everything is going great. So far I am one of the lucky ones. I have had little or no issues with surgery, post-op recovery, liquids, mushies and even solids. I feel blessed.

I am down 31.8 lbs as of last week and my weigh in is tomorrow. I hoping to see continued success while at the same time trying to temper my expectations. I know I won't lose 5lbs every week....

Take care every one and God bless you!

Hey all! I'm trying to stay involved at VST and checking out other 40-somethings. I'm 41, Married with two wonderful boys, 11 and 9. I was sleeved on 12/21/2011. I had my first post-op follow up a couple of weeks ago and everything is going great. So far I am one of the lucky ones. I have had little or no issues with surgery, post-op recovery, liquids, mushies and even solids. I feel blessed.

I am down 31.8 lbs as of last week and my weigh in is tomorrow. I hoping to see continued success while at the same time trying to temper my expectations. I know I won't lose 5lbs every week....

Take care every one and God bless you!

Good job!! I know those boys will keep you moving! I have an 11 and TWO 9's ;) They're part of the reason I want to do this. I want to play!

Hi David & Nance! Things are kind-of quiet here.

Wouldn't it be nice to loose 5lbs a week until goal!? My sleeve is pretty recent so the lbs are still coming off faster than I'd have thought (knock on wood!). I'm bracing myself for a stall because this week I add some mushy foods and have two weeks of mushy that started Monday. I never tried thinned oatmean or cream of wheat but I've had boiled eggs, greek yogurt, a custard bake I made with tofu and pumpkin and I made some chili with chickpeas, lentils and split peas. I've pureed half of it and froze the other half for later.

So far I've had a fabulous experience- easy post-op, minimal pain for the first couple days and I haven't had any trouble with anything I've eaten- no barfing at all.

5lbs WOULD be nice! :) I hit that dreaded stall on week 2 and it stayed for almost 2 full weeks! Can you believe that? just this week I've noticed the scale move a little. I'm down a total of 29 lbs.

Mushy foods were good for me too. I still had that nasty "gas" in my chest, but it's gotten a lot better. I did have dumping syndrome a couple of times, but that's because I tried ground beef...I guess that was a no-no with my sleeve. I'm able to tolerate lots of things but I just have to make sure I chew chew chew. I had a mashed up avocado the other day and I think I ate too fast because it felt like it got stuck in my chest. Needless to say, I have to remember to slow down. The old Nancy pops in from time to time, thinking she can eat and drink fast. :)

Here's to continued success to us all!! 40's have never looked better!!

5lbs WOULD be nice! :smile1: I hit that dreaded stall on week 2 and it stayed for almost 2 full weeks! Can you believe that? just this week I've noticed the scale move a little. I'm down a total of 29 lbs.

Mushy foods were good for me too. I still had that nasty "gas" in my chest, but it's gotten a lot better. I did have dumping syndrome a couple of times, but that's because I tried ground beef...I guess that was a no-no with my sleeve. I'm able to tolerate lots of things but I just have to make sure I chew chew chew. I had a mashed up avocado the other day and I think I ate too fast because it felt like it got stuck in my chest. Needless to say, I have to remember to slow down. The old Nancy pops in from time to time, thinking she can eat and drink fast. :smile1:

Here's to continued success to us all!! 40's have never looked better!!

MY 40s ARE GOING TO BE BETTER THAN MY 30s!!!! :biggrin:

welcome to the fab 40's nance and david :)...the BEST is yet to come! Yayyyy!

Checking in on my weigh day. I have stopped looking at the scale every day just like they suggest but some thing I have never done in the past. I lost 4.2 lbs this week and ofcourse I am very happy. I am dreading the day when I wait all the way to my weigh day and don't see any movement. For now I will take the loss and be very happy.

Take care!

Oh yes the dreaded scale! I'm just learning to weigh once a week (Saturdays) and on my monthly sleeve date.

Yay, I am so happy to see this thread picking up some speed. Us forty-somethings need to support each other. I have to agree, thus far, the forties have been awesome for me! Everyone is doing fabulous!