Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok ... funny story to tell ... (Sleeve4me made me remember this!)

Like I said, my son is 20. We did a road trip for college & I got us a hotel room. I had asked for 2 beds, but there was a mix up & there was only 1. So, being 20, I knew he wouldn't want to share with his mom. Called the front desk - they were booked on 2 beds, but offered me a discount on the room & a hide-a-bed.

You should have seen the guy who brought in the bed. I think he thought my son was hooking up with an older woman & for the life of him couldn't figure out why we wanted 2 beds.

I finally put him out of his misery and explained that I was his mom & not a 20-30 year old "cougar" (as my son calls it). It was HILARIOUS!!!! :P

OMG HILARIOUS!!!!!

Hello all~ I will be 42 in May. I am currently waiting for my final approval through Kaiser Mid-Atlantic. My wonderful husband and I just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary and we have a 15-year old son. I am looking forward to moving through my remaining forties as a slimmer me...yayy me! Congratulations to all who have traveled down this road before me and are having great success. Keep up the good work!

First off - MINI ME...I want to tell that story too. Hilarious. My son would have slept in the car rather than even slept in the same room with me.

Mid 40's and I am just past my 5 month sleeve anniversary. Making the decision to have weight loss surgery was good. Choosing the sleeve - a miracle. I see others who are on this site who had revision from LapBand to sleeve. Thinking to myself, what ta disappointment and I commend all of those former LapBand patients for contining the fight and getting the sleeve. I am so fortunate and blessed to have been sleeved, even as a self payer in US. I was lucky, my surgeon recommended it although I had never heard of it.. Girlfriend has lapband for just under a year and a has lost 40 lbs total, needs to loose another 30. With the sleeve in five months I have lost over 70 pounds...forever. Did I mention I am blessed? Thank you for the forum, wish I had found this site and support prior to deciding on the sleeve. My choice was the best for me and I have no regrets. For those of you researching, a lot of wonderful people who share a wealth of experience here.

I will be 48 tomorrow. I just celebrated my 27th wedding anniversary this past Friday. I have a 25 and 22 yr old daughters. My youngest is getting married in October and I hope to be at goal for the wedding. I have 40-50 pounds to go and have already lost a total of 54. I am loving my sleeve. This was the best thing I have ever done. My husband is currently in his 6 month diet program and we hope to have him sleeved sometime in April. He calls me a cheap date right now as we share meals. :D

I'm 42, married, no kids. I have always looked very young for my age (and been treated accordingly at work, but I digress), but OMG!!! A few days ago I was in the grocery store with a (VSG) friend who is 35 (?) and has two kids. The checkout clerk was a friend of hers and she asked my friend if I WAS HER MOTHER. :o

Just. shoot. me.

I was like, maybe I need more makeup. Yeah, maybe the 40s just suddenly all caught up to me at once. I mean, good God! Getting sleeved on Thursday, so let's all effing hope that it takes 10 years off me!! :D:D

I'm 42, married, no kids. I have always looked very young for my age (and been treated accordingly at work, but I digress), but OMG!!! A few days ago I was in the grocery store with a (VSG) friend who is 35 (?) and has two kids. The checkout clerk was a friend of hers and she asked my friend if I WAS HER MOTHER. :o

Just. shoot. me.

I was like, maybe I need more makeup. Yeah, maybe the 40s just suddenly all caught up to me at once. I mean, good God! Getting sleeved on Thursday, so let's all effing hope that it takes 10 years off me!! :D:D

Congrats on your upcoming sleeve! You are going to love it!!!

I will be 48 tomorrow. I just celebrated my 27th wedding anniversary this past Friday. I have a 25 and 22 yr old daughters. My youngest is getting married in October and I hope to be at goal for the wedding. I have 40-50 pounds to go and have already lost a total of 54. I am loving my sleeve. This was the best thing I have ever done. My husband is currently in his 6 month diet program and we hope to have him sleeved sometime in April. He calls me a cheap date right now as we share meals. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

First off - MINI ME...I want to tell that story too. Hilarious. My son would have slept in the car rather than even slept in the same room with me.

Mid 40's and I am just past my 5 month sleeve anniversary. Making the decision to have weight loss surgery was good. Choosing the sleeve - a miracle. I see others who are on this site who had revision from LapBand to sleeve. Thinking to myself, what ta disappointment and I commend all of those former LapBand patients for contining the fight and getting the sleeve. I am so fortunate and blessed to have been sleeved, even as a self payer in US. I was lucky, my surgeon recommended it although I had never heard of it.. Girlfriend has lapband for just under a year and a has lost 40 lbs total, needs to loose another 30. With the sleeve in five months I have lost over 70 pounds...forever. Did I mention I am blessed? Thank you for the forum, wish I had found this site and support prior to deciding on the sleeve. My choice was the best for me and I have no regrets. For those of you researching, a lot of wonderful people who share a wealth of experience here.

OMGOSH only 4.1 lbs to gooooooooooooooooo? YAYYYYYYY!

Hello all~ I will be 42 in May. I am currently waiting for my final approval through Kaiser Mid-Atlantic. My wonderful husband and I just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary and we have a 15-year old son. I am looking forward to moving through my remaining forties as a slimmer me...yayy me! Congratulations to all who have traveled down this road before me and are having great success. Keep up the good work!

You will definitely be a slimmer you soon :)

I guess I'll be the first, I'm 42:thumbup: whoo hoo! And I can't wait for the day I FINALLY have a "Normal" BMI and finish my 40's better than ever:001_smile:

48 today! Looking at surgery this summer sometime. Need to lose about 15 pounds. Still really scared about surgery but really want a healthier life with two kids 17 and 9. Fingers crossed that I dont chicken out

48 today! Looking at surgery this summer sometime. Need to lose about 15 pounds. Still really scared about surgery but really want a healthier life with two kids 17 and 9. Fingers crossed that I dont chicken out

OK fingers crossed, toes too :)...It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I was really scared and nervous too. And here I am almost 9 months out and soooo close to my NORMAL BMI goal yayyyy! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Hi Everyone!! I'm 41 and just beginning my the last leg of my weight loss journey. I say that because I've been "trying" to lose weight all my life, whether actively trying or actively denying the problem. But now I am part-way through the process to being sleeved, and I'm very excited. I am single with 2 daughters. Emily is 20 and is also going through the program, so we have a great built-in support system. Abbey-Jeanne is 5 1/2 and has the *opposite* problem- she is teeny tiny for her age but growing well....we have to force feed her. *sigh* Anyway....I have so many goals of all sizes this post would be novel sized. Let's just say I can't wait to be more active in all areas cool.gifof my life and look hot at the same time. Oh...and being super healthy too. Yep yep!! biggrin.gifMy final dr appt is 8/24, so hoping for surgery in early September. Look forward to getting to know you all!!!

xoxooxox

Melissa

Hi everyone! I am 44, or as I like to joke 29 with 15 years experience hahaha. I am married with a 13 year old son who is the best kid in the world, not that I am biased or anything. ;) My hubby has been so wonderful and supportive through out this process and I couldnt be luckier.

I was sleeved on 4/27 and am at the dreaded 3 week stall but not sweating it because I have read so much about it and expected it wasnt going to pass me by. :)

Love the sleeve, love the weight loss, love not having to take so many pills. I have to say that I love this forum also, everyone is so supportive and helpful. Makes this whole thing a little bit easier. One thing for sure is that I have substituted my addiction to food with an addiction to this forum. LOL

I am in Charlotte, NC via NYC, anyone close by?

Happy Birthday to all that have had and Happy Journey to everyone here!