Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 43 years old, divorced forever, and have a brilliant 15 year old son. My sleeve is scheduled for 12/28 and cannot wait! Hoping to have a much healthier lifestyle by my birthday in July.

Hey 40 something sistas,

I have just decided to be sleeved so I trying to get things started. I turned 40 this year. I have been battling my weight for almost 20 years. I feel like Ive been stuck and I want to be free. I feel the sleeve will help me live again. I have 6 beautiful children. 3 boys 19, 16,14 then 3 girls 9,8,6. I ve been married for 20 years to a wonderful, hard working man. I have been very blessed in my life but has been overshadowed at times because of my weight. No more, Im ready to bask in the sun and blessings the Lord has given me.

I guess I'll be the first, I'm 42:thumbup: whoo hoo! And I can't wait for the day I FINALLY have a "Normal" BMI and finish my 40's better than ever:001_smile:

I am 41 year old divorced mother of four daughters and one grandaughter. I decided to finally check on some type on weight loss surgery in June of 2010. I am so glad that I decided to go on this journey. Right now I work shift work at a chemical plant. I have to walk up seven flights on stairs at times.. My knees hurt from all of this weight. When I started I weighed between 175 and 170. I am 5'7. I need to be down to 160 for my surgery. I am at 161 right now. My surgery is this THURSDAY!!!!!!!Yea. I am excited. I am going to enjoy the coming year because I am going to finally start living and doing things for me. I want to be able to play with my granddaughter with out being grouchy and tired!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREE MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

I am 44, married, one child in College and one in Kindergarten!!! I have a wonderful husband that loves and supports me. My husband and I have become overweight together; he will be getting sleeved in a few months also, so we will be losing the extra weight together. We are very excited and looking forward to the rest of our lives. What a blessing!!!

We are better than We Deserve!!!

I am 42 & the mother of the most beautiful 2 year old little girl. I am having my sleeve January 18th. I am doing this for myself but also so I am around a long time for my daughter. I have a wonderful boyfriend who is very supportive of me having the surgery but is also very scared for me as well. I am ready for this journey to begin and to be a healthier me.

I am 42 & the mother of the most beautiful 2 year old little girl. I am having my sleeve January 18th. I am doing this for myself but also so I am around a long time for my daughter. I have a wonderful boyfriend who is very supportive of me having the surgery but is also very scared for me as well. I am ready for this journey to begin and to be a healthier me.

Congratulations, Cassb and everyone else on this forum! I can totally relate to you, I'm 41 years old, single mom to a beautiful 15 month old little girl and she's the reason that I finally went forward with weight loss surgery after YEARS of debating on whether or not to do it. I couldn't spend the rest of our time together being over 300#, tired all the time and achy and not being able to be as active as she needs me to be. I can't wait until Springtime so we can get outside together.

TexasTeacher praying all goes well with you today...hugs!

Whoo hoo-let's hear it for the Fab 40's yayyy!

HI all,I am 44 and I havn't had my sleeve done yet ,If it was up to me It would have happened when I started reading about it but it doesnt happen that way ,I am glad that we have to go through what we do to get where we are because the doctors what to see if you are for sure this is what you want,If I could have started my journey at 30 trust me I would have but at 40ist it is wonderful to **** this make it easyer with such wonderful people such as yourself...thanks guys because what I need to know I am learning it from you....I really dont need to bother my surgeon till its time and if I had to do it all over again I would want to do it the same way...I have 2 kids Girls.,It seame like much more because I keep a house full of kids all the time.....they keep me going,,and my husband doesn't mind ...I got married for the first time 4 yrs ago at the age 40 to a great life long partner,he had a hard time understanding why I wanted this surgery but when he gots on board he is along for the ride it took a little while but I just had to explain why I needed this for me....he has been my soul support along with both of my girls and 1 special girl friend....."thats my support group".....thanks for reading my story...thats it all in a nut shell.....

Welcome camille01 :)

I guess I'll be the first, I'm 42:thumbup: whoo hoo! And I can't wait for the day I FINALLY have a "Normal" BMI and finish my 40's better than ever:001_smile:

What?? No way!! You look early thirties at least - seriously. Wow I hope to look as good as you at 42! I'm 37 now. I sure don't feel close to my forties!!!

What?? No way!! You look early thirties at least - seriously. Wow I hope to look as good as you at 42! I'm 37 now. I sure don't feel close to my forties!!!

Awww thanks girlie! I'm actually 43 now...the people at the support group and options last week thought I was in my 20's (I'm sure very LATE 20's) LOL...I'm so thankful...THANK YOU JESUS!!! AND Thanks to my sleeve I feel BETTER THAN EVER :) yayyyyyyyyyyy!

I think losing the weight really helps with age. I'm also in my 40's.

The other day, I was telling someone that I had a son who just turned 20. They were sure it was a step-son and not a "natural" son. When I asked why, they told me that they thought I was in my late 20's or early 30's. Made me smile all day! OK, I'm smiling right now just thinking about it!

:P:P:P:P:P:P

Yup I totally agree. Weight distorts...my daughter (13) is totally getting sick of all the whoop la when people discover my age :(...they say things like omg your mom looks like your sister blah blah blah...the dentist assistant asked my son (18) how he felt about having such a young looking mom, he didn't know what to say, poor guy.