Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I will be 41 in a couple weeks. Looking forward to being sleeved--my hope is for July surgery. My last weight management appointment is July 7th.

Hi Everyone!! I'm 41 and just beginning my the last leg of my weight loss journey. I say that because I've been "trying" to lose weight all my life, whether actively trying or actively denying the problem. But now I am part-way through the process to being sleeved, and I'm very excited. I am single with 2 daughters. Emily is 20 and is also going through the program, so we have a great built-in support system. Abbey-Jeanne is 5 1/2 and has the *opposite* problem- she is teeny tiny for her age but growing well....we have to force feed her. *sigh* Anyway....I have so many goals of all sizes this post would be novel sized. Let's just say I can't wait to be more active in all areas cool.gifof my life and look hot at the same time. Oh...and being super healthy too. Yep yep!! biggrin.gifMy final dr appt is 8/24, so hoping for surgery in early September. Look forward to getting to know you all!!!

xoxooxox

Melissa

Welcome and congrats on getting sleeved, you won't regret it! I only have 1 regret, that I didn't get this done 10 years ago.

Hi everyone, I will be 41 in a couple weeks. Looking forward to being sleeved--my hope is for July surgery. My last weight management appointment is July 7th.

Congrats! and welcome :)

Happy bday to me!!! Being sleeved in 6 weeks for my 40th bday present. Best bday EVER!

Happy Birthday! YES I Agree on the best bday gift ever :)

Hi everyone! I am 44, or as I like to joke 29 with 15 years experience hahaha. I am married with a 13 year old son who is the best kid in the world, not that I am biased or anything. ;) My hubby has been so wonderful and supportive through out this process and I couldnt be luckier.

I was sleeved on 4/27 and am at the dreaded 3 week stall but not sweating it because I have read so much about it and expected it wasnt going to pass me by. :)

Love the sleeve, love the weight loss, love not having to take so many pills. I have to say that I love this forum also, everyone is so supportive and helpful. Makes this whole thing a little bit easier. One thing for sure is that I have substituted my addiction to food with an addiction to this forum. LOL

I am in Charlotte, NC via NYC, anyone close by?

Happy Birthday to all that have had and Happy Journey to everyone here!

You sound sooo happy, that's great! Congrats!!!

I am very happy and it shows! Everyone around me tells me so. How can you not be happy when you find a tool that helps with a life long struggle??? LOL And works!

Hello,

I am 43 and will be 44 in 12 days, if it be the Lord’s will. I am divorced; I have been single for about six years, I have four children 24,22,15,14. I am excited about making this life change, I know that my latter will be greater than my formal; I am just looking forward to having this wls, one day. I love the fact that I am on a pre op diet, its helping me prepare my mind for change and allowing my body to get use to eating less and healthier foods. I can’t wait to let the new me shine, and give God all the glory, because I can’t do it without Him.

Blessing to everyone,

Gina

Hello,

I am 43 and will be 44 in 12 days, if it be the Lord’s will. I am divorced; I have been single for about six years, I have four children 24,22,15,14. I am excited about making this life change, I know that my latter will be greater than my formal; I am just looking forward to having this wls, one day. I love the fact that I am on a pre op diet, its helping me prepare my mind for change and allowing my body to get use to eating less and healthier foods. I can’t wait to let the new me shine, and give God all the glory, because I can’t do it without Him.

Blessing to everyone,

Gina

Gina that is MY MESSAGE now! As Joyce Meyer says my mess has become my message...My latter is definitely GREATER than my former! And I AM SO THANKFUL! Praise God!

I am very happy and it shows! Everyone around me tells me so. How can you not be happy when you find a tool that helps with a life long struggle??? LOL And works!

AMEN AMEN!

Hey there and Hello! Just turned 41 in May. Married for twenty one years, this July, to the most wonderful, loving,caring,compassionate Man I could ever hope for.We have Three wonderful Children together and we share a beautiful step-daughter that has Blessed us with three Perfectly Wonderful Grandchildren. We are a part of a huge,loving,strong extended family and live a very Traditional Native American Lifestyle here on the Rez.I was sleeved on Feb.25th 2011 and am well on my way to a much healthier Me.I have lost 70 lbs so far and am starting to feel a nice difference in my own skin.I get here to the site every so often and enjoy reading the progress stories and similar experiences that others here are sharing.I wish all good things for everyone that comes here and my hope is that we all find our way through our Journeys safely and walk our paths to our futures in all good and healthy ways.... Peace and Beautiful Blessings to everyone.

Hi everyone. I'm 46, will be married for 4 yrs to my wonderful hubby on July 7th. I will have my sleeve done on July 11th. I have 3 children, 26,25 and 7. I also have 4 grandchildren.

I'm so excited to finally put the fat me to rest. I want the next half of my life to be healthier and thinner. It's hard to keep up with a 7 yr old at 46 and you add fat to the mix, its really hard. LOL

Happy to meet everyone.

Looks like I am the old lady in this group. I am 49 years old, and faciing my half century mark in January. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 18 years. Between us, we have 3 successful adult children, and 8 grandchildren.

I had my sleeve done 2 weeks ago, and am thrilled to say that I have already lost 20 pounds! I can't say that I wish I had done this years ago, because this surgery wasn't available to me years ago. The VSG makes more sense to me than the other options.

Anyway, I feel like I "cheated" my children out of an active mother. I am not going to do the same to the grand kids! I am looking forward to playing with them as much as possible.

Hi everyone, I'm Lisa in northern California. I just turned 43 in May, have 6 kids (2 step, 3 bio, 1 adopted). I've been married for 19. Have my first grandbaby due next month!

I have a psych appointment this week, then hopefully, I'll be sent on to the case manager so I can get my surgery scheduled. I'm hoping to have it done in early August. I can't wait!

Hello my birth certificate says I am 48, but my mind, doesn't think so. I have two great kids 23 & 25....recently divorced after 27 yrs of marriage. Husband turned 50 and lost his freaking mind.....but I digress.

It is very encouraging to see other 40 somethings being successful.

Sleeve 4 me...I saw you were quoting Joyce....I am a fanatic.....her program literally saved my life when I was going through my divorce....I have her teaching cd's and listen to her over and over.....Her encouragement and my ever growing faith in God is what gives me the strength to go and do this thing.

This isn't the twist I was expecting my life to take but I will continue to look for the treasure in my trials.......I am blessed to be able to finish my journey better than I started.

Many blessings to you all.

I am 44.. .with2.boys a jges 8 and 16...cannot rule out another one...had my sleeve. Jun 27th. I am down 20lbs. I feel so much lighter. I hope this continues. Only 77lbs to go..