Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe this is the place to ask..as we all know, after 40 it's hard to tone up. Does anyone have any suggestions on great excercises that is good to tone the tummy?

Maybe this is the place to ask..as we all know, after 40 it's hard to tone up. Does anyone have any suggestions on great excercises that is good to tone the tummy?

Here's a decent looking ab workout that I found online. It's pretty simple but looks effective. Haven't tried it yet. (You just have to get past the fact that the guy is wearing boxers and "adjusts" the junk a little too often...) I was looking for something that targets the lower abdominal area when I came across this:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2415660/the_navy_seals_the_toughest_ab_building_workout/

Dooter..Thanks!! If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.lol Looks excruciating but effective.

Dooter..Thanks!! If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.lol Looks excruciating but effective.

Ya, notice I haven't tried it yet! :lol: hahaha.... I keep thinking that by merely WATCHING the video, this wet bag of laundry I'm carrying around in front of me might somehow shrink! :lol: Lord help us!!!

First time over here at the Fab 40's Board (goodbye Flirty Thirties!)

I just turned 40 this month, and am looking FORWARD to this decade being my healthiest adult decade so far!!! A while back I posted photos in the success stories and someone guessed that I was in my mid-late 20's OMG! What a wonderful compliment!

Anyway, I'm married with 2 girls, ages 9 and 11. I've been married 15 years and my hubby is sleeved also (he's about 5 months behind me) and I'm 15 months post-op currently. So far, starting out my 40's being "overweight" as opposed to "morbildy obese" has been AWESOME!!!

Welcome, M2G!

Welcome, M2G!

Thanks Peacequeen!

Welcome to the fabulous forties! I am finding this to be the absolute best decade of my life!

Thanks Peacequeen!

Welcome sleeve sister and all of the fab 40's who have just joined!!!!

I wish I had started my life in my 40's. This is my best season ever and not just because I am sleeved. My life has the usual challenges but my joy is almost overwhelming. Kiddies are adults so just hubby and I - enjoying life to the fullest.

Pinch me.

First time over here at the Fab 40's Board (goodbye Flirty Thirties!)

I just turned 40 this month, and am looking FORWARD to this decade being my healthiest adult decade so far!!! A while back I posted photos in the success stories and someone guessed that I was in my mid-late 20's OMG! What a wonderful compliment!

Anyway, I'm married with 2 girls, ages 9 and 11. I've been married 15 years and my hubby is sleeved also (he's about 5 months behind me) and I'm 15 months post-op currently. So far, starting out my 40's being "overweight" as opposed to "morbildy obese" has been AWESOME!!!

Good Job!! And welcome to the forties!!! (it's the new 30 ;) )

iegal, isn't it amazing the sense of freedom you get once the kids are grown and moved out? Mine are off to college, and while I love them and miss them terribly, at the same time, I am enjoying living life for me now.

Hey 40's friends..... I haven't checked in for awhile. My boys have been busy with lacrosse starting. However, I am still moving in the right direction. After going off my blood pressure medicine and gaining 4lbs, I immediately went back on the meds, guess what happened? Those 4lbs feel off and now I think I am down several more. Tomorrow is my officialy home weigh in day.

I saw the NUT yesterday and everything is going good. My food choices are good. I'm getting 800cals on avg, getting enough liquids and taking my Vitamins. Now that I am 6+ weeks out she wants me to start getting more fresh fruits and vegatables. I have not been getting enough of those and when I do have veggies, a lot of times they are "empty" veggies like celery and green Beans.

Well good luck everybody. Take care!

iegal, isn't it amazing the sense of freedom you get once the kids are grown and moved out? Mine are off to college, and while I love them and miss them terribly, at the same time, I am enjoying living life for me now.

Welcome to the fabulous forties! I am finding this to be the absolute best decade of my life!

You look amazing!