Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Happy Belated Birthday Chris! You are looking fantastic! Leona I can't wait to see your updated photos too!

Hi everyone!! It's been awhile since I've checked in. I've lost a very tiny bit more of weight, but I remeasured today and have lost 5.5 more inches, making a total of 67.5 inches lost from neck to feet. I kept having people tell me how I was "shrinking", etc. Well, 2.5 inches came off of my hips, and an inch off of both thighs. I'm happy!! I'm also making better choices with eating and trying to swim in my pool more. I'm hoping that I will get under 200 soon, and it's sssllllooowwwllllyyyy leaving me.

One of my kids started school Friday, my son will move into a college dorm (he's 16 and going to college to finish high school and get college credit...he was accepted into this special program for those who excel in math and science.) on Thursday, and my daughter will start her senior year next week. So, we've been school shopping, dorm stuff shopping and busy.

Everyone is doing great and Chris and Leona, you both look AMAZING!! So proud of you both!!

Hey Everyone! I can't begin to tell you how much this summer has flown!

I just finished my six week training session, and lost 12 pounds and 11 inches!!! I have to keep going! woohoo :)

My boyfriend and I are going to do a long-distance relationship when I go back to NYC on Sunday, and Life is good- though I will miss him!

I feel like my life is in order, that most of my life is under control, and I feel happy. I never knew what it felt like to be in a good relationship... and it feels good :P

Another new chapter in my life, and every time I start a new one, I feel so optimistic. Let's hope it stays that way! I hope everyone is doing well!

I have some pics up on myspace - if anyone wants to check them out-

MySpace.com - Leona grrsss... - 23 - Female - Severn and NEW YORK, Maryland - www.myspace.com/leonathelioness

I can't post the pictures at work, and I'm rarely home, so I thought that the website might be the best.

Have a great Tuesday!

Leona :o

Hey Leona,

You rock girl. I'm so tired right now I can't even exercise. Maybe I need to exercise anyways. I had my first all day long college classes yesterday and I didn't sleep an hour the night before because I was so excited and then I did homework almost all night last night and I'm exhausted.

I've not lost a pound this week but it's TOM too.

I have a question for you guys. I wouldn't ask it to anyone else.

As you probably have heard me mention that I suffer bad from chronic pain from my neck surgery and my 2 ruptured discs in my lower back. They have had me on Loritab 10's for a while and it's not that I don't need them, I would probably die from the pain if they didn't have me on them because I still suffer while on them but I am beginning to think they are making me not really lazy, but like no energy, tired feeling. Do you guys have a clue if they could be doing this. My surgeon has tried the nerve blocks, all of the chronic pain stuff and the discs they removed in my neck and put in the leg bone well they think it's too thick and the brackets that hold it in place are aggitating me and making things much worse but surgery is the only way to fix and I said NONONONONONONO.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I really am exicted about becoming an RN. I know it's going to be a long haul but I soooo love helping and taking care of people.

Love you all,

Sherri Jo

Hi all!!!!!!!!

I'm don't post here often. I just wanted to commemorate my 1 year banding anniversary by acknowledging my success (71# to date) & by shouting WOO-HOOOOOOO!

:whoo::clap2:

Hope everyone is doing well & experiencing wonderful successes too!

Hey Chris- Happy Birthday! I didn't know we were so close in age! I just turned 23 on the 16th! and you are looking HOT! great job so far! :rolleyes: I will have to post pics too- How's the commercial thing going for you?

Hah, I did that waaaay back in December.

I know some people that saw it on TV, but I still have yet to see it :I

Thanks everyone

<p>VLP: Congratulations on your success. I'm glad you put up that chart cuz I see where it leveled off some and slowly started declining. That's where I'm at and I need to start having it decline again.</p> <p> </p> <p>So, everyone, today began my NEW START!! Yes, I started documenting what I've been eating. I am going to exercise tonight. This has been a real issue with me, but I have to get my metabolism going again. I feel like my body in some ways has been starved of good stuff and fed too much soft stuff, like ice cream and sweets. I'm confessing here...again. My fill is pretty tight, so i have a difficulty eating the right stuff and sometimes don't even try. Then, I'm hungry so I eat something easy. BAD!! So, I will calculate my calories and Protein, carbs, tonight and see where I'm at. If I have to do this to get things kicked in again for losing, so be it. I don't think I need anymore fill taken out, I just need to obey my band!! My band needs to take charge again and not my sweet tooth and head. </p> <p> </p> <p>I don't know if I posted this and am not going to look back, but I did remeasure again and I have lost 67.5 inches with basically only about 2 more lbs. gone since June/July. So, I lost around 5-7 more inches (estimate..not looking at my chart), but hardly any lbs. Inches are important, but until I get under 200 and a bit closer to my weight, I need to kick it in. If I can see 2 lbs a week, I'll be happy. Heck, if I can see 1 lb a week I'll be happy at this point. Time to WORK.</p> <p> </p> <p>How's everyone else? Seems quite on here so i'm guessing others may be struggling. Let's encourage one another and you who have gotten to goal or close, please be our cheerleaders!! </p> <p> </p> <p>Miss everyone!! Kari, been looking for you on messenger. Oh, where oh where are you??</p> <p></p>

Okay, ya'll...where are you?? I've been hanging out in the chat room and do run into Edie every know and then. I am happy to report that I have exercised 4/5 days so far this week, riding my recumbent bike and also have been eating better and not as many sweets as I was eating. I'm hoping to break this plateau I've been in and start losing again and get to GOAL. Anyone out there with me on this? Discouraged? Let's help each other out.

WE CAN DO THIS JULY 06 BANDSTERS!!

This July 06 bandster is living and loving life. I have so much energy now , I didn't really know how much that extra 100 lbs was keeping me down. I thought I did everything I wanted to do. Little did I know.

edie

Hey,

Just thought I'd drop a little hello!

School started back up, so I'm pretty busy again. Haven't losst much weight over the summer, I think I did a little more munching now and again than I'd like to admit.

Anyway, I'm hoping that being back on my regular schedule will help to start taking the lbs off again, and I'm starting to seriously think about another fill.

How is every one else doing?

Hey Jane: Glad to see you back! If you read my recent posts, I am also back on the "bandwagon" here. Seem to be struggling with getting my metabolism up to speed, and shedding weight again. I will say that I did exercise 5/7 days this past week!! My goal will be 3-5 days a week, so I did the upper end of my goal.

Edie, aren't you proud of me?....LOL!!

Okay, to all you others....where oh, where are my July 06 bandsters...oh where oh where could they be? Check in everyone and let's start a weekly check in to get us back on track (at least those of us who may need to be back on track).

I am here, just maintaining 194. I have recommitted to eating properly and trying hard to stop grazing. I am also back at the gym, so hopefully the scale will start moving.

I WANT a small fill, but will put it off until after Christmas. Some days I am tight enough, others, I am not. But, I also haven't been eating properly, so will work harder.

Cheers.

Well this happy bandster is getting on a plane tomorrow and will have plenty of room. I won't have to hold my arms to my body to keep me in "my space".

I am now at the low side of where my md wants my weight. He said anywhere between 140 and 160 he would be happy with. My hubby is now used to the 140ish lb wife. He fought for the 160 lb . He lost and the band won. It just took him a little time.

Just wanted to share something I used to dread but now it will be so easy , flying.

edie

hey everyone!! Well, I've been consistently exercising and am now into my 4th week exercising. I'm still struggling with the sweet tooth, but it seems to have calmed down yesterday. I may see the doc as when i do eat sweets, i totally crash and have to sleep. wonder if my insulin level/sugar level is messed up.

I will look later for any posts. Miss my 06 friends!! I have made a lot of new ones on the chat though and that's helped me get back going again. Seeing them start out and losing so well, motivates me!! Come join us!!