Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

That is cool Kari.

Did you notice how cute you are standing in your latest pics here? That is because you are feeling cute.

Isn't it nice having a selection of bathing suits? I have 3 for this season. NEVER had that, ever! I deserve them. Who wants to put on damp suit? lol. The real reason I bought them was because I could find 3 suits I liked on me.

edie

Dezadoo: Glad to see you checking in!! You are doing GREAT!!!

Kari: I see your ticker says 179!!! HURRAH!!! You are really going after this aren't you?

I've been exercising 3x a week (well, this is my second week...lol) with swimming and weights and trying to get in riding the bike on the other days or also just swimming. I'm going to get on that bike right now, as a matter-of-fact. Had to wait awhile after dinner before exercising. My trainer says that in 6 months I'll notice a BIG difference, but I better notice some quicker than that or I won't last....lol!! I still have quite a bit to get off, so I gotta work at it. I know I don't need a fill as I have pb'd some lately...I HATE THAT!! So, looks like I'll be on liquids for 24 hours!! That's my doc's protocol for when pbing/sliming happens, wait 12 hours, then try Water, then Protein Shake to ease back into food again and give tummy a rest. I think I'm having a problem with my portions and maybe eating too much which causes this. I also think I'm having some allergy problems again cuz we've had so much rain. Seems to correlate with having increased restriction. I woke up today with my throat hurting and extra drainage. This weather down here is CRAZY!!

Okay, take care all and keep it up!!

Yes Mary I am really going after this finally lol. I see you are too! Good job. We're gonna be skinny b***ches pretty soon lol. I did my exercise this morning and plan to do it again this evening after I put Luciana to bed. I went shopping with my sis today and the clothes in the plus section were too big pretty much all of them, and the clothes in the regular section didn't hide my fat arms well enough lol. Ughh, but it was still nice that the plus stuff didn't fit.

Karik you look awesome. You and Edie really motivate me.

Okay guys, I need your help BAD, PLEASE!

Most know of my marriage problems, this is after being married 25 yrs. 2 weeks ago. We went to Florida for 2 weeks and now that we're back it's like all of our troubles followed us home. I am sooooo at my wits end. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of wishing I could just fall asleep and never wake up. I've never in my life had these feelings. I mean I have 2 wonderful kids, my son is getting married July 07, and is moving out this week. I have a beautiful granddaughter who is 2 and a baby grandson due in 2 months. My husband was always great to me and then the last 5 years have just been hell on wheels.

Then this thing with this girl half his age. I am so ready to give up but don't know where to turn. I would sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It's really bad or I wouldn't ask. I know I rely on you as my friends too much some times but I really need all of you right now. It's getting old crying every single day, it's just not me.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm not losing but not gaining but really don't care right now.

Thank you all in advance,

I love you all,

Sherri

Dear Sherrie,

Just saw where you come to my town sometimes. I would love to meet with you. I will be out of town July 28 07 thru Aug 03 ,07. Let me know how this works out for you. PM me.

Divorce is so HARD.

edie

Hey, here is a picture of me as I entered onderland.

My first picture post.

Only 28 more pounds to go. I can hardly wait.

mine.jpg

Very nice Paulux.

Did you used to be alergic to cameras? I was.

edie

Definately allergic, I don't even think I HAVE a picture of me 82 pounds ago......

Hey guys I need your help. I eat two Protein bars a day plus mainly 100 calories Snacks and fudcycles. I need help. I need to eat food. When I eat food I get sick. What are some easy to fix stuff that you guys eat? I need some suggestions. PLEASE I dont think that it is very healthy for me just to eat Protein Bars and junk. I had to stop my appetite suppressant because it raised my blood sugar levels. It was getting to the point of not working very well anymore anyway. Please guys help me out and tell me some of the things you eat? Thanks, you guys are the best friends no wait the only friends I have. I love you all. Hugs

How are you doing Sherri? Email me.

Kari, that is the sweetest thing anyone ever said to me. Ditto to you, you gorgeous thing you.

Baylor mom. Are you too tight? Is that why you are restorting to Protein bars. I regularly have Protein shakes for Breakfast. I got the idea from tv where I saw a bodybuilder, who had one for Breakfast every morning. Probably more nutrients in that than my previously banded breakfast of toast and jam.

But you do need your real food. I have some favorites.

tuna or salmon salad. Soups, and for dinner, I have always eaten what I cook for my family. Proteins and boiled veggies.

I usually always have a can of salmon salad. It is already mixed with mayo. I just open and eat. I love those summer squash Soups from Knorr, just open and heat.

I haven't eaten much fruit, but I have been eating the soft and ripe variety. Lately, I have gone back to salads.

Just tiny, tiny measures. 1/2 cup.

What in your diet are you worried about?

Fibre?

Protein?

Keep trying different stuff. I can tolerate some things one day and not others so it is sometimes trial and error.

Let us know how you are doing.

I have decided I like 198 and have stayed there for a while now....snort.

HEY EVERYONE!!!!! I can't believe its been over a YEAR since my surgery!!!! Happy Bandiversary!

I am taking this thing SERIOUSLY now... because I am sick of being fat and no long scared to be thin. I have started going to gym at least every other day if not more and have a personal trainer lined up for tomorrow morning. I gained 5 pounds when I came home from school a month ago and have now lost that but I am still no less than I was 2 months ago. Its gotta change, and only I can do it! This stupid band isn't going to change what goes in my mouth- only the quantity and even a small quantity of bad food is BAD. I am sticking to fruits and vegies and 2 Protein shakes a day. Period. and I can do it! It may only be day 2 of the new extreme diet, but I can do it!

I am going to audition for American Idol in August, so I wanna be down 15-20 more pounds before that. Hopefully I will able too. Wish me luck! I wanna be UNDER 200 for the audition, so I can be at goal by SHOWTIME in January (if I make it!)!!!!!!

Yesterday I spent 35 min on the eliptical, 20 on the bike, 15 stretching, and 15 of firming. Along with other things for a total of almost 2 hours at the gym. I really want to go today, but I just can't seem to find the time. I've already planned for Saturday due the trainer and Sunday with a friend. It seems that I HAVE to plan to go the gym... its just not gonna happen otherwise. And you know what? I feel good, if not great, for the first time in a while. I am learning not to let food control me, and if I get on an exercise addiction kick, so be it, I'll be even happier!

CONGRATS EVERYONE - Karik and Paulax- you two LOOK AMAZING!!! I'm jealous! Same to you edie... btw can I ask what you ate when you went crazy exercising... and how much you did?

This is it! I am going to do this now... :confused: and you ALL can do it too!

Baylors mom I was going to suggest tuna with mayo, steak with A-1 sauce, eggs and bacon alway went down well for me.

My maintenance is going very well. I haven't got those 5 lbs I would like back on but it is on my mind just now on my hiney yet.

Leona I was walking about 1 hour and 15 minutes for the last 3 months of loosing . Now I had to cut it to 2 miles a day. Of course I am so much more active and I know I am burning calories that way too.

I sure hope you reach you goal for the try-out. I love that show.

I just bought a t-shirt that has the American Idol logo but over the logo it has "Simon Says You Suck". lol

edie

Haha Edie! Great shirt!

I wish I could go into a cave and just transform without anyone watching me... I get so brave, and then it gets scary again... I'm taking a big step to really watch what I'm doing from now on, and I want to get there, but what happens when I get to my goal, what happens then? Somehow, as happy as I am- and trust me, I'm a very happy person, I don't think I'll ever truly be happy until I love myself more than I do now...

ugh.. gotta love what staying up late, and ready a sappy love story can do to you! I'll be better in the morning, but I had to get it out...

night!