Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey everyone!! I'm up here in the great state of Michigan enjoying the cool nights and beautiful days, although been at the hospital all day with my mom. She had her knee surgery and she does not do pain well. Steph, sure wish she would've come down to Texas to have the procedure you had done. She is in the "sticks" and they don't do it here yet. Anyway, she woke up moaning and groaning from pain. They gave her a pump with demerol (it was supposed to be morphine, so I don't know what happened) and she was pushing that button every 5 minutes, although the pain meds are only released every 10. They also gave her a vicodin tonight. I know knee surgery is very painful after having 2 ACL reconstructions, but her pain tolerance is kind of low. Anyway, she did sit up at bedside and tomorrow will be PT day and CPM day (they didn't start that yet). I'm doing okay with my food intake and hope to walk some while I'm up here. I've lost a bit more lately and would love to lose another 9 by July 28, just don'tknow if I can do it. But, I'll try. Okay, I'm babbling. Donna, great to see you back on and you are doing great. I will tell you though that I have always been able to eat more than 1/4 cup at a time. I probably eat 3/4 to 1 cup at a time, but I eat my Protein and then green veggie. I do try and only eat 3 times a day but at times do snack some. I don't think 1/4 cup is much to eat at all. You have lost well. I would think long and hard about another surgery. This is just my humble opinion though.

Well, good night all!!

DonnaMarie - so good to hear from you! You're doing great :D Congrats on tying the knot, too :eek: I am happy for you that you have such a supportive husband. Keep up the great work!

Mary, hang in there with your mom...she's lucky to have you there with her. Sorry to hear she's having so much pain issues.

I had the greatest NSV ever today - I was in the waiting room to be called in to see my lap band PA, and the girl that called me in opened the door and saw me sitting there and said "OMG look at you!" super loud in the waiting room. It was so cool! Then I walked through the door and all the nurses and my PA were standing behind the desk right inside the door and they just looked at me and their mouths opened and no one said anything, so I went "ta-da!" They all were laughing. My PA said I'm doing "phenomenal" about 6 times and said I am ahead of schedule and losing more like a gastric patient. He said he was very proud of me. That made me feel so good. Just wanted to share :) Oh - I'm down 107!!!

Stephanie!!! Congrats on making past the 100pounder!! I just cant seem to lose weight and I def dont need another fill... I can't believe that you are doing so well!!!

DonnaMarie, I so jealous you have such a fab husband!! Good for you!!

Mary- your mom will get through this and feel so much better afterwards when she can walk again - without pain. Remember to tell her that without pain- you wouldn't know what relief is!

So Update!!!! I had a great date last night with this new guy- Matt... he was super sweet and such a respectable gentleman. In a way, it was nice to be treated like a princess, and in another, I was getting frustrated because I'm so independent! The date lasted 5 hours and I didn't get tired of him. Well, we'll see if he calls...

meanwhile, I'm running on 2 1/2 hours of sleep and I have another long night of waiting in line for Harry Potter tonight... so don't spoil it!

I have started writing affirmations for myself about my worth and such, and I truly believe they are helping me become more confident with myself and with guys... haha They made me finally realize that I am worthy to be loved- I always had this notion that I needed to punish myself with being alone because of my weight- that I didn't deserve to have someone special in my life because no one would want someone like me when they could have someone like everyone else. But here's the thing- there is no other me. I am a one-hell-of-a-catch, and I'm not gonna settle for anyone that can't see that! And the thing that helped me get through that mentality? My #4 affirmation: I am worthy of EVERYTHING.

That and the fact that for the first time in my life, people are starting to treat me differently. Strange how that can make you change your outlook on life... So the next time you have the urge to say something negative, save your breathe and don't spill the negative into the universe.... I guess this is what self-confidence feels like!

What happened?!

Stephanie!!! Congrats on making past the 100pounder!! I just cant seem to lose weight and I def dont need another fill... I can't believe that you are doing so well!!!

DonnaMarie, I so jealous you have such a fab husband!! Good for you!!

Mary- your mom will get through this and feel so much better afterwards when she can walk again - without pain. Remember to tell her that without pain- you wouldn't know what relief is!

So Update!!!! I had a great date last night with this new guy- Matt... he was super sweet and such a respectable gentleman. In a way, it was nice to be treated like a princess, and in another, I was getting frustrated because I'm so independent! The date lasted 5 hours and I didn't get tired of him. Well, we'll see if he calls...

meanwhile, I'm running on 2 1/2 hours of sleep and I have another long night of waiting in line for Harry Potter tonight... so don't spoil it!

I have started writing affirmations for myself about my worth and such, and I truly believe they are helping me become more confident with myself and with guys... haha They made me finally realize that I am worthy to be loved- I always had this notion that I needed to punish myself with being alone because of my weight- that I didn't deserve to have someone special in my life because no one would want someone like me when they could have someone like everyone else. But here's the thing- there is no other me. I am a one-hell-of-a-catch, and I'm not gonna settle for anyone that can't see that! And the thing that helped me get through that mentality? My #4 affirmation: I am worthy of EVERYTHING.

That and the fact that for the first time in my life, people are starting to treat me differently. Strange how that can make you change your outlook on life... So the next time you have the urge to say something negative, save your breathe and don't spill the negative into the universe.... I guess this is what self-confidence feels like!

What happened?!

Leona do you live in Fresno??? I saw your signature says Dr. Singh at St. Agnes...

YAY STEPH!!! :clap2::whoo: Over 100 lbs! I am proud of you!!

Leona, girlfriend, I felt that way for YEARS when I was younger. Finally, even before my surgery, I decided that I was good enough and deserved only the best. I set mini goals for myself and followed thru. First was I bought my house. On my own, in my name. That happened a year ago. I was dating my hubby but he was draggin his feet a bit. I told him, "Look, I don't know if you are ready, but I know I am ready for something long term and lasting.. you have to decide if you want to be with me and build a life or if you want to stay on your own. I cannot wait for you forever".. With that, I started going out with friends, going hiking, doing volunteer work and even dating other people. My now hubby didn't like that too much so one night he knocked on my door, told me he was in love with me, can't take me going out with others, and would I marry him? You KNOW I said yes! We dated 2 1/2 years off and on and finally the man asked! SOOOOOO don't know why I went on that tangent.. Just wanted to say, Leona, good for you and you do deserve the best and only you can make it happen!!! :biggrin1:

Quicky update on me... I was filled to max this past friday. 10cc in my 10cc band. My doc said that he felt like he put too large a band in me and that is why my weight loss was slower. He said if this fill didn't do it, then I may need another surgery to put a smaller band in. Let me just tell you. I am FINALLY restricted. I am actually having a hard time. I have wicked acid reflux. I called the doc to see if I needed an unfill and the nurse said that it sounded like the reflux inflammed my pouch and I was having swelling issues. I mean, I couldn't keep anything down! So now I am on prilosec and taking Mayloxx before bed and upon waking. The coating is supposed to help my stomach and it has! I am doing much better. Final able to keep some food down.

Ok, my long post is now over! This weekend is supposed to be nice here in Connecticut so I am going to take advantage and get together with some friends and also bike ride with the hubby. Take care everyone and thanks for reading!

~DonnaMarie~ :)

Hi All

I was banded 7/17/07 and just want see how weight loss has been for you that have been banded a year now..

Thanks

Congrats on the surgery Indigo! We are all doing well.. Slow for some, quicker for others.. everyone is different. I got stuck recently the scale is starting to move again. Good luck to you and thanks for asking!

~Donnamarie~

HI everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Florida trip was great and working on marriage problems daily. My little grandson is due in 2 months, very excited about that. I guess I hadn't posted because as you know I went 4 months, yes 4 months without losing or gaining a single pound. The last 2 weeks I've lost 10 pounds. Done absolutely nothing different except I walking on the treadmill daily and that's the only difference, go figure, my band is so unpredictable. I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Nashville for another one of my get away for 3 days little shopping trips, they help my nerves sooooo much.

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I just had my one year bandiversary and have only lost about 80 pounds which really sucks but maybe the plateau thing is over and maybe just maybe since I"m finally at 213 I'll hit the one hundreds sometime in the near future. Please pray for me that I do because I have really been down on my band wishing I had had the bypass but I have lost slow enough that I don't have any extra skin to speak of so maybe slower isn't the worst thing in the world. I'm finally in 16's and I was in 24's and 3x this time last year.

Hope everyone is doing well, keep in touch, love you all.

Sherri Jo

Hi Adorable-- No I live in Maryland... It's nice here... and Dr. Singh was in Baltimore, St. Agnes Hospital.

Aww DonnaMarie- thanks for the story.. it gives me something to look forward to!

I'll talk more tomorrow - goodnight!

Congrats on the surgery Indigo! We are all doing well.. Slow for some, quicker for others.. everyone is different. I got stuck recently the scale is starting to move again. Good luck to you and thanks for asking!

~Donnamarie~

Thanks for the reply Donnanarie... Justing looking at your ticker 80 in a year that GREAT... I will be happy with 80 lbs..

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around but this site keeps changing my password and I have to go back and get another one and then re log in. What a hassle.

I am here now though. I am not losing but not gaining either. I am having problems with my blood sugars and I am trying a new medication for it. It hasn't worked yet. I am going back to my GP new week so maybe she can give me somthing that will work better. Other than that I have been fine.

Hi Sherri. I haven't heard from you in awhile. I am glad that you are losing again. Maybe I should get on my bike and ride it. I want to lose 10 pounds. It is hard to believe that you are in 16's and weigh 213. I weigh around 205 and I am just getting into 22's. I guess everybody's body frame is different. I wish I could wear 16's. Someday I will. I am excited about your new grandbaby coming. I am going to be a grandma too for the first time. The baby is due in Feb. and I can hardly wait. Everytime I go to the store I buy it something. By the time it gets here I will have lots of stuff to give her. I will let ya'll know when we find out the sex of the baby.

I did just recently buy a summer wardrobe for the summer in smaller sizes. I even went down a cup size in my bra. Weird but now I am a B. I am still having a hard time finding a bra that fits good but I am still searching. I have been ordering my clothes on line and then when theyncome I have to send them back because they are to big. I think I know my sizes now though. THis is going to be a busy year for us. We are going to do some painting (or have it done) and reorganizing of our house before the baby comes so we can have a place for them to visit. I am starting to gothrough boxes in storage so I can know where things are. SO I need to get a good nights rst so I can get to it tomorrow. I promise I won't be a stranger and visit and write more often. Love you all. Hugs

So good to hear from you girl. I have been wondering how you were. I'm just now getting in to 16's but can still wear a few 18's. I'm 5'8" that could be the difference, I don't remember how tall you were. I can't get my ticker to change but I'm at 210 finally so almost 80 pounds and it was a year this month. Not as good as most but not the worst either. I like it now, I eat whatever I want, fattening or not just not much get full quick and it seems to be coming off slowly, plus, I have lost it slow and don't have any extra skin hanging off. I know a girl that had surgery the same day as I did in Mexico and she lost twice what I lost but has had to have major ps and now has 200 plus staples all the way around her. I don't envy that. So maybe losing slow is better.

So glad to hear about your grandbaby. They are sooooo precious. I have had my granddaughter the last 2 days and she can wear me down quick. She is like the energizer bunny she never stops. I'm so anxious for the baby boy to get here. He's not due for 6 weeks but she had to go back to the doc today and is having strong contractions, not the braxton hicks so he doesn't think she'll make it another 2 weeks. We'll wait and see.

Hope your doing well. good to hear from you. I want to bust that 100hundreds so bad and it seems impossible. Maybe next month or so.

Keep in touch,

Love ya,

Sherri

Hey everyone!!

I tried on and fit into my first size 14's last night!!! OMG I didn't buy them because I didn't really like them, but I did it! This whole gym thing is really working and the pounds are now FLYING off. 6 Pounds in 1 week!!! I'm finally taking care of my body and eating what I should and drinking enough Water and its working! ahhhhh! Maybe this will be my final push to do this! I am 11 pounds from 199, so I am pushing it to get there asap... what a feeling that would be!

But here's a funny story- the girl helping me shop last night ( by the way, I was shopping because I have a second date with a new guy tonight...) said she was a size 14/16 and she was so small- and I was like- "No way, I'm a 14/16, there is no way we are the same size," and she said "Well we are!" It was a good feeling, but it also reminded me that I still see myself as HUGE! ugh...

Maybe one day it will be different.. but for now, lets work hard and get the pounds off!

BTW, I'll let you know tomorrow how the date went! :)

Hey Leona that is AWESOME! We are the same size now! Too bad we didn't live closer together lol we could borrow each others clothes maybe. I totally TOTALLY agree, the key to this weight loss stuff is exercise, your body changes the fastest even when the pounds aren't coming off. Today I bought thong underwear lol, I feel so sexy lol. Sorry if thats tmi lol. But for me it was a great nsv.

Hi everyone! Ooooh, Kari! What a great NSV! I've noticed the lbs dropping since I can finally exercise since getting my new knees. I'm doing awesome...walking better than I ever have with no aides. It's amazing the little things I can do that I couldn't before. And I don't ache!! I am wearing 1X capri's this summer ;) That's a 14/16. I was at 234 the other day (down 107), but after my TOM gets over in a couple days, I'll weigh again. I want to be in the 220's, even if it's 220, by Aug. 27th when I have to go back to work. I only have 4.5 weeks of my summer vacation left.

Sherri Jo - you have NOT lost ONLY 80lbs! You are doing GREAT! Keep it up! That's nothing to sneeze at for a year total :)

Everyone - keep up the good work! I'm off to bed :)

Oh - Leona - YOU GO GIRL!!