Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

*grins* That's almost 70 pounds (68 as of today) in 5 months - thank you very much! *snickers*

Thanks, Diane. I know you care and I'm just being a whiner. I can do it with will power, but that's stressful and making me grumpy. I paid a lot of money for this band so I'm going to stop obsessing and get my stupid fill.

*huggles Diane* Thanks :)

PhotoNut, I can identify with your fear. I am still four weeks away from my first fill and it really does scare me because I absolutely freak about going through PB's and slimes. I eat out a lot with friends and I have not told my friends about my surgery so every time I read something like Kristin's lovely dinner above, I get these pictures of myself in a nice restaurant doing something totally gross and my friends rushing out the door in search of the nearest exorcist! (Not that yours was totally gross, Kristin. But tell me, did the Water shoot out or just kind of dribble out?)

Lord, help me!

Hope

Good Luck to Tricia, Diane and Susan with those fills. Sounds like you girls know what you need...

A question for all of you... Does your Dr. do your fills under the flouro machine? It just seems to be such a better way in my opinion... the Dr. and you can see the barium flowing through.

Susan, sounds like you DEFINITELY need a fill and Diane you need an unfill before you get hurt :)

Good Luck to all of you and I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Hippo you are more than welcome to post here!! We welcome everyone in, even if you don't want to stay in the club, post all ya want! :nono:

Tricia, I really hope you find good restriction again. I heard that as you lose the weight, you lose the fat around the stomach itself, and there by lose restriction because the band is not as tight. Hopefully this fille will work for ya and put you back into the swing of things.

Diane, I am so sorry that you had the obstruction and it went and messed up all of your restriction. Maybe, like Tricia, you can go in, get unfilled, and have great restriction again. I have my fingers and toes crossed for both of you.

Kristin, ugh, that sounds nasty!! LOL knowing me I would have just died of embarassment, and left the restaurant crying! I told DH that after I have the band I am not eating out anywhere until I get to goal!! LOL

Pnut, shut up and get the fill! :) joking sis, but just talk to your doc and both of you can decide if it is time. Personally it sounds like it. You got this thing to help you lose weight. If you are not filled properly then the tool is just sitting there not doing anything for you. And if you are afraid of making it work then why did you have it put in to begin with? See the logic? I know that you will get a fill, and that you will be fine. And so what if you get a little tight for a while. You just have a slight unfill and find that sweet spot! :D

I had a great mother's day! We spent the whole day at the beach. We got to watch the sunset and the kids played in the Water all day long. We caught a ton of sponges that I am going to purify and use around the house. If anyone wants any natural sponges, just let me know. They are soft, and great for using on your face!! Just the right amount of scrub. :P

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Good Luck to Tricia, Diane and Susan with those fills. Sounds like you girls know what you need...

A question for all of you... Does your Dr. do your fills under the flouro machine? It just seems to be such a better way in my opinion... the Dr. and you can see the barium flowing through.

Susan, sounds like you DEFINITELY need a fill and Diane you need an unfill before you get hurt :)

Good Luck to all of you and I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

Thanks, Heather! I appreciate your concern. My nurse practitioner does not do fills under flouro. I've had a total of 6 fills and 1 partial unfill and she has never once missed the port. With my last fill, either I was a bit too aggressive or it was just a tad bit too much. Either way, it was extremely uncomfortable and was the first time I had experienced being too restricted to the point where I couldn't keep anything down. With that said, now that I had .3cc taken out, I have less than what was in there before my last fill. I feel as though I'm wide open because I can eat quite a bit. I do hope that this next fill will get me back to the level of restriction I'm used to and that the weight loss will begin again.

i just watch the thread and i can say that you work it good all!

i wish i could say more but my english doesnt help :)

dont feel dissapointed just for few small ups & downs.. body

makes some tricks sometimes.. the point is that you lost so much

allready and you will keep loosing.. we are women so our hormones

playing games in the month.. sometimes we feel full just with a glass

of Water and sometimes we feel like we have not this band!...

the only answer is just some patience (yeah i know.. we were waiting

you to tell us about it :nono: )

and to try to listen our body.. are we really hungry or again this hormones

games?.. im so sure that i talk to responsible women over here..

so you will all lose them all ..ALL

Oh, so this weekend I went out and got all of my liquid diet foods. I am going to stay on liquid diet until its time for the apron surgery. I got high Protein slim fast shakes. some low fat and low cal high protein vanilla chai tea, lots and lots of pomagranite juice (my new fave), lots of veggies and fruits for juicing, some chicken and beef broth (low sodium), skim milk, and of course my trusty Protein Shakes. I am focusing on protein protein protein and really going to try staying between 1200 and 1000 cals a day. plus a gallon of Water. no more, no less. Does anyone have any other ideas for liquid diet options that are low cal, high protein? do you see any problems with the diet here?

I love that with every 5lbs I lose, I feel that those lbs are really..."GONE FOR GOOD"

I'm a happier wife, mother and friend every day. I have you guys to thank for this b/c if not for this forum and this thread and a few others, I'd not have learned all I have learned so far and I wouldn't know to push myself to get to my goal as much as I do now.

Reading and connecting with people motivates me and makes me want to strive to do more and to be better at myself. I don't really have the right words to express what I'm feeling at this very moment. I am more hopeful about myself than I have ever been in my entire life.

I know that you may be tired of hearing about my crazy bike rides but I need to share this with you guys...

The past 2 weekends, when I rode those miles, each time I did.. I wanted to quit about 75% of the way through it. My legs ached, shaking soo badly, the sun was harsh on my cheeks and arms, the wind.... fierce as it pushed against me.

Last 5 miles are the worst for me. I'm soo close to home yet soo dead tired. As I rode the last few miles and I began to feel numb and running on empty, I kept thinking about my friends here on LBT. I also think about the people that aren't able to do what I'm doing... health wise. I want to confess that the last weekend and yesterday, I cried soo hard the last few miles:think It hurts soo badly.... yet I felt an overwhelming feeling of love, accomplishment, drive and determination. I could see all of your faces.

Thank you friends...for pulling me through the last stretch of miles as I rode alone, almost wanting to really give it up.

TellyMelly~ you have got some balls... :) No way could I do what you do, I would pass out.

Well guys, I jumped off the deep end and joined a gym! God help us all!!! :nono:

I am really quite excited. I would love a personal trainer... but I don't have the dough to dish out for that right now. So, I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

i joined a gym this weekend too! then found out the time I plan to go workout during is when they open the gym to teenagers for free so that they can get some workouts done. we'll see how that goes. last thing i want is a bunch of snide teens making fun of me while i am working out. hopefully it won't be that type of crowd.

i joined a gym this weekend too! then found out the time I plan to go workout during is when they open the gym to teenagers for free so that they can get some workouts done. we'll see how that goes. last thing i want is a bunch of snide teens making fun of me while i am working out. hopefully it won't be that type of crowd.

Well I would think that the teens that are that devoted to workout shouldn't be paying attention to anyone else. And... not to down them, but they most likely won't stick with it.

Good Luck to you!

TellyMelly~ you have got some balls... :nono: No way could I do what you do, I would pass out.

Hey HeatherGurl,

I don't consider it having balls... I am just soo tired of being fat and I am also impatient. Something went off inside of me after I got the band. I don't want to be obese anymore. I want to spend every moment and opportunity I can to get this s@$%t off of me once and for all.

I'm pretty much in this alone at home and it's no picnic. I'm married into a family that cooks for an army and they eat REALLY big! Temptation on a daily. Husband just keeps bringing in junk food and it's driving me nuts so I spend my time doing things that will help me. It's not easy living with a man I love soo much yet.. I feel like he's doing everything in his power to try to sabatoge my weight loss. Examples: Cheetos, Doritos, Large tub of Peanut Butter, cake mixes and ice cream all in 1 week (last week). :) I just tire myself out and do stuff till I fall asleep.

I tried talking about it to him and the kids. The kids were fine with eliminating junk but he's not. I was there where he is so I understand..., I am not forcefully making him give that stuff up b/c I understand. I love him, never called him fat and was never mean to him, just show him my disappointed face. :rolleyes It's not working yet, but maybe when he's really ready, he'll give that stuff up and come join me on a bike ride or a stroll every once in awhile.

Hi all.....Im glad to see everyone is doing great.....

funny: IM so excited for you with your surgery, I will defintily keep you im my thoughts.

I really need a fill as well, but Im tryin to save some extra cash to get some movers when I move in June...so its like what is more important at this time!! LOL....deep down I want to say the FILL!!!!

well I hope everyone has a great week and Im dreading wednesdays weigh in for some odd reason...but we'll see.......

Its really bad for me right now trying to maintain my focus on eating better...Pooey on it.....