Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

Kathy - I make my iced lattes by waiting at the Starbucks counter!! LOL!! We do have an espresso/cappuccino maker here at home but they just don't come out as good as they do at Starbucks. I hope you do try Splenda. I absolutely love it and wouldn't use anything else. Just be careful not to use too much because, to me, it seems sweeter than sugar. I usually use 2 packets for 16 oz. and 3 for 20 oz., which seems to be about perfect for me. You may wish to try a little, taste it first, then add more as needed.

Funny - thanks for your input. I drink at least 64 oz. of Water per day. I'm going to give it another 2-3 weeks and if I haven't lost any weight, I'll make an appt. to get a slight fill - probably .1 or .2cc should do the trick. I could probably eat more right now, but have been limiting myself.

H 380/ J 351.5/ S 315 /C 310 (-69 lbs preband, -5 this week)

C 310 ( 69 LBS -5 THIS WEEK)

I AM LOVING THIS BAND. I CHANGED MY LAST WEEK CURRENT WEIGHT TO SURGERY WEIGHT AND ADDED TODAYS AS CURRENT!

H 278.5/C 270.5 (+1.5)

I gained - but after last week losing 9.5 I'm just letting my body do its thing. I promise a loss next week!

Read all the posts about food -- being diabetic I learned that:

bananas are high in sugar! no more than 1/2 of one is best (a week)

I'd watch the WHOLE MILK used for those lattes ladies - it adds up! in fat and sugar -- and watch cheese intake and the "amount' of lean Protein eaten - sometimes I find myself eating more than I think I am....

best of luck to all next week!

Point taken Mo. Everytime I think of adding cheese to something, I say to myself "pointless useless fat" and avoid it. But not the cottage cheese, I guess, huh?! LOL I can pretty well live without cheddar and american. Once I measured just how many ounces the chicken breast on my plate weighed. Just so I'd know how many ounces what I wanted was...(isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Weigh first and THEN want that much? heh, not me) Well, it was 3 ounces. That's a perfect bandster portion! I was very happy.

So, since I can't do the counter at Starbucks "working from home" I'm going to TRY making my own. coffee, 1% milk, splenda and ice in the Magic Bullet. Oh, how do I get the vanilla flavor? Syrup? OMG this is getting waaay too complicated. sigh.

Woo I got my blood work back from my physical... Here's a summary:

You aren't dead.... yet!

Damn my doctor was right!

Actually, and more seriously, my bloodwork is really good except one small aspect. My C-reactive Protein is slightly elevated.

This reveals my #1 peeve about the medical profession. "Your C-reactive protein is slightly elevated, we will discuss this at your follow up appointment in 3 months time".

Fantastic, I'll just go ahead and worry for 3 stinking months about what "C-reactive Protein" does!

(Actually, I already know what it does, and what I need to do about it, but still the frickin doc's office could have told me!!)

"Fumes quietly and stomps off back to work"

I have an idea! vanilla CIB, milk, coffee! Perfect!

I just whizzed up a latte in the Magic Bullet. Yummy. But I ended up with an entire pitcher because I don't have the portions right yet. Plus I added chocolate Syrup which is a no-no. But I sweetened with Splenda (4 packets for the whole pitcher) and it's good! This will do. I'm on to a decent coffee replacement. I just need to work the extra calories into my diet so I don't overload on dairy. Maybe now I can drink 1 cup of hot coffee in the mornings and not sip on it allllllll day.

Dang ladies, you all are dropping poundage left and right! Here I can't even get a latte right. WTG!!!

Maryb - H 219/ 1st Dr Visit 207/ S 201/ 1st G 180/ 2nd G 150/ Final G 130/ C179 (-40 lbs total, -2 this week)

Reached my 1st Goal! :clap2:

Hello all you wonderful losers! I'm glad to see I was missed (at least by HeatherGurl). *laughs* I'm here, I just had company. Dawg and I are getting ready to have our house painted, so my friend and I were driving around the neighborhood with paint samples looking at everyone else's house. I finally got up the courage to go talk to the owner of the house I liked the best and she's getting her color scheme info for me tomorrow. I'm so excited! And her name was Susan! :)

Anyway... Good grief, look at all of you! So many pounds are just melting away! So many wonderful goals being accomplished! I'm very happy for everyone. And I must say, I love your all's bright and cheerful attitudes. Even in a funk, this group rocks!

And yes, Amy... my unmodest sis, I'll keep the "betting pool" going for you! *laughs* Do you want me to limit this to the GFG Club, or post it for the whole of LBT? *snickers*

Here's my weigh-in for today. I want to thank all of you who are using the correct format for reporting. It sure makes my job easier!

C 241.5 (-65.5 lbs total, -2.5 this week)

Kathy - CRP is mostly used to measure how much irritation the body has. Dawg is slightly irritating, so his CRP is slightly elevated. *snickers* Hugs dawg. Glad you are alive. A CRP really does measure the amount of irritation and inflamation there is in the body. In a round about way it also measures how much pain the body is in because more often than not the irritation or inflamation can cause pain. When Emily was in the hospital with pneumonia her lung was rubbing on the diaphram causing irritation and inflamation. Her CRP was so high the doctor said "Its no wonder she says she is in pain! I haven't seen grown men stay quiet with this high of CRP" Poor little thing. As her Pneumonia got better and the inflamation went down, the pain went down, and so did the CRP readins. Normal is under 1 for most people. When She left the hospital hers was still at 7. When she was at the height of her pain, it was at 32. :) What is yours at dawg?

Susan, since I debuted my tumy pics here, lets keep the bet to inside the GFG club. Just for my homies. LOL As for pain, I recommend Hot pink with Lime green trim. Your house will look like a watermelon. :)

Dawg...tell US what C-reactive protien is and does!!!!!!!!!! Come back! Somebody go get him!!!!

C-reactive Protein (CRP) - in a nutshell.

It is a protein produced by the body at times of inflammation and infection. Other causes can be high blood pressure, pregnancy, being overweight, trauma, stress / mental issues etc (anything that puts stress on the body).

Having a high CRP reading can be indicative of increased chance of Cardio Vascular Disease. Continued high levels of CRP cause "Fatty plaque" which lays down in the arteries, increase chance of stroke and heart attack.

Good ways to counteract an increase CRP level is with Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Flaxseed, lose weight, and of course, good old exercise.

There, now everyone knows what all this darn mumbo jumbo is.

I'll be scoffing the E and heading to the gym to continue my light cardio and muscle strengthening.

I guess the major reason the doc is putting of chatting about this, is I am already doing the things I am supposed to to correct it.

Now, stop distracting me, I'm supposed to be working.

:)