Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain/recovery compared to c/section?

I had two c-sections and the recovery was not impossible but it was no picnic, either. How is the lap band compared to that??? I guess I'm a big baby!

I had two csections as well, its easier than a csection, except the kids are so little I really didnt even rest lol

I have had 2 c sections and this surgery was a walk in the park . Take your meds if you need them but I was pretty muck ok thru the day just took at night to make me sleep well. Rest for a couple of days and you should be fine

I've had 3 c-sections, and lap-band is nothing in comparison. I didn't even take any pain meds. To me, it felt like I had a stomach ache for several days, a little achy, but nothing that a heating pad couldn't handle.

I agree with the others! My lap band was much easier than my c section.

The lapband hurt a little more than my c sections just because of the horrible gas pains that i had but it lasted way less time than my c sections. Dont worry...you will do fine. Just remember to walk alot and sip, sip, sip. Oh yeah and take your pain meds on time :)

Thanks girls! What a relief! And one more answer to the 8 billion questions I have!

I guess I am the odd man out ... I had 2 c-sections and also had a much harder time with the lapband. Maybe I just had better drugs for the c-sections :) I had a lot harder time getting out of bed...that was my main issue.

Shawna, I'm with you. With my csection, I only took Motrin, I didn't need the stronger pain meds, with this, I've already had to refill my pain script. I will say its not pain where the incisions are, it's mostly the port pain though. I had surgery 3 days ago, and am still having pain and using the ice packs. This was def not the case with my c-section.

I had two c sections and the lapband seemed much worse to me!

The band is a piece of cake compared to a c-section. I was walking around Target an hour after I got to the recovery room. I had to take pain pills and take it easy for a couple of days, but I was back to work and feeling pretty normal after 4 days or so.

I have had 2 c sections and they were much worse than the lap band. I didn't even take pain meds after the 2nd day. I had it done on a Friday and was back to work by Monday.

I had two c sections, second one I had twins to care for and that was so much harder than a lapband. Lapband recovery was a walk in the park even with the shoulder pain.

I had 2 sections as well and the recovery is different. My first section was done by laser and I was driving and taking my newborn with my 1, 4 and 5 year olds to the park and doing a bris within 5 days of delivery. My second section was a near death experience so I had to rest more even though I wasn't in pain.

With lapband, I am 6 days post and still have shoulder pain. I am going back to work Thursday. My incisions are still sore and I have some gas pains but I also had a hiatal hernia repair.