Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Your Non-Health Reason?

I know a lot of people's number one reason for getting WLS is for health. I fully admit that mine isn't. So, I'm curious -

What is your non-health related reason for wanting to get banded?

---

Mine is my husband. My Husband is 6'5, gorgeous, blonde hair, blue eyes, fit, well built, military man. I want to look good in fashionable clothes, I want to be curvy and feel feminine, and feel him be able to pick me up. I want to feel comfortable chasing after little ones so that he isn't doing all the work because I'm too winded or I'm not flexible enough in jeans.

I should clarify that my husband is amazing and loves and supports me no matter what my weight has been, but I can't help to feel as though I wish I were his trophy wife. Also, I don't think I'm ugly by any means, I think I'm pretty and I don't hate my body, I like it, it's looking better every day, but I want to love what I see.

I'm very interested in hearing what others have to say!

I want to wear stilettos without the fear of breaking them, I want to shop for clothes without feeling depressed, I want to wear sexy lingerie and know I look good, I want to wear smaller bras, I want to be able to climb stairs without feeling like I'm going to have heart failure, I want to see my face get thin and pretty again, I want to be noticed, in a good way, when I walk in a room.

Mine is similiar to yours; my husband is VERY fit, in shape. I want to be able to keep up with him. We went to Disney for our wedding anniversary a few years back and it was everything I had to just walk through the park for the day.

My non-health reason is myself. I want to feel strong, and confident and look better. I did it for me, plain and simple.

:)

As crazy as this may sound, I want to buy a shirt & not have to worry if its riding up because I don't want people to see my stomach. I want to be able to get on a rollercoaster with my god-kids & have the bar fit across my stomach comfortably.

I did it for m eyes fo rhealt because my quality of life was seriiously detirioating =( however I would be a lie to say I did'nt do it for other reasons as well. #1 my mom it has been her dream to se me fit all he rlife ( i've been big since I was five) I want to make her happy. # I want to look good I don't think i'm a beauty but I think i'm pretty and lately I hated my image. I want to be able to look in the mirror and not hate myself anymore. I want to take full body pictures and not just from the "girls" up lol!! I want to finish the Toledo, Spain City Tour that I coul dont finish last year because I got so tired from walking that I hoestlt tought I ws goin gto faint. I had to go back and wait for evrybody else about 3 hrs in our meeting point =( I'm doing thi sto be proud of myself =)

Here is the link to my Youtube channel

were I document my Journey here i smy last video I did today and I actually did a full shot still feel kind of uneasy about it. This is a hard Journey.

Wow If I didn't know better this sounds like it was written by me. My boyfriend is blonde, tall, hansome fit and fashionable. I once was a looker too so it made sence. Now I feel like people question why he is with me and he can do better.

I want that to change.

I want to sit on an air plane or movie theater seat comfortabley. And get in and out of my car easy. Or sit in a booth at a resturant and have room to breath. I want to run a mile or more!

I want to be able to buy clothes somewhere other than plus-sized shops. I want to go for a walk and be able to not be out of breath. I want to walk down the hallway without my thighs rubbing together.

Mostly, I want some random guy to check me out...I don't know that I've ever been 'checked out' before and I would like for someone, just once, to make me feel sexy. Yes, I'm married and no, I wouldn't ever cheat on my Husband, but just once for someone to think I'm sexy enough to glance at would be nice.

I want everyone to know that I don't think any of your answers are silly. A lot of people take these simple things for granted. We all have our reasons, even if they aren't health related, or are superficial. We want what we want, we're human, I figured we might as well own up to it!

Keep the answers coming! Love em!

Bikini, or maybe just feel good in any swim suit. I want to wear fashionable clothes and not just pick clothes that cover me up. But most of all, my main reason is my son. I'm an older parent and want to be around for him for a long long time and be healthy.

I want everyone to know that I don't think any of your answers are silly. A lot of people take these simple things for granted. We all have our reasons, even if they aren't health related, or are superficial. We want what we want, we're human, I figured we might as well own up to it!

Keep the answers coming! Love em!

It's funny. I've been overweight my entire life and even though I know my reasons I've never really admitted them to anyone...very liberating :)

I wanted to like me..... No matter what I acheived I felt I didn't deserve it , no matter how much my good looking husband loved me I didn't deserve it. Every happy occassion and every sad bump in the road ... I told myself if I wasn't fat it would have been better.

I did not like myself because I knew I just couldn't stop putting food in my mouth and no matter how hard I tried I failed. Sure I love wearing cute clothes but most of all I like the me thats in them....