Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct 26 for the slimband in Toronto getting pretty nervous and excited

Going on a 2 week preop diet of Protein and vegtables no carbs or sugar

Surgery time is all set....10:15am this friday! Finished all pre-op blood work, paid my fees & pre-registered for admission....This is getting so real....a little scary but still exciting.

I hope & pray for all of my fellow October Bandsters; may we all be successful, happy, healthy & definitely have little to no gas pain! LOL

I'm schedule for 10/08 surgery too. I am on day 7 of this preop diet and I'm still struggling. I'm so hungry and can't stop thinking about food.i just get so frustrated & I'm patiently waiting for that " gonna get better", day.

Yesterday was like that for me. I was so hungry and all I could think about was a cheeseburger and fries. But, I didn't do it. I am not going to sabotage myself. We only have 6 more days. WE CAN DO IT!

Not sure the diet has to do with being larger. I started at 425 (now below 400) and I am on the same pre-op diet as everyone else in the practice. However, if you have a BMI over 60 (I do) then you need to be on it for two weeks not just one. I can have Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, oatmeal, crystal light, Decaf tea/coffee, salad and fat free dressing, etc.

Anyone else have a moment where you think... "what am I doing?" and consider cancelling? I am all for the surgery and have done my research etc but now that it is so close, I am worried. Hoping this feeling goes away!

I don't think it has anything to do with your BMI, because mine was not over 60, but I still had to do the 2 week pre-op. My surgeon told me it was to help shrink the liver and stomach so that the surgery will be easier.

On day one of my 10 day pre op diet, i need prayers to get through this part I dont know how to survive! i want a coke so badly i cant see straight, but I refuse to fail! WE CAN DO THIS!

I myself was a diet coke girl. Not canned or bottle but straight out of the fountain. I had a 44oz every single day. But, the day I started the pre-op diet I completely quit them. I did it because I want to be successful and I know that I am not going to be able to have them after the band is on. You are right! WE CAN DO THIS! It will be so worth it to look in the mirror and see half the person we were.

Uuuugggghhhh!!! I'm so jealous. On day 5 of pre-op diet. Gained 2.5 lbs initially and now down only 4 lbs. I hope my body kicks in soon.

Hang in if you follow it to a T you will lose. I lost a bunch of Water weight in the first few days. I swear I peed every 20 minutes all night and day lol I see a lot of people have liquid and food mine was all liquid 5 Optifast a day and the only other thing was water (lots) and I have a sugar free Popsicle at night.

It's not going to be easy for any of us but there are a tremendous amount of success stories on here to keep motivated by;). Lets become one!

Less than 40 hours away for me now ;)

Getting ready to fix my family dinner and present myself with a one cup of cream of mush. Soup, 1/4 c cottage cheese, and a popsicle, Im so hungry !!!!

Got my date today yayyyyyy Oct 25 gotta b there at 5am

My date changed again, back to the 4th!!! I just got back from signing all my papers, paying my fee and having my last weigh in!

I'm excited but I did have a little moment of panic when I got in the car, but it's passed.

I am getting excited and nervous!! talk about butterflies! I have two days until my surgery (October 5th) Have had a few moment of-- what am I doing-- but I am looking forward to being on the other side!! Finding it harder and harder keeping this a secret-- I have a good support team of my close friends and family - but have chosen to keep it to myself at work (too many busy bodies people there!!)

:o)

Not sure the diet has to do with being larger. I started at 425 (now below 400) and I am on the same pre-op diet as everyone else in the practice. However' date=' if you have a BMI over 60 (I do) then you need to be on it for two weeks not just one. I can have Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, oatmeal, crystal light, Decaf tea/coffee, salad and fat free dressing, etc.

Anyone else have a moment where you think... "what am I doing?" and consider cancelling? I am all for the surgery and have done my research etc but now that it is so close, I am worried. Hoping this feeling goes away![/quote']

I have had the same doubts during the Pre op diet. My friend who just had her band placed in July said she felt the same way. She said she chalked it up to being the same as breaking up with a boyfriend or good friend. You are breaking up with food who may have been your comfort or friend for decades.

Yesterday was like that for me. I was so hungry and all I could think about was a cheeseburger and fries. But' date=' I didn't do it. I am not going to sabotage myself. We only have 6 more days. WE CAN DO IT![/quote']

Omg, I've been craving cheeseburgers too. And I'm not even a fan of burgers. I keep thinking, well this time next week we will be banded. It's what's keeping me going. Yes, We can do this! Thanks.

Omg, I've been craving cheeseburgers too. And I'm not even a fan of burgers. I keep thinking, well this time next week we will be banded. It's what's keeping me going. Yes, We can do this! Thanks.

You and I will need to keep each other on track. "Just say no to the burger." LOL. Just think about next Monday. Then we won't even want a burger for a while.