Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

HI all...

Surgery is scheduled for July 31...I'm almost there. I have had a TERRIBLE time getting in 5 shakes/day...I've been lucky to get down 3....and I know that has not been a good thing.

I also have had "something" "real" every day -- in VERY SMALL AMOUNTS, I guess excusing it because I am not getting in all the calories from the Protein shakes....But today, I'm determined to get all 5 down. I NEVER eat 5 'meals' in a day, so its been a huge challenge to make myself stop whatever I'm doing and fix a shake. But today, I'm going to do it.

I'm going out of town for the weekend, back on Monday, the day before surgery. Visiting my parents -- and my mom LOVES to eat out. Its sort of her fave way to socialize. Mine, too, frankly, so this will be really tough on both her and me.

Hubby has been SO supportive and helpful this past week, and we're gearing up for what the next phase will bring.

Would love to hear from any of you who are post-op -- how are you doing? What have been your biggest challenges? Fears? What have been your best victories - scale and non-scale!? We need to hear from you. We are amping up for a big change in so many ways....and we value so much the insight of those who've already been there!!

Let us hear from you!!

Thanks Kim

I am doing great, thank you! I had my first post op visit yesterday and am down 8 lbs since surgery. I had been down 10 but the last two days I have been feeling sooooo much better and my appetite has been big. I am done with Protein shakes!!! but I have found some Soups from Safeway that are just yummy and dont' have any lumpy veggies (or if they do they can easily be pureed in the blender). My doctor says the most difficult part will be the next three weeks until my first fill. As my stomach swelling goes down I will not have any restriction on eating. So I just have to be disciplined the next couple of weeks. Just trying to keep it to 1200 calories or so.

the recovery has been a little more than I expected but I am 8 days out and feeling about 75% back to normal. I walked yesterday and got tired pretty easy. But I feel stronger today.

Keep up the good work!!

Melissa

Melissa!! SO PROUD OF YOU....yea!! So glad to hear you are literally back on your feet and feeling 'pretty' good!! That is SOOOOOOO encouraging, and of course, what we all want to hear! I've been sort of fretting those first couple weeks post, but this is really encouraging.

Would you feel comfortable adding a ticker to your posts? Just so we can do a happy dance with you as you get down to Skinny Minnie status?? Even a "pounds lost" - if you don't want to post current/starting weight -- I totally understand that, but boy we'd sure love to track along with you!!

I'm already "done" with shakes, too, but know there are several days yet ahead, so I'm trying to steel myself for it.

Anyway, celebrating with you and cheering you on!! Let us know how that first fill goes, and how you fair afterwards...and certainly keep us apprised of your progress!! We're in it to lose it! :>)

K.

Yes. I will try! I'm not sure I see where to add the tracker. But I will try.

Yes. I will try! I'm not sure I see where to add the tracker. But I will try.

I'm new here, but I "think" you can go up to where you see your name/user name, open that, then you'll see "My Tickers"...go there and see how it leads you. I think it was pretty easy to add mine...and then you also go there to update progress.

We'll be looking!! :>)

posting a test, to see if I did it right....

its not showing my new weight....I was at 218 this morning....so not sure what I didn't do...??

Maybe it takes time to re-set...?? I've gone and looked at the 'edit' section, and its showing 218, but the ticker does not reflect that....hmmmm....oh well. That's all I know to do....anyone wanna chime in here? In case we're missing something!?

Thanks!

Ok! I found the section and added a tracker. thank you all for the help!

Hello Everyone! I hope you are doing well. I'm excited to report I have lost a couple more pounds. But WOW- am I hungry the last few days. My doctor says it will be a will power struggle until the first fill. He said I initially had swelling in my stomach that was keeping me feeling full but as I heal my appetite will increase. I literally found myself daydreaming yesterday about french fries! But I am happy to see the weight loss and can feel my clothes getting looser. I have a weeding the first week of September so I am just picturing myself looking thinner. I think I can drop another 10 lbs before the wedding. That would be wonderful!

Very best to everyone. Keep up the good work!

I am so happy to hear everyone is doing so well! I have surgery on Monday and I am excited/nervous! Since I am an out-of -town patient I am leaving tonight to visit family and eat at favorite places. I can't believe the time is here after such a long journey. Send me good thoughts!

So happy for the good report, Melissa...what I needed to hear. I am REALLY struggling today, DAY 11 of the liquid diet. I am losing what little mind I have...lol

Keep asking myself is this ridiculousness worth it? Why can't I love myself the way I am??

anyway, here we keep going....kudos to everyone staying the course!!

Melissa...keep posting...I'm sure it's what'll keep us all looking toward our own prize!

Hey everyone....

So I am almost 3 wks since surgery so I guess 5 wks since I started the pre op diet....I don't get my first fill till Aug 13th but have post op appt on Monday....

So I am on soft foods...and well doing well I don't throw up but if something gets stuck and I had a couple days right after surgery that I wasn't able to keep anything down....however on Wed...I had 4 small pieces of watermelon...and 1 piece of shrimp...thinking all soft...and well watermelon is mostly Water right?? How wrong was I and unfortunatly I wasn't home....so I had to keep excusing myself to go and spit it all up....I didn't eat fast I chewed well...

So I guess those are off the list for now....I know the clinic suggested that I was prob really swollen after surgery but I haven't had a prob with anything I do eat ALOT slower...

Also does anyone else have issues with the port area? sometimes the area seems to be extended out...and other times its not....incisions are all healed...and I swear I can feel the port...

I tried to add a ticker so hopefully it worked....good job everyone....we are all gonna be so healthy and skinny....

Taylor! You are almost at 30 lbs. That is awesome. I hope you buy yourself a little reward. My port area is pretty sore and I do feel like it extends out a bit. No idea what the solution might be.

And KKCCMOM- YES! I agree that you should love yourself just the way you are. I also believe that you deserve to be healthy and active for yourself. You deserve that gift. Several years ago I lost about 75 lbs and was down to my goal. It was wonderful. I had so much more energy and enjoyed everyday more.

Best to everyone!