Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

My surgery was delayed from the 19th to the 26th. I was upset but my mom had to have surgery yesterday on a broken foot so it worked out for the best. I started my 10 day liquid diet yesterday and have done really well on it so far. I've been good :) yesterday was easier because I was busy with my mom but being back at work is harder. I just keep telling myself this will be good for me and I CAN do it!! I keep something to drink with me at all times and that helps. I woke up this morning with a massive Headache but I don't know if it was caffine withdrawal or stress. Either way I drank a cup of coffe with splenda and felt much better after.

I am hoping I can come back to work on Tues the 1st. Some of the post make me unsure on whether that will happen.

Lindabug - I go back to work tomorrow, one week after my surgery, and I feel more than ready. Assuming you don't have a hightly physical job, I think you'll be okay with your scheduled time off. Good luck!

Lindabug- I am sorry about the delay for you! that would be frustrating. I had surgery on Monday and feel okay. Just happy to have it overwith and on my way to better health. I've been tired today but was actually able to do some work this afternoon. I work from home and have a desk job so it is easy to get in a half and hour here and there. I think you will be fine.

I am headed to bed again! Hope everyone is feeling good. Taylor- have you weighed yourself again? Are you still at 26 lbs? that's just amazing and so encouraging.

All the best to everone,

Melissa

Yes it is frustrating, I want this over as soon as possible but guess it was good considering my moms fall. I was on vacation when they called, they wanted to move it up a week but being gone it wouldn't have worked so it had to be delayed while the surgeon goes out of town. I was mad at him at first then realized he had a good reason for going. His daughter is Janelle Issis and is on Dancing with the Stars so he is going to see the show! She is gorgeous and an amazing dancer.

I'm glad to hear Melissa and Knitmom that you both are doing well. I had almost talked myself out of all this. I was wondering why I couldn't lose the weight without it if I can stick to a ten day liquid diet but I know I wouldn't be so good if it wasn't for having the surgery. My main goal here is to feel better for myself and my almost 4 year old grand daughter. I get so tired when she's with me and I don't want her to remember me the way I do my grandmother. She was a wonderful women but never really played with us just fed us whenever we got ansty and always was watching tv. I want to be able to get out and play with her as much as possible, right now I take her to the pool a lot so it gets us out.

Day 3 of my 10 days and I am hanging in there. Hope you all continue to do great!!

Hey y'all!

I was banded July 13th and am finally feeling almost back to normal! I did struggle with the gas, especially when trying to sleep (I ended up propping myself up in bed like I was in a recliner). Other than that the pain level has not been overwhelming and the medicine is the REAL deal :blink: I started back to work yesterday the 17th and was a little extra tired and sore, but I made it through with a little liquid Tylenol!

I have had a little trouble getting down enough Protein each day...I believe it's supposed to be about 60 grams, right?

I'm using the Atkins Advantage shakes which only contain 15 grams each...what have ya'll had success with?

...................I can't wait for the liquid phase to be over, I want to chew! :lol:

Good Luck to all of you!

- Kelsey

I am starting to feel much better today and actually showered! I can't wait to begin to walk a bit for exercise. I wonder how long it will take? My surgery was on July 16. Kelsey, you might try the Odwalla shakes. I think they are close to 25 grams.

Hi, july baby bandsters !! I am also a july bandster myself.I got banded july 9th everything went great ! its been 10 days today i feel just a little sore where my port is at,i had my first dr. vist monday since the surgery he said every thing look good i asked him about the pain he said it was normal since that is where they did most of the work through.I did not have left shoulder pain which i was glad .i had very little gas pain :D .I have lost 12 lbs since i started which is great ! i do get a little hungry sometimes i just get a Protein Shake only 4oz cause thats all i can take now after surgery and i get full !! which before there was no way i would !! i am now on my full liquid diet and then monday the dr. said i can start my soft mushy for 1 wk i know i can do this i just think of what i have been through and that gets me more modevates me more and it feels sooo good to see the numbers on the scale go down instead of them going up! now i have to wait till i get the ok from the dr. so i can start my exercise.i do walk a little cause i will start hurting, and i also know it will take a little time.

Thank You TonyAnn (Good luck July babys )

I have my pre appointment for lab work and EKG, it's stupid but I'm more nervous about this then the surgery. Don't want anything to keep me from having this done.

Really just ready to be done and get on with new thinner life.

My pre op diet wasn't liquid it was no sugar carb fruit or fat....I was dying for a sandwich...still am...the full liquid there are more options but I am damn hungry now...

I have gained 1-2lbs since Monday...:( however yesterday was day one back to the gym I am happy I lost so much before now cause I have heard that ppl can gain before first fill and I don't get my first fill till Aug 13th...so yikes....

Hang in there, Taylor! I hae been in quite a bit of pain today but am trying to stay off the narcotic in favor of Tylenol. The stronger pain medicide was making me have a bad Headache and general sickness. The bit of stomach pain is preferable to the headache. I am starting to get hungry, too. I had surgery on Monday and weighed myself on Wednesday and had gained 4 lbs or so! So discouraging. But I had hardly eaten anything just two or three small (120 calorie) Protein Shakes. But I started moving a bit more and lost that and am down a few more now- 6 llbs lost total.

I just want to feel better so I can get back to my normal life and not lay around all of the time.

-Melissa

I was banded on July 16th. I was in a lot of pain when I woke up. I have 6 incisions, but doc said everything went fine. My port area is still pretty tender, but some of my pain is in my lower left side of the abdomen. The shoulder pain is pretty intense though. It runs into my neck. I am walking alot, 2 miles today. I was hoping that would help the pain....not so much. I have Lortab, but I am trying to take it when absolutely necessary. I have lost 18 lbs since the pre op diet. I only lost 4 before surgery.

I don't think I am drinking enough, but when I drink just a few oz. the shoulder pain starts. I am eating cream Soups and beef broth, I am over the shakes....the sweetness is just too much. I put unflavored whey Protein in my Soups and broth to get my Protein in. I also found a liquid Vitamin that taste pretty good at Walgreens. I bought the one from GNC....looks like yellow baby poop. I don't think I will be taking tht at all.

Goodluck to everyone....my first goal is 225 and then I will Celebrate every 10 lbs after that until I reach my final goal of 145.

I was banded on July 16th. I was in a lot of pain when I woke up. I have 6 incisions, but doc said everything went fine. My port area is still pretty tender, but some of my pain is in my lower left side of the abdomen. The shoulder pain is pretty intense though. It runs into my neck. I am walking alot, 2 miles today. I was hoping that would help the pain....not so much. I have Lortab, but I am trying to take it when absolutely necessary. I have lost 18 lbs since the pre op diet. I only lost 4 before surgery.

I don't think I am drinking enough, but when I drink just a few oz. the shoulder pain starts. I am eating cream Soups and beef broth, I am over the shakes....the sweetness is just too much. I put unflavored whey Protein in my Soups and broth to get my Protein in. I also found a liquid Vitamin that taste pretty good at Walgreens. I bought the one from GNC....looks like yellow baby poop. I don't think I will be taking tht at all.

Goodluck to everyone....my first goal is 225 and then I will Celebrate every 10 lbs after that until I reach my final goal of 145.

I also had a V8 juice today....so there are my veggies. It was sooo good. I am looking forward to week three so I can add my mushies!!

My surgery is tomorrow! Ready to be done and heal so I can start a new life

Linda -- we're rooting for you!! Wishing you well throughout the procedure and recovery. We'll be anxious to hear from you when you're up and at 'em and ready to chat!!

Best to you!

Kim

Hello July Bandsters- I am having surgery on Monday, July 16, and am getting a littler nervous. I am reading through the information from my surgeon as well as the information on this page and hope I have all I need to prepare for Monday. Protein Shakes, chicken broth, pain medication, and I am not sure what else. I have failed on so many diets that I am nervous I won't be successful with the band. And the financial investment is too much for me to fail!! At any rate- please with me well. And best of luck to Ilikebunnies who will have surgery on the 30th.

Melissa....HOW ARE YOU DOING?? I've wondered, hoping your recovery is going better than expected. We'd love to hear about your experience. Mine surgery is the 31st...so I'm less than ONE WEEK AWAY...so sick of the shakes! Please let us know how you are getting along!

Wishing you all the best!