Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

Hello All! I was banded on July 16 and have lost about 15 lbs. I am really anxious for the next 10 because that will be the thinnest I have been in years. This first 20 I have gained and lost about 3 times over the past two years. So it doesn't feel like an accomplishment but the next ten are significant for me.

I love the Soups you find in the organic sections of the grocry store. They come in a box and are a little pricey but yummy. I have been getting hungry around dinner, too. And I have no idea when I will get my first fill but I can tell I am going to nee the help pretty soon. I have a wedding coming up in four weeks and am hoping to lose another 6 lbs before that time.

I am still pretty tired from the surgery and have pain in my side which I think is the port itself. Thank you for all the posts. I read them and feel connected to you all and encouraged.

I am praying for success for everyone. Best to you all!

Melissa

Hey fellow bandsters: I was banded July 23. Been doing really well post-op. Didn't have much gas pain at all!! Very lucky!! Lost 14 pounds so far. Started mushies yesterday. Had two soft boiled eggs for Breakfast and pastina with sauce for dinner. Felt like I was eating nirvana!!! Tomorrow I see the doc again. Best of luck to everyone. Christine

Christine,

Congrats to you for making a decision to put your health first. Only five more pounds and you will put the 200's behind you. keep going!! Best of luck.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa. I'm very excited for that day too.!! Best of luck to you too. Christine

Went to the dr. today and got the staples removed, so glad they are out! Still no fill my dr wants to wait two weeks but I did lose 2 more pounds, not alot but right now doing it without a fill is hard and I'm pretty proud of myself. It's been a very hard week for my family, my son in law is having some major health problems and it's turned life upside down but we are getting through it all together. Talk about together my other daughter has been home for over a week now then my sil, daughter and granddaughter have been here almost non stop, gosh I'm beat!!! Tomorrow back to work, hopefully I will do better there than I did last week! How is everyone else doing??? Down 12 pounds (would like more but take it and be happy) and on my way to a new me.

hey everyone....so today is week 4 for me since banded and 6 wks since I started the pre op diet....oh those days....I get a fill next week and every 2 wks afterwards

I have lost 34lbs so far I am very happy I have gone down sizes from 26/28 and now fitting into 18/20 shirts...pants are still too tight...but I am getting there...although like everyone else I would like to loose faster....but I know that the band isn't a magic pill

I still have alot of restriction and don't have anything in my band yet....and if I eat too fast or don't chew it gets stuck and hurts like hell....and I sometimes have to spit is out (sorry for being gross)

Lindabug....wow staples? I had disolvable stitches thankfully hope they came our painlessly

WTG Melissa and Christine....as long as the #'s go down and we are feeling better all is good

I love my band....I am so happy with my decision to get this done I just wish I did it 10 yrs ago...

thanks for listening....

Hi, all...

I have had a miserable 5 days....severe nausea. Trying so hard to avoid puking b/c I know that causes problems for itself, so I've been in bed MOST of the past week. My poor husband!!

I know I am not getting enough nutrition...still on liquids, but even the smell of a Protein Shake brings up visions of throwing up and I just cannot get even a tiny bit down. I have tried chicken noodle Soup broth - avoiding the noodles, Tomato Soup, sherbet (TINY BIT), ... anything I can think of that might not cause nausea.

Because of this, I'm totally zapped. No strength at all...showering and fixing my hair/face sends me to my rocking chair to recover.

I HATE whining...believe me, but I NEVER in my wildest dreams ever thought recovery would be like this. NO ONE told me to expect this...a good friend, banded in Jan 10, told me he was up and around in a week or so...so I fully expected to be doing at least that well...but we're on Day Eight, and I'm still dragging.

Incisions are not an issue. Healing just fine - ITCHY!; tape working its way off.

Is this nausea 'normal'? It just seems like everyone else is doing so well, and I just hate that I'm struggling so much to get back to LIFE. Last Friday/Saturday I had SEVERE gas pains, could not eat much because of the pressure. Tried eating a little on Sunday, but spent the entire afternoon in bed, and has basically been there the entire time.

To say I have regret would be an understatement....and I sincerely hate to be Negative Nelly here, since all of you are doing SO well, but this has truly been awful. Not worth the 10lbs I've lost....not worth it.

When can I expect to feel better?? I'm supposed to be on liquids for another week or so...I know I am literally starving myself b/c I cannot get the shakes down, but its either that or throw up, and I'm avoiding that at all cost!

Thanks for listening to this usually-upbeat girl face the biggest mountain of my life. If I could rip this thing out, I would!!

--Kim

Oh Kim I am so sorry you are not feeling well.

I would suggest trying gatorade to help with getting your electrolites back and if you find it too strong Water it down....ice or popsicles....it goes down slow but at least you are getting some liquid....juice is good cause then you are getting some sugar....meaning a bit of energy....do not worry about the calories at this time it is all about healing...I ate alot of butternut squash soup...smooth but hearty and yogurt especially greek yogurt....great Protein

Gas was bad for me too....however laying in bed is not a great idea....try just walking up and down your stairs every 30 mins....just to get stuff moving....gas x was my best friend during the gas pains. Once it starts moving it will feel better and increase your walking

I couldn't do Protein Shakes at all...I had and still sometimes feel naseau....I was told that my surgeon didn't put anything in my band however I had and still have some swelling and restriction....small sips...make sure it goes down then another sip

Keep in touch that's what we are here for

taylor

Also, can you drink regular (skim) milk? There were times I couldn't get the drinks down and my dietician said at least you get some Protein drinking milk (and you need the Protein for your energy). I loathe protein drinks; however, I was able to tolerate the alternate "recipe" my doc gave of 1 packet of the (no sugar added) carnation instant breakfast (comes in blue box), mixed w/ a cup of skim milk and 2 1/2 T of powdered milk added (for extra protein). It was similar to chocolate milk. Or if you could get slimfast down, that has a lot of nutrients too.

Everyone heals differently as I was up and about the next day and driving a couple days later, going to store, etc. You will be feeling good again soon and the regret will be a thing of the past.

Lastly, I would talk to your doctor. I know I get severe nausea from anesthesia so they put a patch behind my ear that helped tremendously. Maybe something like that would help you get through this to eat and get your strength back. You have to get some nutients and Water in you though. Please keep up posted and good luck.

Dawn and Taylor,

thanks for the kind words....and the advice! I am eating popsicles along the way, and yes, I love milk so I've done that, too. I have had some THIN cream-of-wheat for b'fast a couple mornings, maybe 1/3c worth - VERY SLOWLY, and today sherbet sounded good so I bought some and had maybe 1/2c worth. The sweet/cold thing is so soothiing.

I may try Slimfast...I have used that before and it was do'able. I did buy some Ensure, but GAG...can't do that, either. Tastes just like the Protein powder....

I will call the Dr. here shortly. I give up. If the nausea was nil, I'd be 90% I think.

Gas pains and pressure are pretty much done, I think...I did try to walk quite a bit.

I think sleeping is also a depression mechanism for me...and I AM depressed. Feeling so crummy is just so not me. I'd rather sleep it off. I've GOT to feel better by Thursday...we're hosting some friends for some lake/boat time and a cook-out after. Sure can't be a ZERO for that!!

Thanks for listening, ladies. Best to you in the days ahead!!

--Kim

I did talk to the nurse in my Surgeon's office. She is calling in a prescrip for Zofran...she said it works great. She says nausea this far out is unusual. Encouraged me to get in some creamed soups/broths, for extra calories. Cream of chicken sounds really good!! Tho I'd love to add some mashed potatoes! LOL I won't!!! :>)

So, here's hoping the meds will quell this sick stomach I'm feeling, and help me feel like myself again quick! I'll let you all know!

When did you have your surgery, I was nauseated a lot for the 1st week but now I'm fine. I also stopped taking my pain meds because that seem to make me even sicker. I hope you feel better soon, hang in there, it does get better!

I had my surgery on July 9th and almost 1 month in I am feeling great down 34lbs but I can totally feel restricted without a fill....so I do really have to watch what I eat and when....the stuck feeling is horrible....especially if I am not at home....having to excuse myself to spit it out....

Saw the doc today. Down another two pounds. So exciting!! Made a mush of chicken and yams. Looked yucky but tasted really good!!

Hi!!! I was banded on July 24, and since the surgery I'm down 10 lbs, I lost the 10 lbs in my first week and nothing since then, I'm starting to feel frustrated about it <_< my Dr. gave me a diet of 800 calories a day and I'm eating solid foods already, I'm not cheating and I'm drinking a lot of Water, I don't know why I can't lose more weight :mellow: