Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

I had mine 7/26 lost 9 lbs during the pre diet and only have lost 4 more so I think it's about normal. I can also eat just about anything but my doctor did not put resistance in the band and will not until hopefully the 20th. I get very hungry but am really being what I consider very good. It's hard because other than walking I have not been released to exercise. Don't get to frustrated from what I've read this seems to be normal. Hang in there. I went to the dr. on the 6th to have my staples removed and he seemed happy with my progress so that was something to make me feel better!

VOTE FOR JANELLE, ON SYTYCD-MY SURGEONS BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER!!!

I think it just takes time. I was at 10 lbs for a while and then all of a sudden I dropped about 4 more. And now I am just staying the same. I have no idea when I will get a fill but my surgery was July 16. I am still pretty sore in my stomach area but most of my energy has come back. And I am hungry!!

Keep up the good work. Hang in there!

My Dr. told me tht I'll have my first fill on week 6 since the surgery, I'm looking forward to it :)

I, too, had my surgery 7/25. Same thing. I have lost 14 lbs since sugery all in the first week and nothing this past week. I am excited about the weight I have lost but going a week without when I know I am eating minimal calories is frustrating. I know it will happen so I am trucking along. They were celebrating our CFO's birthday at work with two delicious looking bakery cakes.... I wished her happy birthday and went back to my desk. Sure wish I could have had a piece but my conscience is keeping me on track. Sent my daughter back to college yesterday and managed to go out to lunch and felt complete with my cup of Soup. We can do this!!! :)

Ladies,

I hate to keep banging an annoying drum here, but I am STILL sick as a dog!! My surgery was on July 31, so I'm at Day 10, I think...

I CANNOT tolerate the Protein Shakes AT ALL...but am desperate for something filling. I've tried a few SMALL bites of things, including some grilled Mahi fish -- I had MAYBE an oz worth, and a couple green beans...(that was yesterday), and have been sick ever since.

I know it is cautioned to NOT VOMIT, but I honestly can't help but wonder if I would feel better if I just could....its a constant "its right there" feeling...I'm afraid to breathe too deep, rolling over feels like I'm riding a wave...

I have talked to the dietician...she recommended I stick w/ liquids for a few more days. Problem is, I cannot stomach the shakes. NO WAY. I felt my tummy lurch when it gets near my nose....

anyone EVER HEARD of this kind of issue this far out? It is not pain-med related....haven't taken those for a week.

I am begging God for mercy and a miracle...either help me or kill me. Twelve pounds down, and it is NOT worth it. My family wants me back.

Please tell me this will pass...I am feeling really scared!!

--Kim

BTW, I'm truly happy for each of you who are on your way!! I know the positive stories WAY out-weigh the negatives...just never in my life thought "I" would be one of the horror stories!!

As we say here is the South, Bless your heart. I hate that you are still feeling so bad. Ask your doctor if you can have sherbert or frozen yogurt, it was on my liquid diet. Maybe it will help. I would say drink some giner ale but the carbonation would not be good. Ginger is suppose to help relieve nausea so maybe there is something else.

Hope you feel better very soon!

Thank you, Linda.

It occured to me yesterday - FINALLY - that much of my problem could be due to the fact that I have not had a spontaneous/productive BM in over two weeks.

I know I am severely dehydrated, and w/ all the nausea, afraid to drink much...so that complicates things significantly.

I went to CVS at 4am today and bought an enema kit...came home, followed all the instructions, and NOTHING. All I got back was the fluid!!

Severe stomach pains and nausea. I'm sure its a collection of issues.

So, I've got an appt w/ my surgeon in 25 minutes - better get moving! - (oh boy, if only! ha)...and would love to think he'll just hook me up to some fluids, and maybe a powerful laxative and I'll be on my way to well.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'll let you all know how it pans out. But take it from me -- DRINK YOUR FLUIDS!!

Yep could be, I had that also the dr said the anesthesia causes it so I used laxatives and started drinking more Water. I'm still not drinking enough or even as much as I was pre op, have to make myself drink anything.

Two weeks out and my allergic reaction is beginning to heal (; there are still some bad places where my skin was torn due to it but it is getting better. Now the most pain I have is in my back which I've had that for years and around the two main incisions the port and where they put in the band itself. Those places are sore and I can see them clearly under my skin. Please someone tell me the soreness gets better!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We have had a very roof two weeks, hoping August will get better fast!

I'm sorry that you are still in pain, I did not suffer any pain at all, only the shoulder pain from the gas but lasted 2-4 hours for 2 days and that was all, I'm having problems with losing lbs. I'm still at 10 lbs lost.

I want to start doing exercise, but I'm afraid that the sweat will infect my incisions, one of them is not healing well, but doesn't hurt.

About the not losing weight, yesterday I was thinking that all of this was just a waste of money, I'm eating just as I was told and still I'm not losing weight, I need this to work for me, I paid for my surgery and I need to see results, sorry to vent I know it's going to happen but all my family is watching me and I'm getting anxious

It will happen. I have been stuck at the same weight for a week. Also, I am struggling w/ family asking have I lost weight, etc. They do not understand it doesn't just "fall" off like for bypass surgery and I have educated them on the fact that I have essentially no restriction now and won't for a couple months (or so) until I have had the appropriate amount of fills. They didn't understand that either. It's hard when you know your family is watching you, but in some regards, it helps keep you on track. My kids and fiance are fine but parents, and friends think it is just supposed to melt off in a few weeks.

Good luck to you! I am constantly reading all the success stories on here and believe it does work just requires some patience (which can be a challenge).

Slow and steady wins the race! I think this will be our motivation

BTW I was eating lunch and food got stuck it was horrible!!! I thought I was going to die :'(

Good morning...

another rough night, but moving this morning. Barely, but moving. I know I am not eating enough. Just not sure what I 'can' eat at this juncture...I've asked my husband to field the call from my dr, who is supposed to be calling this AM...my hubby always knows what to ask.

At this rate, I've been losing a pound a day....and it is not worth it. I am starving, but afraid to eat.

I did make and eat about 1/4c cream of wheat, with a tiny bit of butter and a little sugar. LITTLE sugar. Just enough to make it palatable.

What I really want is a big bowl of Cereal, with COLD milk.

So, still fighting the nausea and praying it will ease up. I'm so sick of being 'down' - in every way. This is just so NOT ME, and I want "me" back!! So does my family.

I've got to really concentrate on drinking more....not enough of that going on either. Sipping is hard, esp when you just feel so thirsty. Cold drinks have not bothered me at all...much preferred to warm things.

So, praying for more relief today. Need to get out and walk a little, too..might help.

Thanks for the good thoughts...best to all of you!

--Kim

Have rounded a corner today. Went and got some Taco Bell ref. Beans & cheese...tasted SO GOOD.

Got permission from my surgeon for some mushy foods...that really hit the spot!! Makes me feel human again....tummy still isn't 100%, but the Beans did not make me feel worse in any way! YEA!!!

Starting to feel "Human" again, and my hope is restored. I was beginning to think I would NEVER feel good again, or would ever eat some of my favorite things (mexican!! - I am so so so thankful I had my first taste today and know its not off the list!! -- IN MODERATION, of course, but not off the list!!) Beans are great Protein, so I take much comfort in that!!

Upped my liquid intake, too...including a little more "Vitamin Water ZERO" citrus flavor...i was sorta dehydrated, so that didn't help.

anyway, thanks all, for the good vibes. Happy to be back among the living and on my way to being back w/ my family!!

BTW, I did update my ticker....my beginning weight now reflects what the clinic reported the day I started the liquid diet. In case it looked fishy...

--Kim

good to hear that you are feeling better!!

I'm still not losing weight, and I don't feel restriction anymore, I'm so frustrated and keep thinking this was just a waste of money :( I'm hungry all the time and nothing keeps me full, what am I doing wrong? my Dr. said that my first fill will be in a couple of weeks, I just need to know that I'm going to be able to loose the weight I don't want to be the exception :(

Lucy, I'm new to all this, too...so I'm not expert (and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!! lol), but some of the questions I've seen come 'round:

1. WHAT are you eating? Are you eating enough Protein??? This is my personal downfall. I was not a big Protein eater before...eating more NOW is not just happening by osmosis....it is a CONSCIOUS decision/choice. meat, Beans, etc....

2. Are you drinking enough? Learning to drink OUTSIDE a meal is challenging for me...i love drinking WITH my meals (learning this is NOT a good idea!)...still, sipping between meals has to be better than not at all!!

3. Are you MOVING??

GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME. If you're like me, you were hoping for a magic "pill" that would just stop your hand from grabbing something and cramming it down your throat...it ain't gonna work like that. "Grazing" is my middle name...I'm having to learn (the hard way) that BITES, LICKS AND TASTES add up - and right now, I have had one lick too many today...feeling it in my gut big time.

So, you have to get your MIND wrapped around WHAT YOU ARE EATING, WHY you are eating, WHEN you are eating....and focus on those answers.

I knows its true that PROTEIN is my friend. I, personally, have to find a happy way to get it in. I cannot stomach the Protein Shakes anymore...ohmyword. Talk about the puke tremors....wow....so, no, that isn't going to work for me. But maybe some canned chicken, mixed with a LITTLE bit of cr of chicken Soup? Or a tiny bit of BBQ Sauce? ? Condiments in minimal doses, but whatever it takes to get it in.

So, hopefully a few quesitons to answer your questions....??? I'm soooooooooooo learning all this...I just started MUSHY foods this weekend. My Dr took OUT some Fluid last week b/c I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nauseated, for about 10 days straight...I've finally rounded a corner, but for me, trick is to take it SLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW.....hard for a grazer/crammer....

IT CAN BE DONE.

Have you visited this site:

(tried a link; was denied) its called "Banded Living" so look for banded living dot com.

These gals, Sandi and Gloria, have seen it all...check in there and see if you find some add'l help. I have posted a couple times, and "Sandi" answered...and set me straight. They ain't there to "pet" you....they'll give it to you straight-up...but that's what we Foodies need, isn't it???

HANG IN THERE...it WAS worth it. Do the right things and you'll see the reward!

--Kim