Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It seems like some doctors like to keep people overnight, and others would rather have them out the door as soon as they are awake.

I'm so excited for you Rebecca! You will do great!! Can't wait till its done already! I hate feeling scared and nervous! Anxiety is the worst. So glad that you get to go home though!

I am home from the hospital again for the 2nd time. They removed 3cc from my band. I couldn't even get Water down. I found out on the very first night of being banded what it feels like to be "stuck" and it is not pleasant. I couldn't even get my pain meds down. The reason they had to remove the Fluid from my band surgically was because of the band just having been put into place yesterday. It would have been to had on me for them to do it the normal way with all the swelling and soreness from the surgery yesterday.

I am home. Took some pain meds and took a nap. I was able to drink about 1/3 of a Protein Shake and been eating Sonic Ice. I go back to the Dr. in 2 weeks.

Good luck inkgurl; glad you are home again Twins!

I believe Shirley had a very rare complication with her slip. The chances of a slip killing you is very very low,infinitesimal really.

There are risks with everything in life, but for me, the risk of dying from obesity is much higher than dying from a lap band complication.

Who's Shirley? Sorry to ask but what happened?

I'm in. Got the heparin shot in the abdomen. Have my I.v. In. I'm still nervous and scared! I'm doing this, I'm really doing this! I've got about an hour before I go into the o.r.

Hope your ok ink girl! Let us know how ur feeling!

Im home...the ride was murder...its about a 40 min ride normally, but with rush hour took about 1 hr 10 mins..but so many bumps and so much stop and go..i was extremely nauseas. Hubby dropped me off at home and went to fill my prescriptions...im not hurting too bad now except the gas...i burped alot yesterday, but not so much today, and when i got home i finally had a BM and had some gas that way too lol. So that helped relieve the gas pain a little. Due to take the loratab right now at 7..but he isnt back yet..pain isnt too bad though so ill be ok to wait. Plan to take the meds on schedule at least through sunday, then will take it as needed..im worried if i let the pain get too bad and then take it, it wont be enough to stop the pain.

Question tho..did anyone here have staples instead of stitches on your incisions? I didnt even realize til today when a bandaid started to come off that i had staples lol. I go tuesday to see surgeion and get them removed.

I had no staples, I had stitches inside, then outside there was super glue(liquid adhesive)..LOL...I am ten days out. I have been reading all the posts

I did not post much until the past day...

I had all the gas, chest, shoulder, back, head pain.....the area around the port is sooo tender still....when I bend over, the port site is pulling and catching in the port area. I was told that the port is stitched to the abdomen muscles and the pulling and catching is the result of the abd muscles healing around the port.

I have taken one percoset...that was on the day I left the hospital(I stayed overnight)

I had a Q pump and that helped for three days after I came home.

Right now I am fighting to get the required daily Protein in....I find I have not found that Protein Shake that i can do the whole bottle..I am trying...but failing at that...

I was not filled at time of surgery..will be filled May 18th...scared a bit as without the fill, I cannot eat much..I get discomfort to pain when I do eat...I am sure that is why they want us to go the protein shakes..

I have lost 14 pounds since April 18th, so that is good..

Best of Luck to all

Marlene

Does anyone have any tips for nausea? I took the nausea pill I was prescribed but It's not going away... My stomach is all rumbly :-(

Eggzy' date=' my gas pains are all but gone today. Something that seemed to help me was laying down with my legs propped up higher than my chest. I hope you start feeling better soon![/quote']

I have a heat Pac on my lower belly

Day 3 seems to be the worst for pain.

Nooo don't tell me that

I wound up back at the hospital for different pain meds. I am day 8 today, and I think I'm finally done with the narcotic meds.

I didnt get anything for nausea..she never asked if i felt any nausea..and had she asked i would have said no cuz it didnt start til i got in the car..and i have it now after i took my loratab. its not so bad that im worried about vomiting, its subtle..but if in morning i still have it i will call doc

Try liquid gravol.

Out of surg, and the nurse said I'm doing good. Pain in my chest from the air is bad.still groggy though.