Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well since my last post I'm down to 212lbs I'm so close to ONEderland :)

However since my last fill on July 19th eying has become pure misery. I cant drink large amounts at one time, I'm eating maybe 3/4cup of food and I'm throwing up pretty much after each meal.

Recently I've been experiencing a pain while I eat and burp ALOT after food. Can the restriction cause gas or indigestion. Anyone else experience this?

I've not experienced a band that is too tight, but this does sound like what may be going on with you. I'd get in contact with my surgeon ASAP and let them evaluate your situation.

Not only is this situation possibly interfering with your nutrition and hydration, but you may also be harming your band.

I had those same symptoms after a fill on Tues and by that night it was hard to get a shake down. Wednesday I couldn' t even drink watervwithout condtant burping. I threw up most of the day. Went to Dr. Where they removed 1/2 of the fillvgiven to me on Tues. I drank Water okay, however not even an 45 minutes or so later, I was throwing up anything I tried to drink. Back to the Dr. Within that same hour. Rest of Tuesdays fill removed. Was abke to drink some water but was already feeling the shoulder pain I get from being "stuck". They then did an xray to find: my band had slipped! So......for the 3rd time that day I was stuck with a needle to remove ALL of my fill to empty my band. I have to stay empty for 6 weeks. They will recheck with another xray in 2 weeks. I am to stick to 5 or 6 small meals ( avoud big meals) and take motrin twice a day...to reduce inflammation. Wow! I was surprised that my band had slipped. Guess thatsvwhy all the puking.

I hope your band hasn't slipped but it may be too tight, for sure.

Sorry for all my above typos. The letters on my cell phone are too close together so I wind up hitting the wrong letters.

Hello everyone hope use are all doing great since my last post. Well since my last fill I can tell im on green zone already I eat less then what I use to and I dnt get hungry like I use too. Still in the mornings I have to have a Protein Shake because my band is a lil tight in the morning. I also cant eat chicken because it gets stuck. But other than that I am doin great

Hello everyone hope use are all doing great since my last post. Well since my last fill I can tell im on green zone already I eat less then what I use to and I dnt get hungry like I use too. Still in the mornings I have to have a Protein Shake because my band is a lil tight in the morning. I also cant eat chicken because it gets stuck. But other than that I am doin great

Please help !!!!Had a fill today after my fill doctor had me drink a little glass of Water an it went down fine. But now that I m home I can not keep anything down not even liquid its like everything goes down but just sits there and the comes back up. Does this mean that I am too tight.

Please help !!!!Had a fill today after my fill doctor had me drink a little glass of Water an it went down fine. But now that I m home I can not keep anything down not even liquid its like everything goes down but just sits there and the comes back up. Does this mean that I am too tight.

Yes, it seems to me that your band is too tight. And you need to be careful to not become dehydrated.

Have you tried to slowly drink a warm/hot as you can tolerate beverage, such as a cup of tea? Warm beverages can sometimes help to loosen a tight band. Also, I know that as my level of stress increases, so does the tightness of my band.

Your surgeon's office should have someone on call for the practice to address potential emergency situations. I would get in contact with them ASAP for additional directions and advice.

I hope you feel better fast...take care.

Yes' date=' it seems to me that your band is too tight. And you need to be careful to not become dehydrated.

Have you tried to slowly drink a warm/hot as you can tolerate beverage, such as a cup of tea? Warm beverages can sometimes help to loosen a tight band. Also, I know that as my level of stress increases, so does the tightness of my band.

Your surgeon's office should have someone on call for the practice to address potential emergency situations. I would get in contact with them ASAP for additional directions and advice.

I hope you feel better fast...take care.[/quote']

Thank you sojourner for the advice.called my surgeons office have an appointment in the am

Thank you sojourner for the advice.called my surgeons office have an appointment in the am

I'm glad you got in contact with your surgeon's office...and I really hope you feel better fast!

I haven't posted on any forum for several months now, I've been doing good! I am down 40lbs and was banded 2/17/12. I think I'm a bit unique here in that I have a 5cc band. Also I have only had 1 fill. (which took two appointments 2 weeks apart). I've learned to eat only when I'm HUNGRY! My "tightness" or restriction varies on some days which is a bit annoying. Like lots of people, I'm usually tighter in the morning.

I've been getting myself into trouble when I try to push myself to go longer before eatting, which I know I shouldn't do.. not only do I physically feel weakened but then when I'm ravinous I want to eat a ton! So I end up eating too fast and/or too much on a stomach that is "tight", not a good thing!! One way to avoid this is to obviously eat before I get that hungry.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else cheats on the liquids before eatting, and how do you think it's affecting you? I drink Water before I eat if I'm super hungry, not so that I can eat more, but it "primes" my pouch if it's been a long time since the last meal. If I don't do this, I will get sick.

What;s your experence with liquids affecting your band?

I haven't posted on any forum for several months now, I've been doing good! I am down 40lbs and was banded 2/17/12. I think I'm a bit unique here in that I have a 5cc band. Also I have only had 1 fill. (which took two appointments 2 weeks apart). I've learned to eat only when I'm HUNGRY! My "tightness" or restriction varies on some days which is a bit annoying. Like lots of people, I'm usually tighter in the morning.

I've been getting myself into trouble when I try to push myself to go longer before eatting, which I know I shouldn't do.. not only do I physically feel weakened but then when I'm ravinous I want to eat a ton! So I end up eating too fast and/or too much on a stomach that is "tight", not a good thing!! One way to avoid this is to obviously eat before I get that hungry.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else cheats on the liquids before eatting, and how do you think it's affecting you? I drink Water before I eat if I'm super hungry, not so that I can eat more, but it "primes" my pouch if it's been a long time since the last meal. If I don't do this, I will get sick.

What;s your experence with liquids affecting your band?

I was not aware of any rule about drinking prior to eating a meal...my surgeon never advised me that there was one!

I am not allowed to drink anything until a full hour after a meal, so for me it's important to be properly hydrated prior to eating a meal.

Good to read that you are doing well...

I do drink before, during and even after meals. It does not mske me eat any more than my portion. I hzve to be able to sip on something at least. Otherwise I feel like I'm so dry. Some have problems with it, but it works for me.

I just wanted to touch base and give a quick update! It has been a while since I posted under February Bandsters! I am feeling wonderful and very excited. I now weigh 176lb and had to buy some new pants. Yes I bought a size 12 and was grinning :rolleyes: like a fool in the dressing room. The feeling was AWESOME! I was feeling really down the last couple of month but since I broke the 180 mark it seems I am back on track and feel great! A talk with the good doc brought my spirits up as well.

I am just taking one day at a time. I still keep a food diary which I know really helps me. I am running 3 times a week and do some sort of exercise every day.

I hope everyone else is doing great!!

Glad everyone is doing well.. I also haven't posted for awhile.. I was on vacation to meet my new grandson,which was awesome! I lost 7 pounds while I was gone, so that was good.. I'm down now between 156 and 157,the scales keep changing between those two numbers daily, but still real happy where I am.. My dr. goal for me was 150, so I don't have to far to go for him, but have a feeling it's going to take awhile, since the scales have been the same for almost 3 weeks now. My goal for myself is 140, so 16 pounds to go for me. I'm taking things real slow, still watching and writing down everything I eat, I exercise 5 day's a week now instead of 6 and keep my calories the same been 600 and 800 . I purchased my first size 8 jeans over the weekend, one fits fine, the other a little tight, but I'm happy.. Just like yellowrose88 I danced all over the fitting room and talked about it for 2 days, to hubby... Real happy where I am and where I'm going!!