Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Feb Bandsters, Hope everyone is doing great. I went for my 6 month checkup yesterday. I am down 63 lbs and my BMI is now at 32. I started at 42 so that was exciting news to hear. I got a fill of .25cc so now I am at 6.5cc's. I hope to get out of the 180's soon but can't seem to break them. I have been stuck at 186 for a couple weeks. I am keeping my calories between 800-1000 per day and exercising so I am not sure what I can do to break that weight. Any suggestions would be helpful.... HELP???

Hello Feb Bandsters....

Just had to share...took my handicapped son to a new Dr today and they needed a weight on him....every one in the office looked at me and said...your the smallest you weigh yourself first then hold CJ....i did happily get on the scale. ( a yr ago Id of died and even wouldnt of been able to hold him over my bellie )... i was proud when it said 169 the nurse said oh the dreaded scale...and I smiled to my self thinking not any more....small mile stones !!!

Went for my 4 month checkup yesterday. Doctor says I am losing right on schedule and that I am doing great. Got .5cc fill for a total of 6cc's.

He says my band will hold approx 12cc's but most people that he has seen reach their green zone between 6cc & 9cc. So I hope I am getting close to mine. I have been tight since fill yesterday so we will see. Only doing Protein Shakes and greek yogurt for today. Hope everyone else from Feb is doing good.

great to hear you are doing well. ive got 12cc band in as well, ive got 3 1/2 fill at five months. ive had 1/2 taken out of a 1 cc fill as it was too tight. Im noticing that im eating just a small amount.. the smallest bread and butter plate size... but im getting hungry again just before the four hours. I dont want anymore than the 1/2 put back that was taken out. The way ive been with fills i cant imagine being about to go as far as 6 even, but we will see. i have a cruise coming up in early nov... concerned about that as well.

So I was 6 months out of surgery had lost 60 pounds and hit a wall. Did not really want another fill and a friend introduced me to a 24 day wellness challenge and it kicked started me to lose 12 more pounds in 24 days without a fill. LOVE IT Inbox me if you want to know more. Oh and my wife was looking to lose 10 pounds and she lostt 11 and gained muscle on the same plan

So I'm still seem to be doing well with my lap band. The vomiting is few and far between. My husband believes its the way I am eating (mainly eating to fast). I am 7 lbs away from , 3lbs away from my half way mark and I am so happy. I have yet to buy new pants but I am getting to the point that they barley stay on. However I did have a pile of pants at the bottom of the closet that I hoped to one day would fit in again and that day is now :) I started at a size 22 and now I'm in a size 18 with wiggle room. I also have some size 16s that Im holding on to maybe once I leave 200 I will be able to get into them. Their are days that I just can't believe how well this lap band is working for me and it's a choice I will never regret. I hope everyone else is doing well and seeing results.

post-326778-13813140314762_thumb.jpg

Okay, so here I am again, got a 2 cc fill back a month ago, so I'm now at 6 cc in an 11 cc band. I SHOULD be feeling restriction, right? NO!!!

I have lost according to my scale a total of 35 pounds. According to theirs, 30. Not enough from February to September! But here is my point - and I KNOW I should not be eating this stuff, but just to prove a point:

For dinner tonight, I had a hot dog with a bun, a spoonful of potato salad, a spoonful of macaroni salad, a spoonful of baked Beans, and an ear of corn. For dessert, I had a brownie and a half a piece of eclair cake. YES I KNOW it is all the wrong stuff - but should I be able to eat that much with 6 cc in an 11 cc band? I am so TOTALLY frustrated that I think I am trying to eat just to see how much I can eat - and it's a lot!!!

Can anyone shed some light on what I should do, or is anyone else having this trouble? I really am feeling like I should have never got this band, because it has helped me NADA!!!!

HELP!!!

Okay, so here I am again, got a 2 cc fill back a month ago, so I'm now at 6 cc in an 11 cc band. I SHOULD be feeling restriction, right? NO!!!

I have lost according to my scale a total of 35 pounds. According to theirs, 30. Not enough from February to September! But here is my point - and I KNOW I should not be eating this stuff, but just to prove a point:

For dinner tonight, I had a hot dog with a bun, a spoonful of potato salad, a spoonful of macaroni salad, a spoonful of baked Beans, and an ear of corn. For dessert, I had a brownie and a half a piece of eclair cake. YES I KNOW it is all the wrong stuff - but should I be able to eat that much with 6 cc in an 11 cc band? I am so TOTALLY frustrated that I think I am trying to eat just to see how much I can eat - and it's a lot!!!

Can anyone shed some light on what I should do, or is anyone else having this trouble? I really am feeling like I should have never got this band, because it has helped me NADA!!!!

HELP!!!

I believe it would help if you went back to "Square 1", "Step 1"...and begin by measuring your portions. You understand the poor choices you are making, and that's a major piece of the success puzzle.

You have to get back in the front of your thinking that you need to focus on lean Proteins and basic Fiber carbs for meals, and measure what you are eating. If you get hungry between meals, start drinking your fluids you should have daily...there are many FF/SF choices out there. I prefer Water.

Distract yourself with projects, a book, exercise...whatever will help refocus your thoughts away from food that doesn't involve eating...

It reads to me that you have strayed back to some older behaviors which contributed to your obesity...it only takes your focus and motivation to reverse this trend.

Best wishes...

HELP!!!

I have read there is a possibility that you can stretch out the top part of your stomach which can allow you to eat alot more and bascially makes the lapband pointless. That is why it is so important to measure all your food and stop at 1 cup. You may want to speak with you DR. or consider starting from the beginning,.

Update: I noticed my last blog has some errors...lol!!

As of Sept 7, 2012 I have offically lost 50 lbs.. YIPPEE :D I am only 3 lbs away from breaking out of the 200's. I couldn't be more happier and to make my day even better I fit into my size 16 jeans... They felt so nice and I looked so good. I love seeing my old body and I'm pumped to see what another 30lbs gone will look like :D

I am in ONEderland!!! OMG! :o:)

Just thought i would share. 56lbs GONE!

WTG luvbug!!! You are doing amazing.

I am in ONEderland!!! OMG! :o:)

Just thought i would share. 56lbs GONE!

Congrats! That is fantastic!! :)

Congrat so to all!! Everyone is doing great..

I'm at week 34 as of yesterday and I've lost 120 pds from my surgery date.. A a total of 134pds from Jan..

I am 4 pds from my goal wt. I'm 1 pd less then my first goal wt and 6 pds down from what my dr's goal wt is..

I've gotten into my first pair fo size 4 jeans, but think I will probably stay mostly at a 6 but those 4's are real nice, lol!!

I haven't cheated once, but plan on in Nov sinces it's my birthday, but only that day..

Wishing everyone much success!!

Congrat so to all!! Everyone is doing great..

I'm at week 34 as of yesterday and I've lost 120 pds from my surgery date.. A a total of 134pds from Jan..

I am 4 pds from my goal wt. I'm 1 pd less then my first goal wt and 6 pds down from what my dr's goal wt is..

I've gotten into my first pair fo size 4 jeans' date=' but think I will probably stay mostly at a 6 but those 4's are real nice, lol!!

I haven't cheated once, but plan on in Nov sinces it's my birthday, but only that day..

Wishing everyone much success!![/quote']

Could you give any advice our tell me what your typical day is like? How much and what you do for exercise. I'm being banded next Friday 10-12.

Went yesterday for my 8 month check up. I am doing good but I am concerned that I am only losing 3 to 5 lbs per month for the last couple of months. I know the band is a slower process but I am getting discouraged. My doctor says I am doing great though because I have never had a gain. I am having some Constipation problems and he feels something is going on so I have to have a colonoscopy on Nov. 6th. Then of course he reminded me that I was 50 yrs old so we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. LOL..... I feel good and that's the most important thing and I am still losing so hoping to be at my 100 lbs lost mark by my anniversary on Feb 16th. Hope everyone else is doing good. Please keep me posted on how you all are doing. Take Care, Teresa