Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, after 3 long months, I get my first fill today. I'm a little nervous, but I guess everyone is before their first one. My doc hasn't really talked much about the diet after, hope he covers it today. Whats everyone else had to do? I am hoping this fill will get the scale moving again. In the past month I have lost just over one pound. So close to being in the 100's...

I haven't been on for a while and I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was banded on 22 Feb and had my first fill on 5 April. I haven't lost as much as I would have liked by now. I know I need to be patient, but I feel like I have been waiting for this time in my life forever! My next fill is on 17 May and I know I definitely need it. I can eat things that others I have talked to cannot. Again, I know everybody is different but I can eat rice, Pasta, etc. Anybody else still able to eat this stuff? I only eat it in moderation though and not every day. I do have a really difficult time with any type of bread and sometimes hamburger. I have switched to ground turkey and that seems to have solved the hamburger problem. I just feel UGH... any advice?

If you are eating carbs such as rice and pasta on a regular basis, that alone could possibly derail your weight loss. Eating properly with the band means (at least as advised by my surgeon) that every meal consists of 3 oz of high quality Protein, and 2 oz of a Fiber carb (for me fresh fruit, vegetables, sometimes I steam the veggies). Our ideal diet should be very low in carbs, and they need to be healthy ones.

Unless the pasta is whole wheat , it would not meet the nutritional requirements we are supposed to abide by. I have not had any pasta or bread since weeks prior to my surgery. Another important note is that we should avoid all the "white" foods (sugar, bread, rice, etc.) as these are over processed and have little nutritional value and the body converts them almost immediately to sugar after eaten.

down 58 pounds in 15 weeks and feel great

I need some advice from my fellow Feb bandsters. I am stuck at the same weight now for 3 weeks and can't seem to break this plateau. I am walking 2 to 3 miles a day and doing weights. My calories stay between 900 and 1100 per day and I am drinking about 100 ozs of Water a day. Anyone out there have any solutions I might be able to try. HELP!!!!

Tee ...sounds like your doing all the right things...maybe try switching up your menu or switching your exercise .....Good Luck !

I need some advice from my fellow Feb bandsters. I am stuck at the same weight now for 3 weeks and can't seem to break this plateau. I am walking 2 to 3 miles a day and doing weights. My calories stay between 900 and 1100 per day and I am drinking about 100 ozs of Water a day. Anyone out there have any solutions I might be able to try. HELP!!!!

The same plateau has happened to me...and it lasted for over a month. I found that adjusting the calories or changing up exercise did not help. I focused on maintaining compliance, and the scale has finally started to move again...

Jean McMillan has just posted an informative article in the magazine section of the forum (at least it was there yesterday...) that addresses this topic.

This journey has taught me the patience that has eluded me for years...taking a day at a time, and recognizing that the weight did not appear quickly, nor will it be lost rapidly.

Dee has some good thoughts to share also...sorry that I am not of more help!

All good things in time :)!

Take care, and continued success...

I go in Wednesday for what will be my third fill. I have not gained any weight but no loss this month. I did find I was able to eat quite a bit more than a cup if I was not careful and measured my food. I'm kinds bummed about it. I'm working out four times a week and I eat around 900 to 1100 calories with 60 to 80 grams of Protein.

The same plateau has happened to me...and it lasted for over a month. I found that adjusting the calories or changing up exercise did not help. I focused on maintaining compliance, and the scale has finally started to move again...

Jean McMillan has just posted an informative article in the magazine section of the forum (at least it was there yesterday...) that addresses this topic.

This journey has taught me the patience that has eluded me for years...taking a day at a time, and recognizing that the weight did not appear quickly, nor will it be lost rapidly.

Dee has some good thoughts to share also...sorry that I am not of more help!

All good things in time :)!

Take care, and continued success...

Thank You for the link... I did read that and it has helped me. Patience is the key and continue hard work.

I hear you! I had the same thing happen but today I weighed in and have lost 4lbs. I was losing 0 for over 3 weeks so its such a great feeling to know THAT, cause I'm sure there will be more, is over with. Hang in there, reading a lot of the same stories as yours so the positive thing to get from that is we are doing all the right things because we are, for the most part, all having the same reactions.

Im on the tight rope here so I lost 6lbs right. Then gained 2lbs now i lost 3 lbs. What had happened was I've been riding my bicycle 3-4 miles 5-6 times per week. BUT I was being greedy after I found out I was in Onderland then I got kicked out. But now Im back in im eating like a baby bird and my pitbull eats whatever I dont finish.

I had California chicken Cafe yesterday almost had an episode because I got a whole wheat pita and that thang got stuck. My eyes watered and I sat there til it passed. I found I am only able to eat a quarter of the chicken breast now. Also I am drinking a lot of Water I bought some Mio and it really is tasty.

LOVE Mio. It has really helped me with the Water intake challenge. The lemonade and blueberry lemonade are great. If you want caffiene them the black cherry is awesome. I have it in the mornings in place of coffee.< /p>

Someone else also posted about "Fruit 2 O"...about 50% of the Water I drink every day is that brand. I like the grape and peach flavors the best. My dietitian looked over the label and said it was a good choice for post op hydration.

It is day 2 of post fill...managing hunger by drinking ~90 oz of fluids a day. Returning to mushies tomorrow!

Today marks 4 months post op and I am 46lbs DOWN! I am at 300 exactly...soon I will be in the 200's, somewhere I havnt been in almost 10 years. To know that I will never be in the 300's again was so emotional for me this morning I just broke down crying. I seen it numerous time on the forums but its true.....the only thing I would of changed with this surgery is to of done it sooner!

Today I reached ONEDERLAND and I hope to never go back out of it. It feels so good to accomplish such amazing results. Tomorrow will be my 4 month check up and fill so looking forward to seeing how much of a fill I get and to see how it will work this time. Hope everyone is doing good....

Congrats everyone. I am also in Onderland. Woot woot!