Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my 2nd fill last week as well..I think my next fill in may will be my last.they have been filling me slowly...and omg yes I am super bruised over my port area..wonderful why....im not complaining though because since my surgery feb 17th I have lost 52 pounds.....:)

I got a fill last wednesday and I think I may be in my sweet spot,but time will tell. I am staying full from my meals 4.5-5 hours. I have a huge bruise over my port from the fill. Anyone else getting bruised?

i had a huge bruise that covered a lot of area when it was implanted. i havent had a fill yet. got one coming up on the 9th May. 20 days to go .

Going for my second fill on friday. First one was a very small amount and I didn't really feel anything. Next one will be more so keeping my fingers crossed that I will feel some restriction. Been really hungry and having a hard time some days. Very happy with everything though all in all.

Going for my second fill on friday. First one was a very small amount and I didn't really feel anything. Next one will be more so keeping my fingers crossed that I will feel some restriction. Been really hungry and having a hard time some days. Very happy with everything though all in all.

im glad that you are having your second fill. I think my first fill with be about 3 ccs. not real sure though. i have a 10 cc's band, and think the dr just spreads the fills over 12 months. i cant wait to have mine. im really hungry as well. Plus im getting cross over how quickly my family wolf down their food... its gross. i used to be like that., my goodness me.

I have a 10cc one too and there was 2.6cc in it already and they only added 0.4 with the first fill. This time they will add 1cc the nurse told me. Before when they added the small amount i was feeling satisfied for a couple of hours and wasn't as hungry as I am now.

I have a 10cc one too and there was 2.6cc in it already and they only added 0.4 with the first fill. This time they will add 1cc the nurse told me. Before when they added the small amount i was feeling satisfied for a couple of hours and wasn't as hungry as I am now.

so you had some fill in your band when it was inserted ?? i had none.. they are starting from zero. i dont like feeling hungry after a couple of hours. it tends to make me totally preoccupied with food. im hoping that the first fill will help me a lot.Are you living far from your drs rooms? im nearly two hours travel each way.

I wasn't sure if there was any in it until i went for the first one and then the doctor told me. Feeling hungry is difficult. I had a bad spell where I totally fell off the plan during the easter weekend. Stress and pms and all I thought about was food. I did find that I had some restriction with the little that was in there so I would say that it was definitely helpful for me and when I over ate and fell off the plan I didn't gain anything so I think it actually did help and I didn't really eat as much as it felt like. if that makes sense. It is a journey and I was happy with myself that I did not let the slip up get me down too much because in the past that would have made me just feel like giving up. This time I got back into the whole plan again after a couple of days. The doctor is not too far away from me about 40 mins each way. I am only guessing but I would think that going from nothing to 3 you would notice something for sure. When do you get to go? Must be very excited for it.

I wasn't sure if there was any in it until i went for the first one and then the doctor told me. Feeling hungry is difficult. I had a bad spell where I totally fell off the plan during the easter weekend. Stress and pms and all I thought about was food. I did find that I had some restriction with the little that was in there so I would say that it was definitely helpful for me and when I over ate and fell off the plan I didn't gain anything so I think it actually did help and I didn't really eat as much as it felt like. if that makes sense. It is a journey and I was happy with myself that I did not let the slip up get me down too much because in the past that would have made me just feel like giving up. This time I got back into the whole plan again after a couple of days. The doctor is not too far away from me about 40 mins each way. I am only guessing but I would think that going from nothing to 3 you would notice something for sure. When do you get to go? Must be very excited for it.

yes, im wondering now how much different it will be. Im so glad that you were able to put those couple of down days over Easter behind you. I agree.. your band was helping you even then although you didnt feel like it was . The same as me. i had two days of eating jubes and craving sugar... just out of the blue. Like you though i never put any weight on, and im really grateful for that.

Being hungry like ive had this last week and over easter was bad. Im feeling heaps better now though, im back on meat. its a month now since i was banded. the nutritionalist said that i should have been on thicker foods before this. Easter coming in the middle of appointments and me having to cancel was a bother.

40 minutes is pretty good. i would love to have mine that far away. Its a big day away for us now having to drive to the city. nevermind, its something i knew i was taking on when i decided to have the operation, i just have to grin and bear it. lol.

Im wondering now... perhaps i may only get 2?? i have a 10 so they wouldnt go past 8 , surely. i do know that im waiting in the drs office for at least an hour after ive had the fill.... im not leaving anything to chance after having the fill. i need to have enough time in the waiting room sipping on fluids to know that everything goes down o.k.

Hi, I haven't checked in here in a while. My operation was on Feb. 16th and so far I am down 21 lbs. which is really good for me. I had my 2nd fill a week ago but the dr. had a lot of trouble with it. As it turns out my port has flipped or tilted somewhat. He stitches them in place but I told him one time in bed when I was turning over I felt something pop so he is going to do a procedure where he puts some kind of mesh around it to hold it in place. Just an outpatient procedure. He said he'd do it in about 4-6 wks so he could do my 3rd fill at the same time. I'm not too worried about it as I know of others where this has happened to. I am amazed at how well I am following all the new routines. I have also gotten in the habit of recording all my daily calories and Protein which helps me so much. I usually average around 750 calories which I know is low but that is the only way I can lose. 1000 and over is too much for me. Guess it was the years of dieting plus being over 60--I don't need much. With the lapband, it is possible to do without being hungry. So glad I did this. It will take me a while to get where I want to be, but I'll make it.

Debbie

I was banded 2/16/12 and I had my port flip I never did get a fill. I just had my port revision surgery yesterday and he put a mesh on it to hold it in place plus gave me a gill of 3.5cc which is nice the surgery was easy and I am working today ---from home but at least I didn't have to take much time off

I was banded Feb 10, 2012. I have lost 67lbs so far. I have not had a fill, as I still feel the restriction. I do not get hungry, or thirsty, in fact, I could probably go the whole day without eating or drinking. I count my calories and exercise, but I rarely hit 1000 calories. There are many times that I don't feel well, and not sure what to contribute it too.

The first couple weeks after surgery I was extremely nauseous. And still, there are many days that I can't even think of food, but I force it down because I know I need to, to survive.

I am pleased with the weightloss, but discouraged in the way it is making me feel. I just want to feel great and lose weight!

If there are any others that are feeling this way I would like to hear from you!

I was banded Feb 10, 2012. I have lost 67lbs so far. I have not had a fill, as I still feel the restriction. I do not get hungry, or thirsty, in fact, I could probably go the whole day without eating or drinking. I count my calories and exercise, but I rarely hit 1000 calories. There are many times that I don't feel well, and not sure what to contribute it too. The first couple weeks after surgery I was extremely nauseous. And still, there are many days that I can't even think of food, but I force it down because I know I need to, to survive. I am pleased with the weightloss, but discouraged in the way it is making me feel. I just want to feel great and lose weight! If there are any others that are feeling this way I would like to hear from you!

Wow to bcdueck!! I think my doctor is just really cautious or conservative---I have had one fill sine my surgery on 2/29/12---that fill was only 2.2 ccs. I am going for my second fill next Thursday because I am hungry in between meals big time. Trying not to "graze" and nibble and cheat but it is hard. I am down according to surgeon's scale only 16 pounds but according to my primary doctor I am down 29 pounds...sigh. I guess we all have our issues with this surgery. I hope everyone is trying their best to feel better....as I tell everyone, it took me a long time to get this heavy so I will be patient to get healthy :o)

I was banded Feb 10, 2012. I have lost 67lbs so far. I have not had a fill, as I still feel the restriction. I do not get hungry, or thirsty, in fact, I could probably go the whole day without eating or drinking. I count my calories and exercise, but I rarely hit 1000 calories. There are many times that I don't feel well, and not sure what to contribute it too.

The first couple weeks after surgery I was extremely nauseous. And still, there are many days that I can't even think of food, but I force it down because I know I need to, to survive.

I am pleased with the weightloss, but discouraged in the way it is making me feel. I just want to feel great and lose weight!

If there are any others that are feeling this way I would like to hear from you!

Be especially careful to get all of your free fluids every day. I did not realize that nausea is a symptom for severe dehydration, until my doctor sent me to the ER instead of doing my first fill on March 29. Apparently, thirst is not one of the first symptoms of dehydration.

I had been ill for several days, and was continuing to drink the amount of Water I usually do, but that was not enough to replenish what I lost. I was clueless, but it will never happen again...

Hi, I haven't checked in here in a while. My operation was on Feb. 16th and so far I am down 21 lbs. which is really good for me. I had my 2nd fill a week ago but the dr. had a lot of trouble with it. As it turns out my port has flipped or tilted somewhat. He stitches them in place but I told him one time in bed when I was turning over I felt something pop so he is going to do a procedure where he puts some kind of mesh around it to hold it in place. Just an outpatient procedure. He said he'd do it in about 4-6 wks so he could do my 3rd fill at the same time. I'm not too worried about it as I know of others where this has happened to. I am amazed at how well I am following all the new routines. I have also gotten in the habit of recording all my daily calories and Protein which helps me so much. I usually average around 750 calories which I know is low but that is the only way I can lose. 1000 and over is too much for me. Guess it was the years of dieting plus being over 60--I don't need much. With the lapband, it is possible to do without being hungry. So glad I did this. It will take me a while to get where I want to be, but I'll make it.

Debbie

hi there Deb... you are doing really well. like you, being over 60 i dont think i need as much either. its really hard to meet the calorific requirements of 1000 even. your weight loss is great. i havent lost anything in a few days. judy