Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 mths and 1 day since i was banded... I've lost a total of 26lbs since Feb 18th(day i started liquids). My band is currently filled at 4.4ccs but I don't notice more weight-loss. My clothes are more comfortable to wear and I was able to squeeze myself in to a size 18 jeans i haven't worn in 2 yrs but could only stand to be in the pants for 4hrs before it became uncomfortable. I've had some issues with stucks but i work throw them and learned ways to prevent them. I can't help but be discouraged I see so may other loosing large amounts of weight only 2-3 mths after being band. What am I doing wrong? I know I shouldn't eat carbs but it's so hard since i HATE veggies. Everyone tells me i look great so why can't i see it?

I still get slightly hungry in between meals but i fill up on Water to help the craving. Whats the average amount of time between meals before you should feel hunger? I feel so lost like I've fallen off the wagon..... any diet suggestions greatly appreciated!

Luvbug, please don't feel discouraged. I was banded on Feb 1st, and I've "only" lost 25 lbs. I, too, have days when I look at how much other people are losing and I wonder why that's not me, but it's really important to remind yourself (and myself!) that comparisons aren't helpful. Try to keep these few things in mind:

Everyone has a different body and a different metabolic rate. Personally, my metabolism is positively sluggish. Not only is weight loss always slow for me, so is everything else, like metabolizing drugs. They take noticeably longer to pass through my system than they're supposed to. Part of that may be my decades of yoyo dieting, but part of it is likely genetic. Maybe your metabolism is also on the slow side.

The heavier a person is at the time of surgery, they faster they will lose weight afterward. I started with a BMI of around 43, so fairly high but not in the realm of needing to lose 200 lbs. Heavier people lose faster.

Men lose faster, the jerks! (Just kidding!!!!) People with more muscle mass lose faster. That's just one of those truths you can't change.

Outside medical conditions can slow weight loss, for instance PCOS (which I have) is notorious for making it difficult to lose. Certain medicines can slow down the rate of loss, as well.

The same methods don't work the same way for everyone. For example, I see people losing on 400-600 calories a day. If I drop much below a thousand, my weight loss stops. I also see people losing on 1500 calories a day. If I go above 1250, my weight loss stops. Also, I lose more if I don't eat the same number of calories day in and day out. If I vary with some low days and some high days, I lose more. Some people lose better on high protein/low carb, but I do not. If I cut my carbs too low, not only do I feel physically not as healthy, but my weight loss slows down. Some people exercise an hour a day every day. Some people exercise not at all. I'm in the middle. You need to experiment with what works for you.

And finally, slowing slowly but steadily is not a bad thing. All of the literature on weight loss with the band suggests that 1-2 lbs a week is the goal amount to lose. Not only is this healthy and relatively "easy" to achieve, but it also means that the body and organs--most particular the largest organ the SKIN--have more time to adjust to the lose. That means slow losers are likely to have LESS excess skin than those who lose super fast. So look on the bright side on that one.

The bottom like is that I understand how hard it is to remember all this when you see people who were banded 2 months after you and have already lost twice as much weight, but that doesn't make any of it less than true. It IS true, and in the end, I don't care how fast I lose this weight. I just want to lose it forever.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck. :)

Hello everyone i was banded on feb22

Luvbug, please don't feel discouraged. I was banded on Feb 1st, and I've "only" lost 25 lbs. I, too, have days when I look at how much other people are losing and I wonder why that's not me, but it's really important to remind yourself (and myself!) that comparisons aren't helpful. Try to keep these few things in mind:

Everyone has a different body and a different metabolic rate. Personally, my metabolism is positively sluggish. Not only is weight loss always slow for me, so is everything else, like metabolizing drugs. They take noticeably longer to pass through my system than they're supposed to. Part of that may be my decades of yoyo dieting, but part of it is likely genetic. Maybe your metabolism is also on the slow side.

The heavier a person is at the time of surgery, they faster they will lose weight afterward. I started with a BMI of around 43, so fairly high but not in the realm of needing to lose 200 lbs. Heavier people lose faster.

Men lose faster, the jerks! (Just kidding!!!!) People with more muscle mass lose faster. That's just one of those truths you can't change.

Outside medical conditions can slow weight loss, for instance PCOS (which I have) is notorious for making it difficult to lose. Certain medicines can slow down the rate of loss, as well.

The same methods don't work the same way for everyone. For example, I see people losing on 400-600 calories a day. If I drop much below a thousand, my weight loss stops. I also see people losing on 1500 calories a day. If I go above 1250, my weight loss stops. Also, I lose more if I don't eat the same number of calories day in and day out. If I vary with some low days and some high days, I lose more. Some people lose better on high protein/low carb, but I do not. If I cut my carbs too low, not only do I feel physically not as healthy, but my weight loss slows down. Some people exercise an hour a day every day. Some people exercise not at all. I'm in the middle. You need to experiment with what works for you.

And finally, slowing slowly but steadily is not a bad thing. All of the literature on weight loss with the band suggests that 1-2 lbs a week is the goal amount to lose. Not only is this healthy and relatively "easy" to achieve, but it also means that the body and organs--most particular the largest organ the SKIN--have more time to adjust to the lose. That means slow losers are likely to have LESS excess skin than those who lose super fast. So look on the bright side on that one.

The bottom like is that I understand how hard it is to remember all this when you see people who were banded 2 months after you and have already lost twice as much weight, but that doesn't make any of it less than true. It IS true, and in the end, I don't care how fast I lose this weight. I just want to lose it forever.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck. :)

It's so true that we are all individuals, and no two of us will have an identical journey with weight loss.

There are 3 things which I have noticed which will slow my weight loss: 1. Not drinking enough free fluids (SF, calorie free) of your choice. and 2. Not eating enough Protein, and 3. Not exercising.

I have also noticed that with approx. every 10 pounds lost, I will hit a plateau. When that happens a full 5-7 days will pass and I will not loose any weight at all. You have to remain compliant with your diet, and persevere, knowing that this is only temporary.

Emotionally, it is not a good idea to compare your rate of weight loss with others. That can set you up to feel discouraged, not where you need to be.

It has helped me to be nearly 100% compliant with the diet recommended by my surgeon. I avoid processed foods, have fresh vegetables and fruit, and cook vegetables by steaming them, and lean Protein, mostly chicken and fish. I was encouraged to experiment with seasonings, but not to add any sugar or fat to my meals. I also limit the complex carbs I was addicted to, to one 2 oz. serving a day.

I believe it is very important to point out that my dietitian told us to never count calories, only make good food choices, and measure everything strictly by volume after cooking. Each meal is 3-4 oz of protein and 2 oz of a Fiber carb. If you fall short of meeting your daily protein goals, supplement with a Protein shake made with 1% milk. My protein goal, as determined by my dietitian, is for 32 grams daily.

I hope to get my first fill on May 9 to help with the hunger I begin to experience around 3 hours after eating. I have been using my hunger as a tool to remind me to drink Water between meals, not very satisfying, but it keeps me hydrated.

Yes, sometimes I think about how boring this diet can be, but then I bring everything into a healthier perspective. For me, it is far more important to loose weight than it is to have an endless variety of different food choices in any quantity desired for a few minutes a day during meal times.

I hope that this information will help...we are all doing a good job with weight loss, so Celebrate that, and stay focused on your goals.

2 mths and 1 day since i was banded... I've lost a total of 26lbs since Feb 18th(day i started liquids). My band is currently filled at 4.4ccs but I don't notice more weight-loss. My clothes are more comfortable to wear and I was able to squeeze myself in to a size 18 jeans i haven't worn in 2 yrs but could only stand to be in the pants for 4hrs before it became uncomfortable. I've had some issues with stucks but i work throw them and learned ways to prevent them. I can't help but be discouraged I see so may other loosing large amounts of weight only 2-3 mths after being band. What am I doing wrong? I know I shouldn't eat carbs but it's so hard since i HATE veggies. Everyone tells me i look great so why can't i see it?

I still get slightly hungry in between meals but i fill up on Water to help the craving. Whats the average amount of time between meals before you should feel hunger? I feel so lost like I've fallen off the wagon..... any diet suggestions greatly appreciated!

Luvbug, I totally feel your pain. My weightloss is practically non existent. I wish I were down like other folks. Also, I just had foot surgery, so I can't really exercise. Sigh.

40 pounds gone! The weight loss has definitely slowed down for me. I am losing around 1-2 pounds a week now. I feel great and am in 14/16 jeans now. 4 pounds away from "Onederland". Woot woot! Good luck to everyone!

I had my second fill today so I have a total of 6ccs in my 11cc band and my stomach feels full. I hope this is my sweet spot or green zone.

Sent from my X10i using LapBandTalk

What a disappointment...not until today did I look at the BMI I will have when I reached my goal weight, which is actually 5 lbs lower than what my doctor advised me should be my goal. At 145 lbs, my BMI would be at the high side of normal weight, leaving no room for fluctuations. Soooo, I decided I need to decrease my goal weight by 5 more pounds. Literally, it is just like someone moving the finish line on you...

But, if I am going to complete this journey, then I need to devote 100% effort to have a better end result. I will remain focused on my goal of better health, and not the numbers to get there. :)

Well...I have not posted lately so thought I would today. I am like some of you, in that, I have not lost much since surgery either. I am down only 13 lbs since surgery on Feb 29. I don't know the reason for that because I follow my weight watchers program. I also exercise at my gym. Maybe it is just taking my body some time to adjust to this new object inside. :0) Anyway...I did eat too much chocolate and jelly Beans one week so I know why no loss that week. I am tracking my foods and Water and Protein. I always get in all my Protein plus some. I can tell in my clothes so I know that something is working. I am hanging in there. It looks like the scale has moved down this morning so that's even more of a loss to add to the 13 but I am not officially counting it until after I weigh in tonight at my meeting.

I finally had my 1st fill of 1.5 ccs. I can tell a bit of difference in how I have to drink liquids slower so once I am eating solid foods again, ( tomorrow) I must be very conscious to take small bites and chew good.

Feeling a little discouraged here. It has been 2 weeks since last fill and I have not lost any weight in that time. I have actually gained 1 lb. I am still doing all the right things. I am 10 lbs away from Onederland and I'm scared I might be at a plato. Any advice that might help me?

Starting my 3rd week of C25K. Wish me luck because last week was hard!

Feeling a little discouraged here. It has been 2 weeks since last fill and I have not lost any weight in that time. I have actually gained 1 lb. I am still doing all the right things. I am 10 lbs away from Onederland and I'm scared I might be at a plato. Any advice that might help me?

I have found that with approx. every 10 pounds lost results in me reaching another plateau. The stationary scale will not move for anywhere for a week to 10 days, and then it is a steady slide through the next 10 pounds or so.

The only thing which has worked for me was to remain compliant with my diet and exercise, and focus on this situation as being only temporary.

I know how frustrating this is, but I have had this stall in my weight loss several times, and staying on your path does get you through it. I have read where some others have "jump started their metabolism" by changing things up with their exercise routine. That has not been an option for me, as my physical limitations limit what activities I can participate in.

We were banded around the same time, and your weight loss to date seems to be on target. I have yet to have my first fill, and am still averaging loosing 1-2 pounds most weeks.

BTW, my most frustrating plateau was at 202 pounds, I also was very anxious to finally to get to under 200 lbs. It did happen finally, and it will happen for you, too!

Starting my 3rd week of C25K. Wish me luck because last week was hard!

Good luck!! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is C25K? I went to the doc last week, expecting to get my second fill, and she said I didn't "need" one. I have lost a total of 22 pounds, which I guess isn't horrible, since it has only been 10 weeks. I have had two incidents of severe pain between my breastbone that lasted about 15 or 20 minutes, then subsided. I have also had a couple instances of productive burps, not too bad. So the good and bad, I never get sick on any food, can eat almost anything, and not have any side effects. The bad side is, I don't feel like I have had any surgery, I am still hungry all the time, and feel like I am depriving myself. I honestly thought (silly me) that I would be able to eat whatever I wanted, but only a very limited amount. I find that I'm still eating baked fish, grilled chicken, tuna fish, and vegetables. I guess I was crazy, but I am feeling like I did all this and I could have gone through this withoug the pain and agony of the surgery! Someone talk me out of it! In a way I wish she would have filled me again ( I am currently at 4 cc in an 11 cc band), but then I'm glad she didn't because I don't want to get sick on everything I eat, and those two episodes scared the living daylights out of me!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is C25K? I went to the doc last week, expecting to get my second fill, and she said I didn't "need" one. I have lost a total of 22 pounds, which I guess isn't horrible, since it has only been 10 weeks. I have had two incidents of severe pain between my breastbone that lasted about 15 or 20 minutes, then subsided. I have also had a couple instances of productive burps, not too bad. So the good and bad, I never get sick on any food, can eat almost anything, and not have any side effects. The bad side is, I don't feel like I have had any surgery, I am still hungry all the time, and feel like I am depriving myself. I honestly thought (silly me) that I would be able to eat whatever I wanted, but only a very limited amount. I find that I'm still eating baked fish, grilled chicken, tuna fish, and vegetables. I guess I was crazy, but I am feeling like I did all this and I could have gone through this withoug the pain and agony of the surgery! Someone talk me out of it! In a way I wish she would have filled me again ( I am currently at 4 cc in an 11 cc band), but then I'm glad she didn't because I don't want to get sick on everything I eat, and those two episodes scared the living daylights out of me!!!

You appear to be doing well with your weight loss. Are you certain that you are getting all of your Protein? Having a good Protein with every meal will help to stave off hunger longer.

I use hunger to make certain that I am drinking enough free fluids every day. After the 1 hour mandatory waiting time to drink after eating, I will continue to drink mostly Water. When I feel hungry between meals, I will continue to sip Water. It usually gets me through a full 4 hours between meals, I am not consuming too much water, only meeting the high end of my daily recommended amounts of fluids.

I'm still waiting for my first fill...keep your eye on the prize!