Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second fill tomorrow. I have lost 8 pounds since last time, so I am hoping for a small fill tomorrow

I am feeling a little discouraged. I had my first fill on 04/03 and got 4cc's. I dont feel any restriction and have not lost a pound. I can eat just about anything I want but I watch what I eat and count all intake. I don't know what to do!

Hi everyone!!!

I've been so out of the loop, my husband had back surgery about 3 weeks ago, so I've been super busy taking care of him...

Hope everyone has been doing well!

I lost 23 lbs total, but have been stuck at same weight for the last 10 days... To be honest though , I have not been getting any exercise in :( next week I plan on beginning a couch to 5 k plan and want to run a 5k by end of June ...

I just had my 2nd fill and am up to 5.6 cc in my 10cc band

Finally, saw a nutritionist who recommended My Fit Foods as a way to stay on track with healthy portion controlled meals... I'm doing the 3 day challenge right now, and if all goes well, I'll try out the 21 day challenge... Hoping to get off this plateau and lose another 10lbs by memorial day!!!

I am feeling a little discouraged. I had my first fill on 04/03 and got 4cc's. I dont feel any restriction and have not lost a pound. I can eat just about anything I want but I watch what I eat and count all intake. I don't know what to do!

I was where you are too....and I was so upset...but like everyone told me just wait it out....and the scale will start moving soon....try to focus on the nsv...my pants were all getting baggy on me and the scale was the same.....Its moving now !!! and yours will too !

I am new to this forum, and to the site. I was banded Feb 17, 2012. My goal is a loss of 70lbs. I had my first fill 2 weeks ago. I'm feeling a little discouraged because I have only lost a total of 13lbs! I lost 18lbs right away, and then put on several pounds before my first fill.

The scale is driving me crazy.. I know I shouldn't weigh daily but I can't help it! I see a little gain in the am and then feel terrible. But if I don't see the numbers daily I'm afraid I'll gain more by not being reminded of my weight daily. Any suggestions are welcome.

I feel like I'm making excuses to myself and am tired of it. I wanted to post this because I needed somewhere to be completely honest. I also have only very recently begun an exercise commitment...

I am trying to stay positive and motivated, I can not fail at this!

I am new to this forum, and to the site. I was banded Feb 17, 2012. My goal is a loss of 70lbs. I had my first fill 2 weeks ago. I'm feeling a little discouraged because I have only lost a total of 13lbs! I lost 18lbs right away, and then put on several pounds before my first fill.

The scale is driving me crazy.. I know I shouldn't weigh daily but I can't help it! I see a little gain in the am and then feel terrible. But if I don't see the numbers daily I'm afraid I'll gain more by not being reminded of my weight daily. Any suggestions are welcome.

I feel like I'm making excuses to myself and am tired of it. I wanted to post this because I needed somewhere to be completely honest. I also have only very recently begun an exercise commitment...

Don't give up, hang in there. I was banded on Feb. 16th and had my first fill of 4cc's on March 19th. I really have not lost much since then but I go for my second fill a week from Monday so hoping for more restriction after that. I myself have not been exercising much either because I have severe joint problems in my feet so I am hoping after losing a little more weight that I can start walking more. Don't weigh yourself everyday because that will discourage you I think. I was doing it also at first and was getting mad at not seeing drastic lose so now I weigh once a week on Fridays. Hang in there, you will do great. Make sure you are staying within your calorie count, getting all your Protein in, and drinking plenty of Water. You can inbox me anytime to talk or catch me on Facebook at Teresa Ervin Palmer. Always willing to listen and help anyway I can.

I was also banded on February 17th, and when I started this journey I had 70 lbs to lose. My weight loss has been stalled at around 20 lbs. I've had 2 fills and it's not really made a difference. My next fill is this coming Tuesday. I have to admit that the exercise portion of this adventure has been lacking. I finally got cleared to return to Water aerobics (had to weight for all of the scabs to come off), so I am starting agaiin this week.

When discussing my eating times, etc with the physician's assistant (a long time span between meals) that I have a Protein Shake around 3 or 4 o'clock. I do the majority of my walking during the weekend.

I'm discouraged, but I think I'm my own worst enemy. On the positive side, I am losing inches, even though the scale isn't moving like I want. My friend says that my body is readjusting. Sounds good, but I was hoping to be further along than I am now.

If you are dedicated, believe in yourself. You did not come this far in your weight loss journey to fail. People often post who are having difficulties with maintaining a positive attitude, and there is nothing wrong in asking for support from others on the same walk.

"Self talk" is a powerful tool; make a rule that you will only weigh yourself 1 or 2 times a week. Understand that we do reach weight loss plateaus, and they can be frustrating if you let them. Persevere with compliance with your diet...the scale will move in the right direction. I've been there, too...so I do have empathy and some genuine understanding of your feelings.

Keep your focus...and best of luck. You can do this...

There are so many of us who are repeating the same story, we can't ALL be wrong! We all had our fills in February; some but not all of us have had fills; most have lost some weight, but are stalled at the moment. Many are getting discouraged. Here's the story - we can't ALL be wrong! This must be the way it works. So many people say you have to get in your "green" zone or hit the "sweet spot." We just aren't there yet and have to be patient! I, too, had surgery in February (Feb 23). I have lost about 20 pounds total, but only two in the last month. Got a good talkin' to by the Physician's assistant when I got my first fill, but honestly, the reason most of us are overeating is because we can't control this without help, and with no restriction or not enough restriction, the help isn't there! I've found myself more than once saying, well, geez, I don't feel any restriction, I might as well just eat - and that I did. So we need to band together and know that it's going to come off. Next year at this time we'll all be sharing our SKINNY PICS! FEBRUARY BANDSTERS ROCK!!!!!!!!

I missed getting my first fill on March 29; the doctor determined I was severely dehydrated, and I ended up being sent to the ER instead. Before leaving for the ER, I was told to schedule an appointment for 6 weeks, so I am still waiting for May 9 and then hopefully my first fill.

I get hungry often, but now use this cue to start drinking Water. I don't understand why, but remembering to drink enough has been a problem for me. Now I use hunger as a tool to remind me to drink water. I want to avoid any return trips to the ER.

I was loosing 2-3 pounds every week for the first month, then it slowed. I continue to watch portions and calories. I want to believe that this is a plateau as I have adjusted to the initial feeling of restriction, which is now almost none.

We are all different, and no two will have the identical experiences with their band. I am looking forward to sharing some "skinny pics" also. This journey is going to be about developing patience for me...I'm taking a day at a time and keeping my "eye on the prize" of improved health...

So I had my first fill on March 29,2012 I felt some restriction then but all of a sudden yesterday I felt the most restriction I ever had is this normal

I was where you are too....and I was so upset...but like everyone told me just wait it out....and the scale will start moving soon....try to focus on the nsv...my pants were all getting baggy on me and the scale was the same.....Its moving now !!! and yours will too !

dee257 thank you so much for your encouragement. Since that post I have lost an addtonal 2 lbs for a new total of 30. I can't wait to get my second fill on 05/03 and hope for some rescrition.

I am feeling discouraged as well. I do find some strength in knowing that I'm not the only one. I may go for another fill. However, my question is, how do you know when you have restriction? Maybe I don't know bc I don't have it?

I go for another fill on May 4, so hopefully we'll all be happier (and weigh less) in a couple weeks! And I don't know how you know you have restriction, because I don't have it yet either! I do seem to be eating less, but I think that's only out of sheer willpower. I am able to eat anything (salad, rice, everything they say you may not be able to tolerate) so I don't think I'm at the correct level. But we'll see these second fills go. So glad we all found each other! I still wonder why we don't all switch over to the group, but wherever you guys are comfy, I'm comfy!

I got a fill last wednesday and I think I may be in my sweet spot,but time will tell. I am staying full from my meals 4.5-5 hours. I have a huge bruise over my port from the fill. Anyone else getting bruised?