Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

I am 4 days post op for the lap-band. Not sore really and haven't taken anything for pain since Tuesday night. The only problem I have now is diarrhea - alot. I was just told to add Fiber to my Protein Shakes and drink regular sips of Gatorade. Was wondering if anyone else has or had this problem and what to do about it? Really looking forward to some real food or something with more consistency.

Hi Amee Rae!

My lapband surgery is 1/9 also. Are you getting nervous? I was thinking today will be the last Monday pre lapband because this time next week, I will be banded! Totally ready for this. You will have to keep in contact.

See you soon on the other side,

Kemisha

I also had my surgery on 1/9 and now am 4 days post op. No pain really but have a problem with diarrhea-alot. Anyone else experiencing this? Was told today to take sips of gatorade and also to add fiber to my Protein drinks. I can't wait to eat little pieces of food.

2manymeds, I mean holy sheet (pun intended). I was always "regular" 5x daily (sorry to get so personal), so after surgery I didnt go for 2 days. Now its like the Protein Shakes go right through me! Im going to go get some fiber powder and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

So I am 9 days post-op an I kinda fell off the net for awhile. To be honest I was depressed. I wasn't in any pain, but I was bored with the shakes, bored with TV, it was too cold to walk outside and I was tired of walking laps in my house!! I had low energy and just didn't feel like doing anything. Well 2 days ago I decided to bundle up and do my walking outside and I told myself "no more naps!! I would nap after I ate my so-called lunch and wake up 4 hrs. later, so no more naps. Wednesday felt really good, I did my morning drinks, did my walk, did some cleaning and just got moving. I went into work for an hour to say high to everyone and forgot to take anything but Water and knew that going back to work was going to be hard. I'm glad I don't go back until Tuesday.

So I wanted to let you know about my problem about feeling "Full" I have always known when I at too much, I think we all know what that feels like. I would be drinking a shake and say am I full yet........maybe just a little more. the 10 minutes later I was feeling horrible like I ate too much. So what does just right full feel like. So I went on the chat room and found out the are what the call soft sign (have no idea where that term came from), like a tickle in your nose, your nose feels moist suddenly, you burp or feel about to burp. Before a burp meant "yeah more room!!" well it means stop eating! I though this might be helpful. I recommend using the chat room day and night there is always someone there who has been through it already.

Ok so you guys want to talk BM, well I didn't go for 3 days, I figured I hadn't put anything solid in so long! Then I exploded. I didn't add any fiber but increased the powdered milk, hear that might help. So far so good. I wish you all luck!

Today was great I did my walking in the mall, I was there 2 hours, but the 2nd was shopping!!

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I was banded on 1/21. This has not been easy for me. I was pretty good at the hospital, they gave me meds for sickness due to anesthesia (due to past surgeries). I only vomited once Saturday night after getting home and I think it was still because of anesthesia. My problem now is gas, diarrhea and having trouble getting my fluids in. I am supposed to be on clear Liquid Protein until Saturday, but I'm so hungry and hate the Isopure Protein Drinks. They are so artificially sweet and cutting them with Water still makes them sick to my stomach. I had a lot of Protein on Sunday so I think I may have overdone it. Now the gas and diarrhea started yesterday and it's not as bad today as I went to 50g protein (my minimum recommended amount). I caved tonight and made a Protein Shake with just water and am sipping 2 oz. slowly every 15 min. If this doesn't work by tomorrow, I guess I will have to call my doctor again. I don't want to get dehydrated and have to go back to the hospital. I called the nurse yesterday and she said I was doing good and to monitor my bathroom problems. We will see. My husband comes back from a business trip tomorrow so he will help me with support. It's hard emotionally to do it alone. Good luck to everyone and hope we all feel better quickly!

I guess I'm on the cusp of the Jan/Feb bandsters. My surgery is scheduled for this Friday, Jan 27th and can not wait. My doctor required me to do a one week pre-op liquid diet. I am of the same thinking of Suzibuni re: the pre-op diet, mentally, it helps us realize how we will deal with it post surgery although from what I hear from everyone, you don't feel like eating the 1st week or so post op.

Looking forward to being back on here next week so I can share the experience that you all have gone through this month.

January Bandster.....

Good luck to you Meredith! My surgery is Jan 30, I'm nervous but excited!

Horsegirl, good luck to you too. Talk about being on the cusp, you win!! :-)

I'm joining you too, tomorrow! Excited, and a little nervous!

I am scheduled for Jan 24th!!!!! woot woot! so excited!

so how did you ladies do? I had mine yesterday too, I was really surprised the pain wasn't more than it is. am having problems with fever though, nurse said thats to be expected because of anastesia and all the meds I was given... lets go ladies!

i have coughed so hard i almost vomited, i am really tender near the port are and the bandaids are getting soaked... sorry so graphic... i do not have an appetite, so im forcing at least shakes downand Water water water

Hi everyone, day 4 post op and today has been the best day since I came home from the hospital Saturday. It's been brutal. I've had diarrhea (sorry everyone) and the gas pain is still here. Today was only a few times in the bathroom, yay! I walked a bit but still taking some pain meds as the gas pressure is killing me and I have a slight headache now. My hubby has been on business since Monday (he comes home tonight) and it's been hard not having his support here. My dog has helped a little. :) Anyway, the liquid Protein was KILLING me to drink so I caved last night and started sipping Protein Shakes. I'm not supposed to have them until Saturday but I need my protein and Isopure makes me want to throw up. It's been a lot better. I sip them slowly and only have 2 oz. every hour. Still not really helping with my hunger though. I can't wait for week 3 when I can have pureed food! Mashed potatoes and soft scrambled eggs are on my list and I hope I can tolerate them. Heck, Saturday I can start on pudding and yogurt, looking forward to that! Stay strong everyone, I've sure needed it. The beginning I think is the toughest part.

i have coughed so hard i almost vomited, i am really tender near the port are and the bandaids are getting soaked... sorry so graphic... i do not have an appetite, so im forcing at least shakes downand Water Water water

Hope that cough get better, I did a lot of coughing too and it hurts! My surgeon used what's called (I think) Durabond on my incisions some sort of surgical glue..every nurse that came in said "Oh that will heal nicely with Durabond you'll barely have scars." I've had no bleeding, no band-aids, no mess! I hope you feel better very very soon.

I went back to work on Monday, 6 days post surgery and it has been ok just really tired when I get home. I'm 9 days post op now and just starting to get a little appetite and starting to get tired of liquids, Jello and cream soup!! but I'll hang in there and keep my on the prize!

Tomorrow is my big day and I can't wait. Family members are surprised how calm I am about the surgery. Perhaps I'm too calm but it works for me. I haven't weighed or measured myself since being on the pre-op diet but will do that first thing tomorrow prior to going to the hospital. I know the scale is important but I believe the inches show up more and that's what I'm going to go by, that and one of my tightest pair of jeans. They will be my "barometer" more then the scale.

Aside from wanting to be healthier and more active, there are other reasons of course for losing weight which I'm sure will all can relate to but one of the things I can't wait to do after losing a good amount of weight is to cut up my Lane Bryant card, personally call them on the phone and ask them to please take me off their mailing list!!!! Forever!!! LOLOL Good luck to all of the January Bandsters! Life is Good.

Tomorrow is my big day and I can't wait. Family members are surprised how calm I am about the surgery. Perhaps I'm too calm but it works for me. I haven't weighed or measured myself since being on the pre-op diet but will do that first thing tomorrow prior to going to the hospital. I know the scale is important but I believe the inches show up more and that's what I'm going to go by, that and one of my tightest pair of jeans. They will be my "barometer" more then the scale.

Aside from wanting to be healthier and more active, there are other reasons of course for losing weight which I'm sure will all can relate to but one of the things I can't wait to do after losing a good amount of weight is to cut up my Lane Bryant card, personally call them on the phone and ask them to please take me off their mailing list!!!! Forever!!! LOLOL Good luck to all of the January Bandsters! Life is Good.

LOL about the lane bryant card!!! I will actually miss their clothes, I get so many compliments! But when I get to goal, i will go on a huge shopping spree! Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!