Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Thanks mags2u! Slippage is one of my biggest fears also which has motivated me to stick to my diet.

Hi im jasmine, i was banded january 3rd. Im on the liquid phase. I not gonna lie im hungry, but i wont be hungry forever. Just stay stronge u can get thru it

Hi everyone! My surgery is scheduled for January 18. Super Excited but NERVOUS! I'm on a 3 of a 2 week full liquid diet which sucks but I'm trying to be patient and think positive. Good luck to everyone; looking forward to reading every successful story!

Sorry meant to say " on day 3 of a 2 week diet"

Hi everyone, I'm scheduled for surgery Jan 9th and soooo excited. It seems like this has been a long journey sometimes but when I see how long others have had to wait for approvals I'm pretty lucky. (I began early Oct with consultation so 3 months is honestly not long). It took me years to decide that this was the right decision for me. Along the discussion of presurgery dieting my doctor requires 2 weeks of BariatricAdvantage shakes with a sensible meal. It's been a nightmare for me, I'm soo hungry. I've started walking and I try if I do eat something to ensure it calorie-wise replaces my shake. Each shake has 27 g of Protein and is 150 calories. They honestly are not terrible, but it's still not food. Let's keep connected and encourage each other through this process.

I just finished my last appointment with my doctor and surgery is tomorrow morning. There was a chance that my surgery was going to be postponed because there was a review board issue with doing the iband at the hospital and the doctor had also decided to put a hold on doing them at the surgical center where I was scheduled until the issue was cleared up which could have taken a few weeks. Fortunately he decided to go ahead with the iband at the surgical center since I'm an out of state patient and getting here is not that easy for me

My surgery is January 11, I am starting to get anxious! I am on my pre-op diet and it has been hard but I am keeping my eye on the prize! I know this will not be an easy journey but it is the right journey!

Hello January Bandsters!! I've been banded!! I went in @ 8:15 was in surgery by 10 and getting ready to go home by noon!! They gave me anti- nausea meds before surgery so I had no vomiting. As soon as I woke up I insisted on walking & kept walking & sipping Water & burping. The more you walk the sooner you go home to go to sleep. I later found out I had a hernia in my stomach muscles & they repaired that. So basically I set my alarm every 4 hrs take pain pill, sip Sobe life Water (on sale @ Target), walk around house for 5 min., put a Gas-X strip in my mouth and go back to sleep. That was been the schedule until today. Since this AM I added sipping Protein shakes. There is no way I am getting all Protein & water in put I will maybe tomorrow. As for the pain. I had the gas pain in my should but walking, burping, stretching & the lovely gas-x strips kept the pain to a 1-2 and is gone right now. My stomache aches (a 3) but I keep the pain meds every 4 hrs so it isn't bad tomorrow I will try just tylonel. Just finished my laps & pills r kicking in talk mor tomorrow!

Good Luck tomorrow Shelly!!

I was banded this morning!!! Dekalb Medical hospital truely lives up to being a Center of Excellence!! Everything was done on time and the staff is great! I am resting comfortably as I opted to stay overnight. Was very sore this morning...to me the pain was similar to bad cramps...now just mild soreness and a bloated stomach. Good luck to those of you who are having surgery tomorrow!

Hi all!

I am soon to be a Canadian bandster. I will be having surgery in Mexico on January 25. Will be starting my pre-op diet next week!

It was very hard to convince my husband that this is the best option for me. I currently weight 261 and would like to lose 100 pounds with the lap band. Is this possible?

I have high blood pressure and thyroid issues out the ying yang. My doctor recommended I have the lap band surgery and I have after care for fills etc set up in my home city for when I return home.

Glad to be in the company of other January Bandsters.. New Year, New US!!!!

Best Wishes to all.

I'm going in on the 24th. I start the pre-op diet on Tues. (This the honestly the part I am dreading.) My surgeon requires the Adkins diet. YUCK! But I can do anything for 2 weeks right? I am just so excited about being approved by my insurance that it really doesnt matter!

Here's to a very happy new year to us all!

I was banded on 1/5/12, so I two days post op. My surgeon has you stay overnight, which was fine with me. You come out of surgery with a pain pump, which was nice. I could also get IV nausea meds frequently ( I throw up very easily,) Thankfully, the meds worked and I have been vomit free! As for pain, it isn't nearly as bad as a c-section, but there is still some major soreness. I think a lot of my sharp pain is related to gas from the surgery. I have felt a lot of pressure in my diaphram, which has made it hard to take deep breathes and also right shoulder pain. Gas-x has helped with that pain.

As for my pre op diet, I had to do 1500 calories a day for two weeks to shrink my liver. Sounds like I got lucky! Good luck to everyone in the process!

So I will be banded on Tuesday the 10th... The 2 week pre-op diet has not been bad. I have lossed a little over 10 lbs but not quite at 11. My goal before Tuesday is to lose at least 15lbs. If I don't make it, I will be OK with my progress. My doctor placed me on Optifast shakes, bars and Soups AND other sugar free Clear Liquids. The only time I am hungry is when I smell food. Huge problem with my mom here cooking for my daughter.

I AM SUPER EXCITED... Feels like time is crawling at a snails pace.

hey everyone i had my surgery jan 4th and i opted to stay over night because its a 4 hour drive home from the hospital where i had my surgery. everything has gone smoothly so far i still have some major soreness and dread getting out of bed because its painful walking isnt painful its the getting out of bed that hurts the most. how is everyone else doing ? when will the soreness start to go away ?

Hi, I was banded with plication yesterday. So far things are going ok. I've been surviving on Water, sugar free popsicles, and the occasional bit of wonton Soup broth with Protein added. i just had a minor vomiting episode, it hurt a little but wasn't too violent so i don't think i damaged anything.but i definitely needed some pain meds afterwards. Other than that the pain hasn't been too bad. I'm looking forward to full liquids tomorrow