Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Out Of Control

I'm having a tough day today. I just can't seem to feel full or satisfied. I want to eat EVERYTHING. Plus I'm making holiday treats for Christmas gifts. I've taste tested a few times, and now I'm feeling so mentally disappointed in myself. I feel a little crappy physically, but not sick or anything. I've been so good until I started eating solids. I'm so afraid I'm going to mess up all my progress. Has anyone else gone through these feelings?

Oh my gosh....yes!!! Sugar we all do!! Try to not beat your self up too much, you'll just end up emotional eating because you feel like you failed. Take a deep breath, focus on tomorrow...and remember...YOU CAN DO THIS!! We're all pulling for you!!!

Kelly

You are definitely not alone, we've all been there. Try to stop taste testing from now on, you won't ruin it too bad as long as you don't go on a full-on binge.

I can totally understand where you're coming from. I haven't made any Christmas Cookies this year. I'm two years out. Last year I made about 6 different batches of cookies and I ate soooooo many. I'm not going to set myself up for the temptation this year though. I feel bad for depriving my husband and son, but I've got to take care of myself.

Give them away quick so they're out of the house!

Good luck!

I dont do Christmas cooking and that's why. Yes im sure it would be all warm and fuzzy and id be a better mother, but all the people i know who really get into the whole cooking thing and making the best reindeer Cookies and santa shortbreads for their kids' school parties are - wait for it - FAT. And their kids are fat. We always hav a great Christmas lunch and thats it, no mince tarts, no fruitcake, no shortbread. My mother never did it and ive still grown up loving christmas as a warm family time. The overeating and food just isnt ncessary. Give it up, don put yourself under the pressure and temptation.

I didn't dare make any Cookies, bar, nothing this year! I knew I would want to eat it all!!

you have had ONE bad day, leave it behind and start over tomorrow!! we all have done similar things and we all feel the same when we do it!!!!

your progress has been good, keep going!

((((( hugs)))))

One question: Are you eating less than you did last year or before your surgery? My guess is the answer is YES. PLEASE don't feel like a failure because you've "taste tested a few times". This is NOT failure.

None of us are perfect, so stop expecting perfection from yourself and set yourself up for failure. Loosing a significant amount of weight is a long process and there will be ups and downs.

Give yourself some pats on the back, and MOVE ON!!!!!

Lisa in NYC

I'm new to this so I don't have a lot of experience but no one is perfect. Dont beat yourself up about it move on to the next hour, day , minute or whatever it may be. I ate two chocolate chip cookie and one skinny cow ice cream sandwich one after the other and felt so guilty and had a pity party but I realized the "damage" was done and I had to move forward with what I've been doing for weeks now which is healthy eating choices, I still lost two pounds that week. I sure we will all that day where it's not so good, we are only human and that cookie may just jump in my mouth once a month. :)

Wishing you the best and much success.

Yes I have has the smae problem> Some days I feel out of control too. I wsa banded 3 weeks ago so no fill yet but I seem to want to eat more then I should and the holiday treat are a killer. Can't wait til there are no more treats around. Good Luck to you!!

I guess I have a different view on things. I made Peanut Butter fudge the other day and I ate a tiny tiny piece. I didnt feel bad, because I keep my calorie intake around 600 and I am walking 1 hours each day with an average burn of 455 calories. so I am not going to deprive myself. The band is a TOOL, it is to help you eat LESS. are you suppose to eat a whole bunch of candy NO, but dont deprive yourself if you want to taste test. AT least you arent eating all the Cookies. Make sure if you do eat something, you count it in your calories. I use the myfitnesspal.com and keep us with what I eat along with my Protein intake and my weight. Do be disapointed in yourself... look at what you have lost and how far you have come. You are doing fantastic!

We're all going through it. I had more than one piece of holiday candy today. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Off topic kinda. I think you were looking for other people that have had Dr. Zanabadi as a surgeon. I had my surgery on Dec. 13th.

If you would like to stay in touch let me know. I don't know how to use this site too well.

Terry