Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is great to hear from so many December Bandsters. I am very excited but a bit nervous too. My docter only requires you to go on the Atkins diet which is good because a liqued diet scared me. My surgery is December 21st. I am getting sick of people telling me I am not fat enough. I am 208 pounds and only 5'3 I am having the surgery because I have diabetes and have tried by myself to loose the weight for years and years. Anyone else having the same issue?

It is great to hear from so many December Bandsters. I am very excited but a bit nervous too. My docter only requires you to go on the Atkins diet which is good because a liqued diet scared me. My surgery is December 21st. I am getting sick of people telling me I am not fat enough. I am 208 pounds and only 5'3 I am having the surgery because I have diabetes and have tried by myself to loose the weight for years and years. Anyone else having the same issue?

Honestly I haven't told many people. Just my parents, husband and 2 close friends and my husband told his mother and 1 close friend. I don't need negativity from anyone. This a personal decision since I am the one that has been battling with it for 16 years, only I can understand why I came to this conclusion!!! You at 208 with diabetes is what led you to make this serious decision. No one should judge you. In fact a good surgeon would not do the procedure if you were too thin. We all need support not judgement. Unfortunately if you are heavy, you get judged and if you get the lapband you get judge for "taking the easy route". Its not an easy route but hopefully one that will keep us healthy and happy for many years to come. Your life, your choice, just "do you" and stay away from negative energy. (just my opinion) Good Luck!!!

My origanal surgery date was 8/24 but as an unemployed teacher I was offered a job 5 days before and accepted although bitter sweet. My new surgery date is 12/21 and I wish it was sooner but atleast I will have 14 days over Christmas Break to rest and heal. I am still nervous and having so much time to wait yet again I read some of the horror stories people post and get second thoughts. However I know I will be a happier and healthier me in the long run. Anyone else in the same boat? Having the support system of others has really helped me through.

Hi Sherry

Iam in the same boat as you I work for a public school so Iam off in the summer but also not paid for those 3 months I was not approved for surgery till 5th of july and picked Auig 31 for my surgery since I would be back at work and money coming in again but a unforeseen family situation came up the week before my surgery so I had to reschedule it and my next time off is Christmas so my new date is Dec 20th so you and I can be band buddies it good to know there are others out there who had to do the same thing I did and are still detremined to get it done and make it work.

Glad to hear from others in the same boat. It was bittersweet having to reschedule for Decemeber but it will be here before we know it. Someone mentioned they are worried about those who post they have little or no restriction. I have also heard from people who have lost @100 with no fills. For every bad story there are good. I have a deap seated fear of puking so I think the first time I over east and get sick I will be very conscious about what I put in my mouth. Due to this fear I am afraid I will not want to eat because I'll be scared. Thanks for everyone sharing, it helps a lot to hear from others in the same boat.

I go for my last appointement of the 6 mos nutrition counseling that my insurance requires on Nov 11. We will be setting the date for surgery then, although he told me that it will be in December sometime. I'm sooo excited for it! I love that I'm ending the year with the surgery, and I can start the new year with a whole new me and a new start. I'm glad that there seems to be a pretty good amount of us going in December. I'm sure that having others in the same boat will help get through the rough days!

Like my surgeon said in tonight's seminar...people walk around with lapbands in their bodies and never follow-up or get fills. You need to use your tool, get to your sweet spot and manage your food.

My tentative surgery date is December 1 (YAY) I am waiting on Cigna to approve surgery. It's already been over two weeks and I know that it can take up to thirty days but the wait is killing me. I called today and was told by customer service that I was approved but it was still "pending" which didn't make sense to me so I asked to speak with the pre-determination dept who told me the CSR was wrong...still not approved and is still being reviewed :0(

HI! I have a surgery date of December 16! Looking forward to it, but nervous at the same time. I still have two tests to take; the upper GI and the manometry test. NOT looking forward to that one!

Hello December Bandsters, I'm tenatively scheduled for Dec 15, as long as my approval comes in. My last dr visit is 11/16 and paper work with be submitted then

My origanal surgery date was 8/24 but as an unemployed teacher I was offered a job 5 days before and accepted although bitter sweet. My new surgery date is 12/21 and I wish it was sooner but atleast I will have 14 days over Christmas Break to rest and heal. I am still nervous and having so much time to wait yet again I read some of the horror stories people post and get second thoughts. However I know I will be a happier and healthier me in the long run. Anyone else in the same boat? Having the support system of others has really helped me through.

Hi there, My slimband surgery is scheduled for Dec 1, 2011. I am nervous, not so much about the surgery but the after part. The stories are scary I will admit they have me a little freaked out. I'm trying to focus on the positive things I read about which tend to out weigh the odd negative ones. After failing at everything for the past 16 years I'm praying this decision takes me to that place of self love and the land of self confidence.

My surgery is Dec 1, 2011 through Slimband. I'm trying to not get too caught up on the negative things I read on the web because honestly they freak me out. I'm trying to concentrate on remembering what it felt like not to wear this fat suit everyday. Can't wait to feel alive and confident again.

i am scheduled for the same day, December 1st. i am also nervous about the unknown, we can prepare as much as we can, but we will not know how we will react to the band. i am sure that we all have the same story. past diet failures but i know that we will all have the same end story lap band success. i agree the negatives are out there, but i too think the positive stories out weigh the negative. my surgeon has told me to listen to my band and to get to know it and become friends with it and make sure to follow up on the fills.

I am focusing on some of the things that...

Well my PCP wants me to build a list of the 100 things that will be positive after the surgery and weight loss...

- less medicine

- being able to get on the tfloor to play with the grandkids

- being Balt to get back up.

- being able to buy pants in every tore, not just a few.

I am focusing on some of the things that...

Well my PCP wants me to build a list of the 100 things that will be positive after the surgery and weight loss...

- less medicine

- being able to get on the tfloor to play with the grandkids

- being Balt to get back up.

- being able to buy pants in every tore, not just a few.

Here is a few more:

-living longer

-being able to tie my shoes easily

-getting more career opportunities (unfortunately there is lots of weight discrimination)

-freely eating in public without being judged

-taking control back from food and ending the constant struggle