Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My lap-band surgery is scheduled for December 5th. I am most concerned about my husband and how my changes may effect him, I mean, will he understand I just can't eat like I used to...

- being able to look at a picture of myself and love it;

- being able to look at myself and love me;

- being able to walk into a regular store and not say "excuse me miss, where is the plus size section?"

- this is a TMI but what the hell, being able to enjoy sex while being on top. did i say that out loud?

Roe roe,

Yeah you did, but let's just there are others in the same area, and we understand!

Roe Roe LOL!!!

What about

- a bigger sex drive

- taking a full length picture of yourself

-Not hiding behind others in a group picture (my two kids are always in front of my body and my lean down so all you see is my head in between their two little heads...pathetic)

-Being called a Skinny B*itch

-being able to just wear a bathing suit to the beach with out cover ups, skirts or shorts

-and to feel the sun on my skin not my cover up

-not being the fattest of all my friends

-not being squished in airplane seats

-having a sense of style and buying clothes I want to wear and not "HAVE" to wear because they fit

-having people I haven't seen in awhile not recognize me or have their jaws drop

Ya...it's all gonna be good. And Roe Roe I hear ya sista!!

Teresa

OMG this could be a looooooooong list lol. We should just start a thread "1 Million reasons to get the Lapband"

I got two more.

-no more thigh rubbing

-no more knocking things and kids down with my butt lol

I like this sooo much I add a topic thread on it, in the pre-operation forum! Thanks for the idea, I bet 100 will be easy and we will probably reach closer to 1,000!

100+ Positive Reasons to get the Lapband and outcomes

I am focusing on some of the things that...

Well my PCP wants me to build a list of the 100 things that will be positive after the surgery and weight loss...

- less medicine

- being able to get on the tfloor to play with the grandkids

- being Balt to get back up.

- being able to buy pants in every tore, not just a few.

Well HELLO December Bansters!!! I started the November Banster as I thought my insurance would be approved in "3 days" like others but for some reason I had to wait the FULL 30 days so December it is!!! I believe nothing just happens so December 19th will be the first day of the rest of my life! I am so looking forward to a new life! My sister got the band 5 years ago and I was so against it. I said and DID lose the weight on my own. Diet and exercise....well in that 5 years I've lost over 50 lbs twice and gained it back. So, I'm getting the band. Wish I had done this 5 years ago. smh

Good luck to my fellow December bansters!! :D

My tentative date is 12/19 too!!!!

Just curious, how did you sister do???

BTW I talked my husband out of it in 2008 and we lost it too and gained it back and here we are on the Lapband journey together!!! His date is 12/5...This should be an interesting ride.:)

Well HELLO December Bansters!!! I started the November Banster as I thought my insurance would be approved in "3 days" like others but for some reason I had to wait the FULL 30 days so December it is!!! I believe nothing just happens so December 19th will be the first day of the rest of my life! I am so looking forward to a new life! My sister got the band 5 years ago and I was so against it. I said and DID lose the weight on my own. Diet and exercise....well in that 5 years I've lost over 50 lbs twice and gained it back. So, I'm getting the band. Wish I had done this 5 years ago. smh

Good luck to my fellow December bansters!! :D

Hey!! I just got my surgery date - it's 12/8!! I am so stinkin excited! Looking forward to a better me and lots of support here!

could you imagine how scared we would be if we didn't have the Lap Band Talk to guide us through the million questions we have? or this support system that you couldn't possibly get from a meeting once a month at the bariatric center. what a blessing each and everyone of you that open up on this forum. THANK YOU!

Wholeheartedly agree with Roseann! Thank you ALL for your words of encouragement and support.

I started a new topic regarding weather on surgery day...I posted it in the other forum for December 2011 bandsters, http://www.lapbandtalk.com/forum/2488-december-2011-bandsters/

Would love to hear your thoughts about severe winter weather on surgery day.

Peg

could you imagine how scared we would be if we didn't have the Lap Band Talk to guide us through the million questions we have? or this support system that you couldn't possibly get from a meeting once a month at the bariatric center. what a blessing each and everyone of you that open up on this forum. THANK YOU!

Gee that is so true. As supportive as my family is, they don;t really know what it is like. so THANKS to all.

Steve

@skinnyminnnime YAY!! We will have the same birthday!! I'm sooooo excited! Just 49 days away. My sister did great! She lost 90 lbs but went through a divorce and had all taken out of her band and gained back 40 of it. She knows what she did wrong and is going to begin again when I do. She is doing the liquid diet with me and everything. I am so excited we get to do this together. All three of us! ;) I keep going to GNC and Vitamin Shop and buying stuff. Today I found Designerwhey Protein Water additive. It's got 10g or protein and you just add it to your water. Also I bought another shaker cup. This one has a cool stick that goes in it so it will keep your drink cool without ice. I am so ready to do this. I am starting tomorrow 11/1/11 on my own program just because I am so ready! 2012 LOOK OUT!!! I'm doing this for ME!!

LOL I have a widget app on my phone with the countdown to the surgery. Although its a tentative date right now...48 days and counting. I am drinking my chocolate MyoFusion Protein shake right now out of my blender ball cup (30g Protein & all from GNC) Please share the information on your designer whey stuff...where did you get it and the name? I want to try some. Since I quit soda I have been drinking lols of Mio (target lol) Sweat Tea flavor but there is nothing in it. I found a great Water bottle that I love Thermos Intak Hydration water bottle BPA free at target ($10) no spilling and you can keep track of how many times you refilled the bottle so you know how much you drink. I do like ice though in my drinks so I am looking for a solution to have icy drinks at work. Forward any ideas please :-)

As far as your sister, that is the beauty of having this tool! See now she can restart all over again. 40lbs should be easy to lose for her especially with you on board YEAH! FYI I willtake 90lbs weightloss happily :D

@skinnyminnnime YAY!! We will have the same birthday!! I'm sooooo excited! Just 49 days away. My sister did great! She lost 90 lbs but went through a divorce and had all taken out of her band and gained back 40 of it. She knows what she did wrong and is going to begin again when I do. She is doing the liquid diet with me and everything. I am so excited we get to do this together. All three of us! ;) I keep going to GNC and Vitamin Shop and buying stuff. Today I found Designerwhey protein Water additive. It's got 10g or protein and you just add it to your water. Also I bought another shaker cup. This one has a cool stick that goes in it so it will keep your drink cool without ice. I am so ready to do this. I am starting tomorrow 11/1/11 on my own program just because I am so ready! 2012 LOOK OUT!!! I'm doing this for ME!!