Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Five days of my liquid diet (without cheating) and I am down 13 pounds as of this morning. Lot of it is Water I am sure but it still feels nice. I am one of those who weighs everyday because it motivates me if the scales creep upward.

Thanks to all for the good info I have received on this forum! :)

It is also my 5th day of pre op. Other than wanting to sleep everytime I sit down, I'm doing all right. I haven't weighed in a couple of days but last time I did, I was down more than 10 pounds. I'm sure much of my sluggishness is from detoxing from other foods. I need to drink more Water to help float out more toxins but I increase it a little more each day. I have a ton of things to do in the next ten days, since I will be 600 miles from home. I'm hoping I will get the energy to get them completed starting soon. I will have to stay in a motel for a week after surgery so I can be checked out a week after surgery. I have a friend going with me which will be a break for her. I'm ready for the next chapters to be written. BTW, my surgery is 3 days before my birthday. I will have 2 birthdays to Celebrate from now on. (Or one long 3 day birthday celebration.)

When I came home today, I changed cloths, and combed my hair in the Mirror. I had to throw this long hair back, and what popped out at me !

I have a Collarbone !

I have not seen that in years..................................

This is just another suprise that has come my way from this Band.

Thought you might want to know!

TGIF !

That is something to celebrate!

Hey Friends!! Day 3 for me (pre-op diet) =) all is well and I thank my roommate because she doesn't like to cook and she only keeps spaghettios in the house which I don't like anyways =D So it's been really easy not to cheat at home. I work at a target and seeing some of the food stuff I thought would make me "sad" or make me want to cheat but nothing has made me want too so that's good! I started stocking my house with stuff I need for after the surgery- like gas-x, and flavored water, and chicken broth.... It's officially two weeks until I'm banded =D I'm so VERY excited!!!! hope everyone is doing well :thumbsup:

also I started a blog on my lap-band journey if anyone wants to take a look =) ( I was doing one here but this new one you can make all pretty and I find it much more user friendly)

http://learningtoloveme-funygurl.blogspot.com/

Thank you bmmb2009 I needed some encouragement.

Hello all.

I am new to this forum. I have my date October 20. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Jewel has been having a sale all week on chicken broth (college inn) they are on sale of 99cents. then they have a coupon in the coupon book which drops the price down to 2 for 99cents. I stocked up this week (30 cans). they have the lower sodium ones to in both chicken and beef flavor. The key thing is that you can only do one coupon per transaction. so i went a few days and did 5 to 6 transactions and paid in cash.

Hello,

I'm excited and looking forward to my October banding. The doctor's office called yesterday and asked if I wanted to move my date up from the 25th to the 13th. I would have loved to move my date but I have a big project at work starting on the the 13th. I'm not too disappointed as it gives me more time to get my pre-op weight down. Made it to the gym four times this week and I feel like my hard work will not be wasted with a yo-yo weight increase a few months down the road. My lap-band will help me prevent back-sliding as my new diet and exercise slim me down. It's kinda funny having goodbye meals with some of my favorite foods. I'll have to skip some favorites because they are too excessive (calories and/or bad nutrition) to support my current diet and exercise goals.

D

Day 3 of the pre-op diet. I know that this is one of the hardest days. It's just so hard but I know in the end it will be worth it. I am nervous though as it keeps getting closer.

happy to join the October bandsters!! I am scheduled for a 10/28 surgery. I have done fairly well so far, losing some weight and exercising! It all feels good - like I am finally on the right road..

happy to join the October bandsters!! I am scheduled for a 10/28 surgery. I have done fairly well so far, losing some weight and exercising! It all feels good - like I am finally on the right road..

BOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Your getting close to Halloween......

That's when I was Banded.... LOL.

I was just wondering about everyone's lives. Are you married, single, do you have kids? What do you do for work? What do you do for fun?

I have been married for 3 years and I have a 14 month old. I'm a receptionist at a mental health center. I love to read and as a family we try to go to a lot of different parks to walk and play. I also really like to cook so finding things that will work with the band should be a fun challange.

Our surgery dates are really close. I am scheduled on the 27th. Good luck!

I am 28, and married. No children yet, I am hoping that I will be able to conceive a few years after my surgery. I am an administrative assistant at a hospital in my area. Honestly I don't do anything, my husband and I work a lot so we take the weekends to rest up from the hectic week.

I am a widowed school marm with two grown kids. However, not currently teaching. I was in Army along time ago and am going through the VA to have this procedure. I laugh at some of y'all because of the testing required by insurance companies to get approved. You should have to have government approval. That's a test. I have passed the requirements so far and finally have my surgery scheduled for October 3. (If the government doesn't shut down, that is.)

I decided when I was on a plane last year and very uncomfortable with my seat belt extender that my days of being the fat lady were coming to an end. To add to that discomfort, I was on my way to the Virgin Islands, where my size and the humidity were not very compatible. I am very happy to begin a new life and attempt the adventures I refused to do because of being too self conscience. am now going to do what I want to do and I don't care if I embarass my grown kids.

I am a very successful dieter. I have lost tons of weight in my life. I have issues with keeping it off. I have done a lot of work with therapists, etc. and feel I have new tools to use this time. I don't have to worry about sabotaging husband, kids issues, etc. I am going to fully embrace my life, and started when I asked my GP for information about lap band surgery a year ago. I have discarded items I have dragged all over the world which no longer served me. I rented a dumpster this summer and had a pitching party. I have had to say good bye to aquaintences who were toxic in my life. I have moved out of my nest in one bedroom to finally live freely in my entire house. I still have a lot to do to be where I want to be, but thank God, I have not given up and resigned myself to live the depressed, restricted life I was living.

I am free, and have realized that all along I held the key to my own jail cell.

Fasten your seat belts and don your safety equipment. This old lady is on the launch pad!