Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

lulu2you You are truly an inspiration! I wish you all the luck in your journey! I hope your kids will learn that what may embaress them now may be something they do to embaress thier kids at a later date. :P I am getting banded on the 6th my birthday present to myself! I hope you'll feel like updating us soon after you have it done!

Old Lady !!!!! I don't think so !

Were both born the same year a month apart.

Hows that for close...

It's true when they say "your only a s "OLD" as you feel.

I have a Band, 2 artificial knees.

I stay between 800-1200 calories a day, Protein between 60-80.

Also in the Gym, and Pool 3 x a week.

I don't think our Generation is OLD ? Not Yet anyway. I feel to good for that.

Hope you kina feel the same.

Shirley.

Thanks. Mine is a birthday present to myself as well. The next 10 days have got to speed by. I'm not the most patient person in the world (with myself). I'm a hunter, not a gatherer nor a farmer. I want to get this show on the road.

I hear that one !

Happy Birthday to you !

:party::party::party::party::party::nopity:

Shirley, I am the youngest person my age I know. I'm very immature for my age. I spend my days (until recently) still in middle school. My students always remarked that I acted a lot younger than their grandparents (and they were younger than me). My friends forget that I'm not in my thirties and their age. I am joyful everyday, and if not, I take the time to find something to be joyful about. I have issues with sugar and wheat and finally got it through my skull that they are poison to me. If I don't get enough Protein, I'm very cranky. I have lost 40 pounds since March getting ready for this surgery. I do my own yardwork and have stationary bikes to keep moving in the evenings. I love deep Water running and plan to get back in the pool as soon as I am cleared to do so. Thanks for being an inspiration to me. I'll be counting on your wisdom in the future.

Great Year To Be BORN In ! We sound allot alike. Trust me.....

My surgery is set for Oct. 6th so nervous yet so excited !

I was just wondering about everyone's lives. Are you married, single, do you have kids? What do you do for work? What do you do for fun?

I have been married for 3 years and I have a 14 month old. I'm a receptionist at a mental health center. I love to read and as a family we try to go to a lot of different parks to walk and play. I also really like to cook so finding things that will work with the band should be a fun challange.

I've been married over 8 years and have 3 children, a daughter 7 years old, a son almost 4 years old and another son 19 months old. I work as a medical biller, get to work from home which you would think is great but it's really what help added to my weight gain.

Hi, I just had my pre-op this week and am waiting for my October surgery date. They called to set up my date and I wasn't home. I am waiting for that second call It is keeping me on pins and needles. I am so excited. Rebecca :)

Married 35 yr., 2 sons, and 2 Grandsons, not counting how many more might be lurking around, that I don't know about !

I've been married over 8 years and have 3 children, a daughter 7 years old, a son almost 4 years old and another son 19 months old. I work as a medical biller, get to work from home which you would think is great but it's really what help added to my weight gain.

I was teaching preschool before I started this job. I was up and down and out to the playground and moving more. This new job has definatly contributed. Its hard to sit all day and not munch! Although with the preschool there were a lot of preschool Snacks around :rolleyes:

I am not scheduled yet but hoping for surgery mid to late oct. I can't wait!!! I just submitted to insurance this past thursday, but from what I hear from a co worker I should know something this coming week.

I was just wondering about everyone's lives. Are you married, single, do you have kids? What do you do for work? What do you do for fun? "

My response to these questions & More......

I'm widowed (since 2003) have 4 adult children and a "gaggle" LOL of grandchildren ranging (from 23 years old -1 year) . I work for a county government as an Executive Assistant in the Finance/Purchasing Division. My adult children all live in Southern states.. I relocated back to the Midwest (my home state is IL) in 2004 after my husband died to be closer to my Father (my only living parent). One day when I can retire, I will probably relocate back to the South.

I love movies & reading ( I carry my Nook everywhere). I also enjoy traveling, (love the Caribbean Islands) the theater, museums, etc. I play "Bingo" a couple of nights a week, (even though some of those OLD folks need a real life outside of Bingo, they are so mean) LOL. I didn't start gaining weight until later in life, and it's been one diet or weight loss program after another. My highest weight was 270 which was during the months my husband was hospitalized after surgery, with a hospital acquired "staph infection" which ultimately caused his death. I lost 25 pounds after that and since I've fluctuated between 240 & 217..Haven't been able to get under 200, which led me to begin researching the Lap Band.

Most of my older friends still live down south as I lived in Florida & GA for 23 years. My close friends here are all younger women that I work with. I'm the "old" lady in the group, (age wise) but I'm very youthful in my outlook on life, I'm very "techie" as my grandchildren will say. Some of their friends crack up because I've been texting my grands for years. My daughters & Sons tease me they tell me they believe I'll be a "Cougar" after I lose this weight. My son said to me, Ma, you better get ready, because you gonna get a whole lot of attention now, are you going to be ready for it? Now that isn't my goal,, but if it comes as a result, maybe I won't have to have the "widow" title for the rest of my "healthier" life.. (lol)

Here's an update about my "2 week" liquid diet.< /strong>. I started Monday, when I weighed in with the Nutritionist, her scale had me at 238, today on my scale, I' m down to 225.5!! As others state it gets a easier to do as each day passes, yesterday I have to admit I wanted to chew something and I ate 1 Potato Chip.. Hey Lay's (someone can eat just 1). It was enough to satisfy that urge, but not allow me to sabotage my weight loss to date. Oooh, I'm glad I can confess that to a non-judgemental group!!!!:o This has been a strange few days, it really makes you think, why was I eating so much food, when I can't really not be that "hungry" because I'm surving on broth, sugar free juice (diluted with water) & Protein Shakes. I admit a couple of days at work I had to go into the cafeteria for my skim milk for my "shake" and they had a couple of my favorites "Roasted Chicken" and Lasagana.. My co-worker went with me and had to wait for her sandwich to be prepared, but me standing around waiting for her (and the visuals & the smells) were getting to me, I had to leave her there and take the elevator back to our floor. When she came up I told her, why I had to leave, (she is one of the few persons I told) she totally understood. After I drank my shake, I was good.. So there are those moments that you have to use your "mental prowess" to fight the temptations of the food around you.. I keep my eye on the "prize" losing the pre-surgery weight per my DR & Nutrionist orders..

Oh i found a tip here in the Forum about Soup, so I bought the Progressive chicken Noodle Soup - drained it and put the chicken & noodles in a Freezer Bag, (don't know if I'll ever be able to eat it but couldn't just throw it out) I had a bowl of that broth only and added some Roasted Pepper it was so much more satisfying than the plain Chicken Broth.. So sharing tips on how to get satisfying liquids sure help!!

This ends my Sunday morning diatribe.....I'm heading into 1 week of liquids with a feeling of accomplishment!!!! Kudos to all that are going through it too.. We will survive & learn so much from this!!!

"Cynsayshun"

PS, can someone (pleeeeeze) tell me why my "Ticker" remains a jumbled mess of HTML Codes?

"Cynsayshun"

PS, can someone (pleeeeeze) tell me why my "Ticker" remains a jumbled mess of HTML Codes?

Try one of the other codes they give you...you can preview your signature before you finish it to make sure it shows up correctly.

My surgery is set for Oct. 6th so nervous yet so excited !

Me too! How are you doing on your pre-op diet? I'm doing better with each day but man oh man the boys ran thru McDonald's yesterday after my son's football game and I was like I give up give me a #1 and a large dr. pepper. BUT I held strong and did not give in!!! I have more will power than I thought.