Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

have you found another brand of Protein to try? they really do taste different. if you can go to a reputable health foods store or Vitamin Shoppe so they can help with questions. the protein makes such a difference on weight loss. it's hard to get 50 - 60 grams with the food we can eat. sipping liquids will help with the hunger part. keep going, you know you are on the right path!!!

Hi October bandsters!! My surgery is Monday! My pr-op diet hasn't been TOO bad! I was supposed to have 2 lite meals and 2 Protein Shakes each day for a week. But, I CANNOT stand the protein shakes and I was REALLY HUNGRY.. so I called my doc and they said I could add as many of the fresh or steamed veggies as I wanted. THANK GOD! I also have been eating greek yogurt, which has double the protein of regular yogurt and it's non fat. Dannon greek is pretty good. What types of liquids is everyone having or planning to have POST-OP??

Hi, I had my surgery on Wed. the 26th. was cleared after my upper GI.and came home yesterday. I had my first shake and full liqud diet today. Appelsauce yum! Well so far the pain hasn't been to bad, Just on the car ride home, 4 1/2 hours. Well I'm really glad that I got the band. Everything is going great and in 2 days I'm down 3 lbs. Rebecca :)

Well so far the pain hasn't been to bad, Just on the car ride home, 4 1/2 hours.

Wow! 4.5 hours must have been brutal. My car ride home was rough also but it only lasted a little over an hour. Good luck!

Well I was banded yesterday 10/27 Was taken back to surgery a little after 8 am and wa in phase one recovery by a little after 9 and in phase two recovery a little after 10 am....in the begining had major gas pain in my left shoulder but that ended fairly quickly but had a killer back ache my back is still hurting just a little. I actually slept great last night and was able to sleep on my sides and doing great today a little pain. Im not hungry which is good ive been drinking my Water and broth and a little Jello. My incisions are looking great im feeling pretty great been sleeping off and on today just taking it easy.

Tomorrow is the BIG day! I've been denied and denied that I can't believe it's here. I've been having some wild dreams! Is it nerves or just knowing that I'll finally be banded? Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I hope that everyone's surgery has gone well! To those that will be Halloween Banditas, best of luck tomorrow! We'll all be losers! Ha! Take care!

Tomorrow is the BIG day! I've been denied and denied that I can't believe it's here. I've been having some wild dreams! Is it nerves or just knowing that I'll finally be banded? Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I hope that everyone's surgery has gone well! To those that will be Halloween Banditas, best of luck tomorrow! We'll all be losers! Ha! Take care!

Once you are at the hospital, just know you are in good hands and relax. It is all over sooner than you can imagine. Follow the doctor's instructions, don't be a hero and take your pain meds, drink your Protein and Water and the recovery will go easy as well. Then the hard work starts.

It's your Lucky Day !;)

We will be true Band Sisters. We will both have the same month and date.

Tomorrow will be my "5 year BANDIVERSARY". I loved that date, and would not change it.

I am proud to e a October 31, 2006 Bandster.

Trust me I will be thinking of you. You got Lucky on the Date, Surgery, and success. I can feel it.

Maybe I should post it tomorrow that it's my Bandaversary ? What do you all think ?

Let me know, Shirley.

Had my surgery on the 31st. Just made October! So far so good. Still gassy and no mo BM, but very little pain. I am encouraged.

Had my surgery on the 31st. Just made October! So far so good. Still gassy and no mo BM, but very little pain. I am encouraged.

Congratulations! Now you can join us on the October post surgery post.

BTW. I had some probiatic yogurt to get the things moving again about 4 days after surgery. One was all it took.