Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

I'm getting banded on the 31st also.... I started my liquid diet today!

me too :) also halloween!

Good morning! I am just realizing that this is my last full week at work and this is my last weekend to get things done. My surgery is on the 27th. I started the liquids last Thursday and the first 3 days were not fun but since then it really has been okay. I have a lot more energy than I did at first and I'm back to walking again. I think has helped to get rid of all the cravings (sugar and caffiene mostly). Herbal teas have been my best friend this week. Good luck to the people getting banded today!

Just took my final class explainig everything that is going to happen. I will have an overnight in the hospital, but that's ok with me . They said that they wake me up every 2 hours to walk. Not looking forward to that. Oh well. My surgery is on Wed. and I can't wait. Good luck to all of the bandsters that are today and in the next few days! Rebecca :rolleyes:

Hey guys! Im not getting banded in October but maybe you guys could help me out. I am meeting my doc for the first time in a week, already completed the 6 month diet. Thing is, my BMI is RIGHT at 40. Does this mean I still have to try to lose weight with the pre-op? (I dont have any co-morbities) This will put me below 40 BMI and my insurance wont cover it then...anyone around 40 BMI have any information they can give me? Also, should I expect anything with the nutritionist appt or the support group thing ( I have to attend 3!)

THANKS SO MUCH!

Hi all,

I am officially banded (10/20/11). Yeah!!!!!!. They also repaired a hiatal hernia. I ended up staying the night at the hospital. My surgery was late in the afternoon everything went smoothly. I was sore yesterday especially when I moved around. However, when I woke up this morning I felt much better. I was able to walk the halls at the hospital. I lost 17 pounds on the pre-op diet. I am looking forward to the journey that is ahead. Good luck to everyone yet to be banded.

Take Care

I'm home and banded. It could not have gone better (except for the overnight stay in ICU as a precaution - sleep apenia). I'm actually feeling quite good. Sore, but tolerable. So far, no gas. No hernia, yeah me! But the surgeon did put in a couple stitches to shore up a weak spot. Slept on and off today, was able to drink Water and have some chicken broth.

To all of those following me, piece of cake. The hardest thing was remembering the names of all the doctors, nurses, etc.

Also, a shout out to NYU hospital. I felt so well taken care of.

Hey guys! Im not getting banded in October but maybe you guys could help me out. I am meeting my doc for the first time in a week, already completed the 6 month diet. Thing is, my BMI is RIGHT at 40. Does this mean I still have to try to lose weight with the pre-op? (I dont have any co-morbities) This will put me below 40 BMI and my insurance wont cover it then...anyone around 40 BMI have any information they can give me? Also, should I expect anything with the nutritionist appt or the support group thing ( I have to attend 3!)

THANKS SO MUCH!

If you have already been approved by your insurance then you do not have to worry about it. The pre-op diet is for shrinking your liver and it will make it easier for the surgeon to go around your liver to get to your stomach.

Debora

weight.png

I am officially a Bandster! I had my surgery this morning at 11am and was home by 2:15! The pain from the surgery hasn't been bad at all, BUT the gas pain in my chest, shoulders and back is kicking' my booty!! Wowsers, I knew I could have that, but didn't realize how painful it could be! Anyway, I have been walking quite a bit and that seems to help, sitting definitely aggravates it! It's really weird to on the other side!

I'm home and banded. It could not have gone better (except for the overnight stay in ICU as a precaution - sleep apenia). I'm actually feeling quite good. Sore, but tolerable. So far, no gas. No hernia, yeah me! But the surgeon did put in a couple stitches to shore up a weak spot. Slept on and off today, was able to drink Water and have some chicken broth.

To all of those following me, piece of cake. The hardest thing was remembering the names of all the doctors, nurses, etc.

Also, a shout out to NYU hospital. I felt so well taken care of.

Glad everything went well - keep us posted on your progress. Follow-up at NYU today was a breeze, so make your 2 appts back to back as soon as you can. Take care!

Welll I'm now part of the banded team! I have no pain and no gas pain. I kept waiting for the pain to come and it hasn't.

The only issue I had was my sugar jumped to 225.

Glad to hear you are doing so well! My sugar also was rather high and the nurses monitored it, somewhat, and gave me shots of Humalog.

Welll I'm now part of the banded team! I have no pain and no gas pain. I kept waiting for the pain to come and it hasn't.

The only issue I had was my sugar jumped to 225.

OCTOBER 13th, for me! :)

Just joined for continued support. recipe swaps and inspiration! Look forward to chatting with you all at some point!

Glad to hear you are doing so well! My sugar also was rather high and the nurses monitored it, somewhat, and gave me shots of Humalog.

I forgot to mention I also had a Hiatal Hernia removed. Doc said my sugar went up because of the steroids they gave me. They gave me an insulin shot. If they told me what kind, I don't remember. Only problem I have now, is staying awake.

Glad everything went well - keep us posted on your progress. Follow-up at NYU today was a breeze, so make your 2 appts back to back as soon as you can. Take care!

Thanks Cindy. I'm waiting for Monday and then I am going to try to scheduled them for Friday.

I have not had any gas issues, which I attribute to the great surgical team at NYU. What about you?

I know what you mean. I still find it pretty weird I have this thing in my body.

I question whether it is actually in there. Can't wait to see it on the xray next week. My surgeon waits a week to do the xray.