Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Hi October bandsters!! My surgery is Monday! My pr-op diet hasn't been TOO bad! I was supposed to have 2 lite meals and 2 Protein Shakes each day for a week. But, I CANNOT stand the Protein shakes and I was REALLY HUNGRY.. so I called my doc and they said I could add as many of the fresh or steamed veggies as I wanted. THANK GOD! I also have been eating greek yogurt, which has double the protein of regular yogurt and it's non fat. Dannon greek is pretty good. What types of liquids is everyone having or planning to have POST-OP??

I am 4 days post op and feeling pretty good (except no bowel movement yet)!!

I am drinking carnation instant Breakfast with fat free milk, lots of home made broth, chinese takeout egg drop Soup,

and popsicles! thats it. I think I am running about 500 calories a day, I try to have a bit more, but it still seems to be between 500 to 800 calories..

I'm not real hungry yet but this morning reading the NYTimes I saw a recipe for chicken cutlets and my mouth watered. haha.

I have had a pretty wicked headache today, so I am drinking more Water than usual.

What is everyone else eating and drinking?

ps.. I'm having a gin and tonic tonight come hell or high water. It's Saturday night!

Glad to hear you are doing so well! My sugar also was rather high and the nurses monitored it, somewhat, and gave me shots of Humalog.

Isn't that strange? I had to have a shot of insulin as well and I am not diabetic.

Debora

weight.png

I question whether it is actually in there. Can't wait to see it on the xray next week. My surgeon waits a week to do the xray.

I did the contrast swallow the morning after the surgery and saw it with my own eyes and yes it is strange. I have had the band work for me though; if I drink too fast I get a tightness in my chest so I know it works. I am on Clear Liquids until next Thursday and can't wait to advance to full liquids! I want something more filling; my stomach growls many times a day even though I am not really hungry.

Debora

weight.png

Hi October bandsters!! My surgery is Monday! My pr-op diet hasn't been TOO bad! I was supposed to have 2 lite meals and 2 Protein Shakes each day for a week. But, I CANNOT stand the Protein shakes and I was REALLY HUNGRY.. so I called my doc and they said I could add as many of the fresh or steamed veggies as I wanted. THANK GOD! I also have been eating greek yogurt, which has double the protein of regular yogurt and it's non fat. Dannon greek is pretty good. What types of liquids is everyone having or planning to have POST-OP??

I have juice (grape is my favorite), beef & chicken broth, Jello, and crystal light (store brand). It takes me all day to have a glass of juice but I have broth for meals. I haven't made the jello yet (jello is not my favorite thing). My stomach growls even though I am not hungry. I try to drink as much as possible so I do not get dehydrated. My first appointment with my surgeon's office is next Thursday and I am hoping they advance me to full liquids. I can't wait for the creamy soups!

Debora

weight.png

I am drinking carnation instant breakfast with fat free milk, lots of home made broth, chinese takeout egg drop Soup,

and popsicles! thats it. I think I am running about 500 calories a day, I try to have a bit more, but it still seems to be between 500 to 800 calories..

I'm not real hungry yet but this morning reading the NYTimes I saw a recipe for chicken cutlets and my mouth watered. haha.

I have had a pretty wicked headache today, so I am drinking more Water than usual.

ps.. I'm having a gin and tonic tonight come hell or high water. It's Saturday night!

I'm not allowed to have milk products until they advance me to full liquids; although my surgeon's nurse said that if I was starving by this coming Tuesday I could have a Protein Shake. Your diet sounds heavenly.

Debora

weight.png

:seeya: Hi Ya'll.....

I havent been on in a few days how are my other 10/27 banders doing on your pro op diet?

I have got to say it hasnt been too bad I've been doing the best i can. When I am at work I actually find it a lot easire than when I am at home. My poor mom HATES to eat to eat in front of me and so do my friends at work lol. But to be honest it does not bother me for people to eat in front of me.

Well thursday the 27th is the big I have already gotten my approval for my flma woot!! I am super excited and of course nervous.

I'm not hungry at all 3 days post op. I've been drinking Water and apple juice. I'm on full liquids. I finally had a Protein Shake yesterday w/ a tbsp of Peanut Butter blended in cause I had a headache that would not go away. I have not pooped and would really like to. I may have a probiatic yogurt later today. Right now i am sipping more apple juice.

Well, I got banded yesterday and had my umbilical hernia repaired at the same time. I don't have a lot of pain except when getting up and down and adjusting my position. I only had to ask for pain medicine once. I was so happy to be discharged; I just got home a few minutes ago. Trying to fend off the kitten who likes to jump on me; I feel like a goalie in a soccer game! LOL! I am glad I did it but will be glad when all the soreness goes away.

Debora

weight.png

LOL! I'm not the only one with the kitten problem. I've been locking myself in my room because every time she pounces on my stomach.

LOL! I'm not the only one with the kitten problem. I've been locking myself in my room because every time she pounces on my stomach.

When I sit in the living room I keep a pillow over my stomach as a precaution. I have fallen asleep many times in my rocker/recliner and need to make sure that if the kitten does jump on me I have a little bit of protection. He is a very loving cat and cannot figure out why I won't hold and cuddle him right now. Neither of my cats are allowed in my room at night while I sleep so I get very restful sleep.

Debora

weight.png

When I sit in the living room I keep a pillow over my stomach as a precaution. I have fallen asleep many times in my rocker/recliner and need to make sure that if the kitten does jump on me I have a little bit of protection. He is a very loving cat and cannot figure out why I won't hold and cuddle him right now. Neither of my cats are allowed in my room at night while I sleep so I get very restful sleep.

Debora

weight.png

My cat is sitting on my desk staring at me right now. He's pretty zen. But we have a yorkie puppy that is over 10lbs. He can't figure out why mommy won't pick him up. He actually sits at my feet and grrs to get my attention.

Thanks Cindy. I'm waiting for Monday and then I am going to try to scheduled them for Friday.

I have not had any gas issues, which I attribute to the great surgical team at NYU. What about you?

I did have gas pains, so I think it just depends on the person. A little over a week later I feel great, have been on the treadmill a couple times this week and ready to go back to work tomorrow.

I did have gas pains, so I think it just depends on the person. A little over a week later I feel great, have been on the treadmill a couple times this week and ready to go back to work tomorrow.

Wow. That is terrific. Take it easy tomorrow at work. Don't overdo it.

i am 6 days post op

only drinking 2 the most Optifast and sometime chinese broth

of course Water

the gas is still in my left shoulder and the incisions still give me a twing

back to work today so i will see how that goes

I am drinking carnation instant breakfast with fat free milk, lots of home made broth, chinese takeout egg drop Soup,

I have had a pretty wicked headache today, so I am drinking more water than usual.

I am ONE day away form my surgery!!! I feel good, I feel ready. I am so happy to have

come to this forum b4 the surgery. I have received such good advise and agreed

with many when they felt discouraged.

I hope to let you know how it all went by Saturday. I wish I didn't have to wait so

long to get back into exercise, it has been such a God send for getting me ready.

I have not been able to look at myself in the mirror(other than my face) for so long!

Wish me luck, hope the pain is minimal. I'm kind of a wimp in that regard!!