Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

I am gonna Join the ranks of October Bandsters as I got the confirmation date of my surgery it is gonna be the 4th and I am so excited but nervous at the same time this will be the first surgery that I am actually completely out and not just numb from head to toe lol but I am looking forward to a thinner me and a sexier me so is Hubby he is excited but just showing it different.

Welcome Navy Wife!!! Where are you from?

Welcome Aboard !

My date is October 27th. It seems so far but I know it will be here soon. I'll get to hear all of your experiences first. I have stopped all caffiene and soda as of today. (I'm sure I will be busting out the tylenol soon) Good luck to everyone!

I was horribly addicted to Diet Cokes, I just cut them down to 1 a day for awhile and then eventually went until I didn't have any just Water all day. It gets easier, but yesterday i had a horrible Migraine and had to drink a 20 oz....not fun, but i'm back on the wagon today and haven't had any so far. Good luck to you, I know it will be hard but you will do it!

My date is October 27th. It seems so far but I know it will be here soon. I'll get to hear all of your experiences first. I have stopped all caffiene and soda as of today. (I'm sure I will be busting out the tylenol soon) Good luck to everyone!

I am from Kansas City as well. I am having mine done at KC Bariatric. It's good to know there is someone else in the area. I went and bought the Bariatric Fusion shakes from the surgeon's office today so that I can start trying them at Breakfast each morning.

Who is your doctor?

I am from Kansas City as well. I am having mine done at KC Bariatric. It's good to know there is someone else in the area. I went and bought the bariatric fusion shakes from the surgeon's office today so that I can start trying them at breakfast each morning.

Dr Hoehn He has done several of my coworkers as well.

When I came home today, I changed cloths, and combed my hair in the Mirror. I had to throw this long hair back, and what popped out at me !

I have a Collarbone !

I have not seen that in years..................................

This is just another suprise that has come my way from this Band.

Thought you might want to know!

TGIF !

A collar bone would be worth celebrating. I can feel them under my well padded skin, but can't remember what they look like. Way to go. Soon, I'll be complaining about hard chairs and being cold. Whole new set of complaints. I'll tell myself to hush. It can be worse, because it has been worse.

I.m in Northern, Michigan, and it has got Cold already ! Brrr.

But,,, I will Dress for it, and not complain, because I know I am a lot better of this way..

So I will do whatever I have to do..

Yes I will Freeze, But it comes with the Territory. LOL

and I'll take it.....

I am getting ready for my pre op and wondered if it is easier if we ease into it. I am curious if anyone has given up one meal for a shake for a couple of days and then given up another meal for another shake instead of just going cold turkey. I am not a big soda drinker so I am not worried about having to get off of things like that, just wondered if it is easier to ease into the preop diet. Im also curious, what are you all doing to get ready for surgery? What kind of things are you gathering to make post op easier?? I went looking for liquid tylenol yesterday and couldnt find any except with cold medicine in it too.

Cynsayshun - what a good idea to wright a letter to our family's, etc. I am going to do that today. I hope yall are doing well today!

I had a very hard day yesterday with my 1st day of pre-op. I can have 3 Protein Shakes a day & no food. By the afternoon my mind was plotting against me. I was going a lil crazy but I made it through with minimal cheating...I had a couple bites of cottage cheese and a handful of chicken at dinner time so I didn't drink my last Protein Shake. I was so tired I was asleep by 8pm which is absolutely unheard of for me. My head is still aching since yesterday & it brought on aunt flo early...

I know today will be better & this is totally worth it. I can do it! We can all do it!

It really does better...you can do it! Day 5 is almost done for me and I'm really not hungry anymore. I still want to eat the things that made me fat...out of habit but not out of hunger. I still don't like the shakes but I have some old stuff to use before I try a different brand. I'm still exhausted though...asleep by 930ish every night. I'm ok with it though it gives me less time to think about eating!

I was at the grocery store last night and had a kit kat in my hand ready to buy and I put it down...then this morning I was running late and told my self I was going to stop at Burger King instead of drink my shake. I stepped on the scale and I'm down 6.3 lbs since Monday!!! I skipped Burger King and drank my shake. biggrin.gif I've cheated a couple times through out the week but nothing bad and I'm still losing...I had some natural unsalted almonds this afternoon and the other day I had an apple...I need something crunchy.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!