Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Hello m1aman...

I heard it through the grapevine that the best broth is home made broth. I cant remember who or where i saw it posted... but it stated one should buy a chicken, put it in a pot filled with Water, throw in some herbs n seasonings, some vegetables like celery, onions, bell pepper, carrots or whatever you like... maybe add a bouillon cube... and let it slow cook. it's like home made chicken Soup with better flavor and will probably satisfy your taste buds a lot better than canned broth. Just pour off the broth and bottle it up in containers. I hear it freezes well also. Hope this helps...I am so NOT looking forward to the 2wk liquid post-op diet... My surgeon requires me to do a 10-day Atkins pre-op diet.

So i wont be able to experience your pain...sad.gif

Thanks. I just got back from the store with some chicken broth. I added some seasonings to it and it was pretty good. Better than Jello. The salt made a big difference I think.

I'm not that much into the Atkins Diet one on one. But I do know that the diet consists of a lot of Protein.< /p>

You can go on line and get a printout of a high protein diet, and probabley some atkins recipes.< /p>

You should follow a certain amount of calorie a day diet too, or you could eat all day long...

Check ebay, and amason.com for a price on a Atkins cook book

My journey was pretty quick...had my initial consultation in early July and was approved in August, and surgery is 10/04. I just got my authorization letter from insurance in the mail today and had the hospital call this afternoon to pre-register. I have the seminar and my final visit with the surgeon next Thursday! My

pre op diet is 3 shakes and 1 meal and zero snacking...I had to call the nurse today just to make sure on the snacking. smile.gif I'm starving...the shakes do absolutely nothing for me but I know it will all be worth it. Needless to say I'm not in the best mood, I think I'll just go to bed as soon as my little guy does.

BTW...I'm in SD, 29 years old, 5' 4" and 269 lbs.

Good luck to all of you! I'm excited for all of us and can't wait to see what our new lives bring us.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I think I will mix veg and a cube and put it in the crock pot.

Hello m1aman...

I heard it through the grapevine that the best broth is home made broth. I cant remember who or where i saw it posted... but it stated one should buy a chicken, put it in a pot filled with Water, throw in some herbs n seasonings, some vegetables like celery, onions, bell pepper, carrots or whatever you like... maybe add a bouillon cube... and let it slow cook. it's like home made chicken Soup with better flavor and will probably satisfy your taste buds a lot better than canned broth. Just pour off the broth and bottle it up in containers. I hear it freezes well also. Hope this helps...I am so NOT looking forward to the 2wk liquid post-op diet... My surgeon requires me to do a 10-day Atkins pre-op diet.

So i wont be able to experience your pain...sad.gif

My surgery date is Oct 14th and I am very excited too! A little nervous about the liquids for two weeks though.

My journey was pretty quick...had my initial consultation in early July and was approved in August, and surgery is 10/04. I just got my authorization letter from insurance in the mail today and had the hospital call this afternoon to pre-register. I have the seminar and my final visit with the surgeon next Thursday! My

pre op diet is 3 shakes and 1 meal and zero snacking...I had to call the nurse today just to make sure on the snacking. smile.gif I'm starving...the shakes do absolutely nothing for me but I know it will all be worth it. Needless to say I'm not in the best mood, I think I'll just go to bed as soon as my little guy does.

BTW...I'm in SD, 29 years old, 5' 4" and 269 lbs.

Good luck to all of you! I'm excited for all of us and can't wait to see what our new lives bring us.

I was allowed sugar free popcicles and sugar free Jello as Snacks during the pre-op diet and really helped control the hunger. Ask your doctor about these.

My surgery is on the 3rd and I started my liquid diet today. I am not allowed any food, but instead three Protein shakes a day and a bunch of Clear liquids. Its only 2 o'clock and I already feel the stomach pains......

I started my Pre-Surgery liquid diet and I'm suppose to have 4 Protein Shakes, and consum 800-1000 calories I don't know how I can do that on liquids only. I could only get in 3 shakes & a sugar free Jello and a bowl of chicken broth. I've been drinking Water, I somewhat hungry but more puzzled about how to get the required calories in?? Any suggestions.. I am not suppose to eat any foods, this is going to be the longest two weeks in my life. I have an awful taste in my mouth from the Slimfast shakes and it doesnt' seem to want to go away. I have also used powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein shake and it takes good and doesn't give my stomach the "flux" like the Slim Fast shakes. I bought them because they seemed more convenient for carrying to work instead of powder and milk for the Unjury Shakes.. Can someone tell me how to sucessfully get through these two weeks..

I feel like I have a slight headache from not eating and I am fearful of taking anything, for fear it will push back my surgery..I'm feeling a little ambivalent right now, this is my SOS!! This is just day one!!!

I also have a headache since I quit eating. I am hoping it will go away after my body adjust. I started Sunday night so I have only completed two days. There has also been a little looseness down south if you know what I mean.

I also have a headache since I quit eating. I am hoping it will go away after my body adjust. I started Sunday night so I have only completed two days. There has also been a little looseness down south if you know what I mean.

Someone posted earlier in this forum stating that it gets easier after 3-4 days and they are correct. You will feel better by Wednesday. Hang in there. The looseness is probably from the Protein drinks. Make sure you drink more Water than normal to prevent dehydration. Jake

Hello All :)

Im getting banded October 25th!!!! Im super excited and super scared all at the same time. I need to do this. I think my biggest issue it not being able to drink and eat at the same time and not being able to drink an entire bottle of Water in 5 seconds. But if thats the worst thing then i think i ca over come it. If and any pointers please pass me way. Good luck and Congratulations to all :)

I worry about that too. I am one of those people that actually likes Water and can down a bottle in minutes when I am thirsty. And if I do not drink with my meal, I feel like I may choke. Maybe that is a result of eating too fast and will go away if I slow down. Here's hoping.

BTW. I'm from NYC.

Hello everyone!!!! My name is Cheryl, I'm 24 and my surgery date is October 7th :D. I started my journey in Feb this year and have come so far already! I start my pre-op shakes and bars tomorrow but have done them before (my doctor offers a very low calorie diet using the same products which I did but couldn't stand not having food for so long so I opted out of that after two months lol). I'm very excited for the surgery and glad we finally have a group! I live in Milwaukee WI and hopefully someone is willing and close enough to do gatherings... I think I saw a few of you in the Chicago area and I am totally willing to drive the distance to be with some people who are experiencing the same sorts of things.

I've learned so much information already so I will share when I can and Good Luck to everyone on their journeys!!!!!!!

Hi Cheryl... Im in a suberb just west of Chicao but I was born n raised in Chicago... But any hoo... I'm a truck driver as well, so driving isnt an issue for me either... My date October 14th... 1week after you. We definitely have to do some things once we have healed from surgery. Add me as a friend and definitely keep me posted on your journey... Yay!!!

Hello everyone!!!! My name is Cheryl, I'm 24 and my surgery date is October 7th :D. I started my journey in Feb this year and have come so far already! I start my pre-op shakes and bars tomorrow but have done them before (my doctor offers a very low calorie diet using the same products which I did but couldn't stand not having food for so long so I opted out of that after two months lol). I'm very excited for the surgery and glad we finally have a group! I live in Milwaukee WI and hopefully someone is willing and close enough to do gatherings... I think I saw a few of you in the Chicago area and I am totally willing to drive the distance to be with some people who are experiencing the same sorts of things.

I've learned so much information already so I will share when I can and Good Luck to everyone on their journeys!!!!!!!

Hello! I, too, and shooting for an October surgery date. I had my last weigh-in on Friday and they were supposed to submit my insurance for approval today BUT, they lost my denial letter for my primary...grrrr :angry: . So we have to wait 24-48 to get another one so they can submit to my secondary insurance (i have completed all the qualifications for the secondary, didn't meet my primary requirements). So best of luck to ya! Please keep us updated on your journey!B)

MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING FOR YOUR RECORDS

I have a great recipe for chicken Soup that is flawless. I make it often, and the husband loves it.

Wylers low sodium crushed chicken Boulion 1/2 bottle This Is Excellent Stuff.

carrots, parsnips sliced

fresh parsley chop some up.

add chicken. this could be a couple breasts (THEN MAKE CHICKEN salad OUT OF THEM) or what ever you want I think the wings make the best Soup.< /p>

put in all in a Dutch Oven about 5 quarts.

cover and cook slow through out the day.

This is great.

Freeze the broth in individual containers, so you just pull out what you will eat.

Shirley.