Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Yay I got my approval today and my surgery date for October 14, 2011. Im soo happy! So will be here ...from now on..I have been on this journey for over a year now to get an approval...Sooo Happy.!!!!

LOL Shirly~

I look forward to your posts and helping us through this experience!

Good ! I'll just slide rite in then.

Anyone not interested speak up !

Shirley.

Hello October bandsters, this is my first post on these forums. I have been wanting the surgery for about 6 years, but my insurance will not pay for it so I needed to save up the money for cash pay. I am happy to report that I got my date today and it is October 14! I am excited and can't wait to be a better me! I will start the pre-op diet sometime next week. I have all of my consult appointment for next week on the same day. I will meet the surgeon, see the dietitian, and then take the pre-op teaching class. I'll keep you guys updated! I'm so glad I found these forums, they have been a lot of help to me!! Thank you to all who have experienced this journey and shared it will us!

Jess

October 4th for me!! I've been excited the entire time and now that it's only 2 weeks away, I'm super nervous. Started my diet today....3 shakes and a small dinner.< /p>

Hi, just got my surgery date today. It is Oct. 14. So excited and ready for this. I go on Sept. 27th to get all my info and pre op diet, I quess. Just wondering if any of you on meds can continue taking?

Glad I have this board to come to!!

Randi

I am all for being apart of this group. My surgery is scheduled for October 14th!!! Yay... SO what do we do as a group??? I started my journey by attending a seminar on August 18. I did all the requirements and the nurse submitted my papers to insurance this past Tues 9/13 and I was approved for surgery two days later Thur 9/15. I have to do a 10 day Atkins diet for my pre-op diet. I'm so excited. Let's go October Bandsters!!!

You have challenges like Thanksgiving... Who will lose10 lbs. by Thanksgiving ?

Any of you in your same state ? You might want to set up a celebration 1 year from now,

and see how you all look.

You all keep tight as October, 2011 Bandsters, because there will never be another group once the month is gone.

You'll figure out more.

Shirley.

October 4th is my day too! I met with the nutritionist today who took my full body photo, and went over some things with me. My weight was down 10 lbs. since my first visit with her in May. Today I started the liquid diet which consists of Protein shakes 4 x daily for a calorie count between 800 - 1000 daily until my surgery date.

She showed me the General Surgery floor that I will be on after the surgery (Lap Band) and assured me I will be there the minimum being 2 days.. I am excited and nervous as I suppose we all are..

I'm going to have to exercise a lot of will power to just do the shakes for 2 weeks, but I'm determined to do it.. I wish I could fall asleep and wake up 2 weeks from now, LOL.

I've been drinking the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury vanilla for Breakfast several times a week since June. I have ordered the chocolate as well, but the vanilla is really good!! I bought the Slim Fast strawberry, shakes to, just because they are bottled and ready to go, which is really convenient for me while working in my office..

So October Bandsters, lets forge on to lighter & healthier bodies..

Until.....

"Cynsayshun":rolleyes:

I'm scheduled for October 20. Finally. It has been a year getting this far. I start my liquid diet on the 6th. All shakes and Clear Liquids. The only solid food is one serving of steamed veggies if I need it. It is funny about how differnet each doctor is about the pre-diet. But I will follow my doctor's directions. It was a fatty liver that caused some of my delay.

Ok we have two vets in the group. I would like to know from the vets what worked and what did not work for you in the early stages of your journey. I know that I am worried about the unknown. My nerves are shot with the unknown. Maybe you can help us youngsters out and give us a heart to heart.

Sure ! Let me know what your looking for, and I will try to comment.

Leaving though, so it won't be till later on .

Wow 2 day in the hospital. I am going home the same day.

October 4th is my day too! I met with the nutritionist today who took my full body photo, and went over some things with me. My weight was down 10 lbs. since my first visit with her in May. Today I started the liquid diet which consists of Protein shakes 4 x daily for a calorie count between 800 - 1000 daily until my surgery date.

She showed me the General Surgery floor that I will be on after the surgery (Lap Band) and assured me I will be there the minimum being 2 days.. I am excited and nervous as I suppose we all are..

I'm going to have to exercise a lot of will power to just do the shakes for 2 weeks, but I'm determined to do it.. I wish I could fall asleep and wake up 2 weeks from now, LOL.

I've been drinking the unjury Vanilla for Breakfast several times a week since June. I have ordered the chocolate as well, but the Vanilla is really good!! I bought the Slim Fast strawberry, shakes to, just because they are bottled and ready to go, which is really convenient for me while working in my office..

So October Bandsters, lets forge on to lighter & healthier bodies..

Until.....

"Cynsayshun":rolleyes:

Where is everybody? I am in Williamsville, NY (east of Buffalo) and am having my surgery with Dr. Dang Tuan Pham. I'd LOVE to find other locals on here!

My doc wants me to stay overnight because I live over an hour away.