Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!!

Yep I know about the Protein. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do me much good. Doc has me on three Protein Shakes per day.

Hi there. What do you mean you were excited? What have you seen that has changed your outlook?

It has been a true reality check of how challenging this process can be and as great as the rewards can be this isn't an easy road. I thought going second would be better but yikes I don't know now! I'm guess I'm just beginning to get nervous.

Yep I know about the Protein. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do me much good. Doc has me on three Protein shakes per day.

Same here...the shakes do nothing for me at least it doesn't seem like they do. Taco Johns is my weakness. Any one worried about the weekend? It's easy for me to do well during the week at work but at home I normally snack all day along...so I'll need to keep myself busy this weekend.

I am scheduled for surgery on Oct 6th! Today was day one of the pre-op diet and it really wasn't too bad.

I am allowed to have all the sugar free popsicles and Jello I want. I can have 3 sugar free fudgesicles a day, up to 3 8 oz glass of skim milk or 8 oz of less than 80 calorie yogurt. Then I get 3 ounces of Protein a day. I save the 3 ounces of Protein to eat with my son and hubby at suppertime.

My son almost 13 knows as well as the rest of my family, and alot of my friends. They are all so supportive. It's nice to have a place like this to have people going thru the same thing!

Hi everyone!! I'm scheduled for surgery on Oct. 10th. I start my 2 wk liquid diet on Monday. I'm really nervous and excited too. I know it will be a rough couple weeks, but I made it this far....

My diet will consist of Protein shakes, greek yogurt, 1% milk, campbells Soup at hand (non-cream based Soups only), sugar free pudding and Jello, and sugar free applesauce.

My Protein drinks of choice will be unjury, Muscle Milk light, and Nestle Carnation sugar free Breakfast w/ additional Protein powder added. I will also be adding unflavored Protein Powder to my Soups. The hardest part will be cooking for my husband everyday and then having to settle for yogurt or Soup for my dinner.

I will have my pre-op testing (EKG, lab work, etc) on Oct. 3.

I live in Harrisonburg, VA and am currently 295lbs and 5'4".

Good luck to all the October bandsters!!!!!

I started my 2 week Pre-Op on Monday and the first couple of days were hard, it seems to get easier daily. The food smells in my office at lunch time has been rough!!!

At first I didn't understand how I could meet the Protein requirement along with the requirement of at least 800 calories.. Then after meeting with the Nutritionist was told to drink 4 Protein shakes daily.. I can have sugar free Jell-O for Snacks or the sugar-free popsicles..I tried to do the "Slim Fast, but it didn''t do well for my stomache, so I'm using the unjury and really like the taste, so that makes it easier. I got a little encouragement this morning when I got on the scale and was down 3 lbs since Monday :D Now I have a question and I hope know one gets upsett but it seems I may be constipated.. I'm never constipated, does the Protein have that side effect, or is there just nothing to come out, since my only intake is liquids?? I sent a mass email to my Family & Close Friends today explaining the surgery and why I chose to do it.. I had heard a few were scared for me, I let them know as with all surgeries there are "risks" however since I don't have a lot of "co-morbities I should be alright.. I also sent them the statistics on the number of deaths from and it like 1 in 17,000, so I told them, unless I'm really "unlucky" I should not have any major problems,

Cyn I have the opposite problem of you! Things are a little juicy. Seems we are reacting to the Protein differently. Your diet sounds like mine except I only get 3 shakes a day. Good luck!

it seems I may be constipated.. I'm never constipated, does the Protein have that side effect,

:D Now I have a question and I hope know one gets upsett but it seems I may be constipated.. I'm never constipated, does the Protein have that side effect, or is there just nothing to come out, since my only intake is liquids? ? I sent a mass email to my Family & Close Friends today explaining the surgery and why I chose to do it.. I had heard a few were scared for me, I let them know as with all surgeries there are "risks" however since I don't have a lot of "co-morbities I should be alright.. I also sent them the statistics on the number of deaths from and it like 1 in 17,000, so I told them, unless I'm really "unlucky" I should not have any major problems,

I remember this happening to me. You may need to use some Milk of Magnesia to unclog the plumbing. Is it truly Constipation or is it because you are not eating solids? You may also want to increase your Water intake to help this. I can assure you that no one will ever get upset with any question posted. That's why we are all here to help. jake

Hello Everyone!

My surgery should have already been done and over with by now, I had my first consultation back in Feb. and did everything my insurance company wanted me to do but of course they denied me at first. I gave up hope then. I figured why appeal it just to get shot down again? I made myself accept the fact I'd just be overweight by whole life. One day at work I got a random phone call from my surgen telling me he submitted my appeal for me and got it approved! I'm so happy I get to finally have it done. My surgery is scheduled Oct 17th :). I haven't really had any instructions yet on a pre op diet but I'm trying to drop some old habits ( again ) and practice what I know is needed after the surgery! I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to sharing this journey with you :)

I remember this happening to me. You may need to use some Milk of Magnesia to unclog the plumbing. Is it truly Constipation or is it because you are not eating solids? You may also want to increase your Water intake to help this. I can assure you that no one will ever get upset with any question posted. That's why we are all here to help. jake

Thanks Jake I have an appointment with my Primary Dr this morning for my pre-op work. I'll mention it to her. I've been able to get down about 6 glasses of Water daily. I haven't been able to get 8 in. Is that going to be a problem after the band? I cannot understand how some say the drink a gallon a day when it has to be scheduled an hour after every meal. They must drink a quart each time! Plus I have the understanding can't gulp it so how will it work to get the water in with the Band??

Cynsayshun - what a good idea to wright a letter to our family's, etc. I am going to do that today. I hope yall are doing well today!

I had a very hard day yesterday with my 1st day of pre-op. I can have 3 Protein shakes a day & no food. By the afternoon my mind was plotting against me. I was going a lil crazy but I made it through with minimal cheating...I had a couple bites of cottage cheese and a handful of chicken at dinner time so I didn't drink my last Protein shake. I was so tired I was asleep by 8pm which is absolutely unheard of for me. My head is still aching since yesterday & it brought on aunt flo early...

I know today will be better & this is totally worth it. I can do it! We can all do it!

Good for you.

Yeagh ! I am.... Only 44Lbs until Onderland.

I know it's a slow go ! But I'll take whatever I can get in a Loss.

It only gets me closer there.

That is my next Goal.

This is Life long ! So it will come.

But YES ! ! ! !, I am delighted.

:party::party::party::party:

Thanks Jake I have an appointment with my Primary Dr this morning for my pre-op work. I'll mention it to her. I've been able to get down about 6 glasses of Water daily. I haven't been able to get 8 in. Is that going to be a problem after the band? I cannot understand how some say the drink a gallon a day when it has to be scheduled an hour after every meal. They must drink a quart each time! Plus I have the understanding can't gulp it so how will it work to get the Water in with the Band??

As you continue your journey you will get accustomed to the 8 oz. or more of water. Before the band my water intake was mainly diet Dr. Pepper and hated to drink large amounts of water. Currently I have no problem taking in 1 gallon or more of water. You body will eventually develop a natural thirst for water - no worries on this one.

Now as far as the amount of water and gulping vs drinking slowly, you will initially have to drink slower. All band journeys are different, but, I can tell you that I and many others drink water fast without any problem and includes gulping, but, the learning process will tell you which way you must drink. As far as the time/amount to drink water in between meals is much easier than you think. Remember, you may use low cal drinks such as lite apple, cranberry, grape etc. juices, sugar free additives to water such as Crystal Light, that make your liquid intake much easier. You still want most of your liquid intake to be H2O, but, until you adjust these drinks help tremendously. Don't worry about this one, trust me. jake

Good morning everyone. So this is day 2 of my pre-op diet and I am doing much better today. No hunger pains like yesterday. I made my shake with 2oz of coconut milk and 6oz skim milk and vanilla powder. It was a little thicker and was really good. Coconut milk is not bad at all. A 2oz serving has 40 cal. 4g fat 0 carbs 1g sugar and 1 Protein. My Protien powder is 110 cal. so i am under my 200 cal. limit for my shake in the morning.

Hope everyone who has started their pre-ops is doing well and staying strong. If you have not started your yet its not that bad at all. Just keep you goal on your mind and you will do fine.